Thread: What A Mighty God we Serve!

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: What A Mighty God we Serve!

PRAYER REQUESTS/ UPDATES/ PRAISE REPORTS

A PRAISE

Praise God for giving us his greatest gift, Jesus Christ!

For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. Of the increase of his government and peace there will be no end. He will reign on David's throne and over his kingdom, establishing and upholding it with justice and righteousness from that time on and forever. The zeal of the LORD Almighty will accomplish this. [Isaiah 9:6-7 NIV]

2020 PRAYERS

3/28/2020 Ropegg - Praying for USA and the World concerning covid 19.

3/29/2020 Burgyeb - Continuing to pray for USA and Nations impacted by disasters during 2018 - 2019, who are still in recovery mode. Also praying for USA and the World concerning covid 19.

2020 PRAISE REPORTS

2020 UPDATES

FOR EARLIER UPDATE HISTORY SEE POST #760 & POST #982 (LAST 2010 LIST UPDATE)
    SEE POST # 1039 FOR THREAD 2010 SUMMARY REPORT & POST #1043 FOR 1st PRAYER LIST 2011
    POST# 1281 FOR LAST PRAYER LIST FOR 2011 & POST# 1288 FOR 2011 SUMMARY REPORT
    SEE POST # 1447 FOR LAST PRAYER LIST FOR 2012 & POST # 1486 FOR 2012 SUMMARY REPORT
    SEE POST # 1504 FOR LAST PRAYER LIST FOR 2013
    SEE POST # 1541 FOR LAST PRAYER LIST FOR 2014
    SEE POST # 1546 FOR LAST PRAYER LIST FOR 2015/16
    SEE POSTS #1591 & #1621 FOR LAST PRAYER LISTS FOR 2017 & POST #1623 FOR 2017 SUMMARY REPORT
    SEE POST #1691 FOR LAST PRAYER LIST FOR 2O18 & POST #1704 FOR 2O18 SUMMARY REPORT
    SEE POST # 1721 FOR LAST PRAYER LIST FOR 2019 & POST # 1723 FOR 2019 SUMMARY REPORT

Lucy's Grandfather has been moved into I.C.U.

View ropegg's Feedback (+424)
    All-About ropegg
    View ropegg's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by somersethedge View Post
    I have been praying for the family and I pray that Lucy's Grandfather is improving. May God bless you all during the additional stress that seems to be raging this year.

I am also praying for your country as well as the US.
    My stores:
    Ropegg
    Cups-Cups-Cups
    And Other Stuff
    Peggy A's Jewels

God Bless and have a great day!!!!

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

I have been praying for Lucy and her family, and they have also been in my thoughts daily. Joining my prayers with those of Ropegg's for Lucy's Grandfather, USA, UK, and also for all impacted individuals around the world.

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Continuing to pray for all of those mentioned by name or position, who have been impacted by Covid-19. Have been pondering about prayer, and particularly praying for those in authority. There is no directive that prayers are to be reserved for leader(s) one follows, supports, shares in a religion or ideology, and so forth.

My thoughts were occupied with one leader in particular, Cyrus the Persian (559-530 B.C.). Cyrus was spoken of by the Prophet Isaiah who began his prophetic ministry in 740 B.C. Isaiah prophesied on the role of Cyrus in restoring God's people out of exile, and the rebuilding of the Temple (Isaiah 41:2; 44:28; 45:1-5,13).

The Prophet Jeremiah predicted that God's people, who were in exile, would return from Babylonian exile after 70 years (Jeremiah 29:10-14). Jeremiah also instructed God's people to pray for the city of their exile. They were told to pray for the peace and prosperity of the city, because if the city prospered they also would prosper (Jeremiah 29:7).

Cyrus defeated and captured the Babylonians in October 539 B.C. The Babylonian exiles began to return to Jerusalem in 538, after about 70 years of exile, as predicted by Jeremiah. This occurred in the first year of Cyrus's reign in Persia 539-530 B.C. (Ezra 1:1-4).

Cyrus was very generous in his support of rebuilding the Temple (Ezra 1--3). Although Cyrus acknowledged the role of the God of heaven in his conquests, and supported God's people, he did not serve God; he worshiped and served Marduk. Cyrus and other Persian kings were prayed for and supported by God's people and leaders. God made the people and leaders such as Ezra, Nehemiah, and others to prosper.

Lucy's Grandfather is now out of I.C.U. and back on a ward

View ropegg's Feedback (+424)
    All-About ropegg
    View ropegg's Listings
    Forum Posts

Lucy's Grandfather is now out of I.C.U. and back on a ward
    That is a blessings and may God help you all be able to enjoy the holidays.
    My stores:
    Ropegg
    Cups-Cups-Cups
    And Other Stuff
    Peggy A's Jewels

God Bless and have a great day!!!!

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Cool Re: What A Mighty God we Serve!

I'm so glad to hear that Lucy's Grandfather is on the mend. Thanks for the update Somer. Hope that Lucy and her other family members are doing well also.

More on Cyrus. I had stated that he did not serve God, but he was diligent in his service to God. So what did I mean? Cyrus was fully aware of God's call on him, and he was careful to do everything to fulfill God's purpose. God had even said that Cyrus was his anointed (Isaiah 45:1); that Cyrus was his shepherd and would accomplish all that God required of him). [See Isaiah 44:28; Ezra 1:1-4]
    Cyrus was called to fulfill the righteous purposes of God (Isaiah 41:2 NIVSB note).

Isaiah prophesied..."This is what the LORD says...that Jerusalem..."shall be inhabited...the ruins of Judah shall be rebuilt...who says of Cyrus, He is my shepherd and will accomplish all that I please; he will say of Jerusalem, 'Let it be rebuilt,' and of the temple, 'Let its foundations be laid.' "(Isaiah 44:24-28 NIV).

"This is what the LORD says to his anointed, to Cyrus, whose right hand I take hold of to subdue nations before him...so that you may know that I am the LORD, the God of Israel, who summons you by name. For the sake of Jacob my servant, of Israel my chosen, I summon you by name and bestow on you a title of honor, though you do not acknowledge me, I am the LORD, and there is no other; apart from me there is no God. I will strengthen you, though you have not acknowledged me,.... " (Isaiah 45:1-5, 13 NIV)

This is what I meant...after seeing so much of God's fullnes, Cyrus did not acknowledge him as his God. These prophesies of Isaiah were proclaimed more than 200 years before Cyrus fulfilled them. God said all these things concerning Cyrus before Cyrus was formed in his mother's womb. Cyrus did not yet exist, but God identified and called him by name through his servant Isaiah. God also acknowledged that Cyrus would not acknowledge him as God; but this did not stop God from using Cyrus to fulfill his divine purpose.

"In the first year of Cyrus king of Persia, in order to fulfill the word of the LORD spoken by Jeremiah, the LORD moved the heart of Cyrus king of Persia to make a proclamation throughout his realm and put it in writing:

"This is what Cyrus king of Persia says: " 'The LORD, the God of heaven, has given me all the kingdoms of the earth and he has appointed me to build a temple for him at Jerusalem in Judah ...' "(Ezre 1:1-4 NIV) Cyrus was summoned by God, the God of Israel, for the sake of Jacob his servant (Isaiah 45:1-6; Isaiah 44:21-22 NIV)

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

It was such a blessing to receive an update report from Samaritan's Purse and their volunteer teams. The USA Disaster Relief Teams have been responding to communities devastated by hurricanes, tornadoes, floodwaters, and wildfires. They have received requests from more than 5000 individuals and families, for assistance in rebuilding their homes that were destroyed in four recent hurricanes, in Louisiana, Alabama and Florida. The Samaritan's Purse expressed its appreciation for the many volunteers who have come on board to help, and they made a special appeal for even more volunteers to assist with the disaster relief efforts.

Samaritan's Purse also reported that the Prime Minister of the Bahamas has requested their help in handling a surge of Covid-19 cases that are devastating their Nation. Thousands have been infected with the virus on the Island of New Providence and in Nassau (the capital). An around the clock curfew has been imposed in an attempt to bring surge of infections under control.

On October 14, 2020 Samaritan's Purse flew its DC-8 Cargo Jet from North Carolina to the Bahamas; airlifting a full medical team, and all equipment needed to set up a full 28 bed medical facility adjacent to the Princess Margaret Hospital in Nassau, Bahamas. The Samaritan's Purse medical team will include some of the highly skilled doctors and nurses who went to New York City, USA and to Milan, Italy to help with the devastation of Covid-19.

I am praying for the individuals and families who have been devastated by natural disasters from rain, wind, and fire across the USA. Also praying for the Bahamas who have been devastated by a surge in Covid-19 infections. Also praying for Samaritan's Purse, their teams of disaster relief volunteers, and their team of doctors, nurses, and ancillary healthcare workers. God, thank you for blessing their efforts to bring relief and your healing to those who are hurting.

Lucy's grandfather is back home and the rest of the family are on the mend

Thread Information