My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: What A Mighty God we Serve!

Default Re: What A Mighty God we Serve!

Matt our Youth Worker has asked me to circulate this prayer request.

"Please can we be praying for Lucy, one of our young people, who has tested positive for Coronavirus. Lucy has lost her sense of taste and smell, feels very sick and is coughing lots. Her Mum has Cystic Fibrosis and is in the high risk category. She also had contact with her Grandparents just before she received the positive result. Please pray for a quick recovery for Lucy and protection against the virus for her Mum and Grandparents."

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thank you Jesus for Matt and Somer who have brought this very serious prayer need for Lucy and her family. I am joining my prayers with theirs, and I know that nothing is too hard for you to do. Please touch Lucy with your healing power Jesus. Restore her sense of taste and smell; interupt the virus that is attacking her body. Lord please protect her lungs and other vital organs. Marshall the appropriate care that Lucy needs to address her symptoms. Give her healthcare providers wisdom as they address her plan of care. Heal her speedily and completely Lord.

Lord Jesus please shield Lucy's Mum from the Corona virus as she is a high risk individual. Also shield her Grandparents, that she came into contact before her diagnosis was known. May they get the appropriate testing to make sure they are not positive.

Thank you Lord for hearing our prayers, and for being a compassionate God who is concerned about our needs. We ask these things in the precious Name of Jesus, Amen.

View ropegg's Feedback (+424)
    All-About ropegg
    View ropegg's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by somersethedge View Post
    Matt our Youth Worker has asked me to circulate this prayer request.

"Please can we be praying for Lucy, one of our young people, who has tested positive for Coronavirus. Lucy has lost her sense of taste and smell, feels very sick and is coughing lots. Her Mum has Cystic Fibrosis and is in the high risk category. She also had contact with her Grandparents just before she received the positive result. Please pray for a quick recovery for Lucy and protection against the virus for her Mum and Grandparents."
    I will be praying for Lucy that she will have quick and undistructive recovery and for her other family member plus others that she may have come in contact with.

I will also be joining Burgyeb in her in her prayers for the first family and others affected by this pandemic. I will be continuing my prayers for the USA and England as well as other countries in this time of pain and heartbreak with the Coronavirus. Love and Blessings
    My stores:
    Ropegg
    Cups-Cups-Cups
    And Other Stuff
    Peggy A's Jewels

God Bless and have a great day!!!!

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by burgyeb View Post
    Peace, Abiding Peace, a Peace which surpasses all understanding! [Philippians 4:7]

Peace is what I have been experiencing since this past Friday, when I learned of the Covid-19 diagnosis of President Donald J. Trump and First Lady Melania Trump. That peace continued as I learned of the mounting positive cases among prominent leaders attending an event at the White House.

My prayers have been with all of the individuals infected and their families. The President was hospitalized for observation and treatment. He appears to have made a significant improvement even one day post diagnosis. His doctors are cautiously encouraged by his progress. Still I feel peace!

Have been watching the President's 4 minute video from the hospital. He looks good, very good; but acknowledges that the next few days will show his progress and response to treatment. Massive shows of support and prayers are being shown for the President's healing and the healing of other impacted persons.

The President is being treated with two experimental therapies. The President called these and other experimental drugs "miracles, miracles coming down from God"; he said this in his video clip with child like faith. The video is on Twitter. I will be continuing to pray for him, asking God to protect him from any potential side effects of the treatment and to heal him completely and speedily. God heal and protect all of the other individuals who were infected, and bless their families.

Continuing to pray for all persons who have been infected with the virus that causes Covid-19, and their families throughout the world.
    Praise the LORD, one of the two "experimental" drugs used to treat President Trump a couple of weeks ago, was approved by the FDA on Oct. 22, as the first FDA approved drug to treat COVID-19. He was placed on a 5 day treatment regimen; had received 4 days in hospital; and 5th dose at White House via medical unit. It is recommended for treatment of all hospitalized patients; and being considered for outpatient treatment of patients at home who are sick, but weren't hospitalized. See link below for Remdesivir:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/med...Yg4?li=BBnba9O

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Praying for Vice President Pence and his campaign team; four of his top aides have tested positive for the virus that causes Covid-19. Lord I pray that you would heal them speedily and protect them from damaging effects of the virus.

The Vice President and his wife have tested negative for the virus. Praying that God will protect him, his wife, and other members of his team.

Lord I ask that the President, Vice President, their staff and aides would proceed with wisdom and caution as they continue their campaign efforts. I pray also for their supporters and their families that they would be open to following established protocol designed to protect them from the virus.

Thank you Lord for your willingness and ability to change hearts and minds.

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Continuing to pray for individuals and families who have been impacted by Covid-19 in the USA and around the world. Praying for those who are having a difficult time dealing with lock down situations in their communities. Praying that the availability of additional therapeutics and vaccines become available quickly, to combat SARS-Co-V2 (the virus that causes Covid-19).

Continuing to pray for those individuals mentioned by name or association, including the First Family (USA), the Vice President, his family,and his support team; Lucy and her family members. Also asking God to bless and touch Somer in a special way for bringing Lucy's prayer needs to our attention. As well as asking God to bless and protect Matt as he continues to minister to the needs of the congregation's youth.

I am raising all of these petitions, requests, prayers to God in the precious Name of Jesus. Thank you God for hearing and answering prayers. Amen. (Jeremiah 33:2-3)

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Considering the phenomenon of praise and miracles, last discussed on page 175, post #1750, would like to share a personal observation of the relationship between praise and miracles.

I have noticed on a few occasions that when high praises of God are being expressed, that miracles started happening without the need of formal prayer. By this I mean miracles of healing, miracles of deliverance, were happening without a prayer requests. This has usually occurred during congressional praise at church or a similar gathering.

It made more sense to me when I considered the Bible verse, that a worshiper actually enters God's gates with thanksgiving and enters his courts with praise. (Psalm 95:2; Psalm 100:4) We are also told that God actually inhabits those praises.

So does praise take the place of prayer? Of course not. Praising God in all circumstances (not for all circumstances), because all circumstances do not come from God. Praise is a vital part of effective prayer.

Praise and prayer are both defensive and offensive weapons of spiritual warfare and work. We are to praise God continually and pray always.

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

What does it mean that...."all circumstances do not come from God"?

Well, to begin to understand what that means, one would need a basic understanding of God's character. One would need to be familiar with the purpose(s) of God, and also the purpose(s) of Satan. It is very easy to blame everything on God....the good, the bad, and the ugly. But the truth of the matter is that all circumstances do not come from God.

God is a good God. Goodness is a basic tenet of his character. The ways of God are not fully searchable. We often do not understand why he does not step in and do something to change or help our difficulties.

It took Job approximately 40 of 42 chapters to partially understand that God was not the author of his suffering. But God never explained to Job the behind the scene dealings that he had with Satan; nor why he allowed Satan to afflict Job, all the while calling Job perfect.

The purposes of God are designed to bring about a state of abundant life. The purposes of Satan are to steal, kill, and destroy. Often God gets the blame for the circumstances that have their origin in Satan. But sometimes it is difficult to tell where problematic circumstances are originating from. And maybe just like Job one may never fully understand.

Continue to praise God as you go through the difficulty. Attempt to remain as close as you can to God in prayer in good times and in bad times. May the peace of God be with you.

New update on Lucy and her family (copied and pasted from the email I got earlier today)

Sorry I didn't get to say hello this morning but I was a bit preoccupied. 2 friends have been suffering from the virus this week. The husband, Bernie, was hit harder and his oxygen levels were too low yesterday so he was admitted to Hillingdon hospital yesterday morning and I was trying to get an update. He's been put on his tummy today to help his breathing and is on antibiotics and steroids. June is improving but has horrible cough. Please pray for them. They are grandparents of Lucy who we've been praying for and on Saturday her mum Carolyn has also tested positive. She has cystic fibrosis.

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by somersethedge View Post
    New update on Lucy and her family (copied and pasted from the email I got earlier today)

Sorry I didn't get to say hello this morning but I was a bit preoccupied. 2 friends have been suffering from the virus this week. The husband, Bernie, was hit harder and his oxygen levels were too low yesterday so he was admitted to Hillingdon hospital yesterday morning and I was trying to get an update. He's been put on his tummy today to help his breathing and is on antibiotics and steroids. June is improving but has horrible cough. Please pray for them. They are grandparents of Lucy who we've been praying for and on Saturday her mum Carolyn has also tested positive. She has cystic fibrosis.

I am so sorry that Lucy's grandparents and her mum have also tested positive for the Corona virus. I will continue to pray for Lucy and her family members that they will be completely and speedily healed of any negative effects of the virus.

Praying that Lucy's Grandfather will respond positively to his treatment regimen, and return quickly to his home and community. Praying that Lucy's Grandmother will get relief from her cough and be spared from other unpleasant symptoms. Praying that Lucy's Mum be shielded and protected from the virus. Pray that she would not develop severe symptoms due to her pre-existing condition.

How is Lucy doing?

Thread Information