My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: What A Mighty God we Serve!

Default Re: What A Mighty God we Serve!

on a lighter side, our dog normally does not like me and Pam sitting on the sofa at the same time and will do his best to make one of us move, since we have started attending the online service he jumps up between us and stays there throughout the service watching it on the screen, and as soon as the service is over he goes back to trying to get one of us to move. Go figure lol

Quote Originally Posted by ropegg View Post
    healing of your fibromyalgia.
    Fibro I can live with, Depression is another matter, so HE removed the right one

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by somersethedge View Post
    Well Pam also watches/joins in the Sunday services, (she's a lapsed Methodist), and has a new NIV Bible. Also the Girlfriend who first "dragged" me to Church all those years ago is back in contact with some of the people at the Church after years of no contact (sort of) via me.
    Well God continue to bless Pam. I used to attend a Methodist Church, and coordinated their Outreach and Evangelism Ministry. Although I was born and raised an Episcopalian, I have an appreciation of various mainline denominations. I also use the NIV, and mine's is literally falling apart. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by somersethedge View Post
    on a lighter side, our dog normally does not like me and Pam sitting on the sofa at the same time and will do his best to make one of us move, since we have started attending the online service he jumps up between us and stays there throughout the service watching it on the screen, and as soon as the service is over he goes back to trying to get one of us to move. Go figure lol
    Sounds like you have a very perceptive, intuitive, and smart doggie; with a case of possessiveness and jealousy. :-)

View ropegg's Feedback (+424)
    All-About ropegg
    View ropegg's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by burgyeb View Post
    Well God continue to bless Pam. I used to attend a Methodist Church, and coordinated their Outreach and Evangelism Ministry. Although I was born and raised an Episcopalian, I have an appreciation of various mainline denominations. I also use the NIV, and mine's is literally falling apart. :-)

Sounds like you have a very perceptive, intuitive, and smart doggie; with a case of possessiveness and jealousy. :-)
    God bless and comfort us all as we struggle through the times of trials in our countries now. I am blessed by having a church family that is praying and even though they can't all gather at church they are a comfort.

Lol with Pam and Sumer's doggie pal. I am asking God to give a special touch for both of you to feel better.
    My stores:
    Ropegg
    Cups-Cups-Cups
    And Other Stuff
    Peggy A's Jewels

God Bless and have a great day!!!!

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

I have been especially blessed to receive a few reports from Samaritan's Purse concerning their Emergency Medicine Ministry with Covid-19 epicenters of this pandemic.

The first report included footage of a Samaritan's Purse full Field Hospital, which was set up in Cremona, Italy. They are located in Northern Italy, just outside of Milan. Their hospital infrastructure has been devastated by Covid-19. Samaritan's Purse has also brought in dozens of healthcare providers to minister with world class expertise and compassion, in the Name of Jesus.

The Director of Samaritan's Purse Hospital in Italy reported that they were getting a reputation that "miracles are happening there", after several patients who were not expected to live experienced recovery. It was also reported that before their arrival on March 20, 2020, there were no surviving patients of Covid-19 in the ICU.

One of the medical personnel reported that they use the same treatments as the other hospital, but they are including Jesus and prayers to their efforts. The patients are reportedly requesting and desiring prayers. All are not surviving, but some of them have accepted the Lord as their saviour; Praise the Lord! What a blessed report from Italy.

The second report I received from Samaritan's Purse involved the setting up of another full Field Hospital in Central Park, NYC, NY. This has been called "Ground Zero for the Pandemic" and was set up to relieve the pressure and burden of the city's hospitals in the care of Covid-19 patients. Other affiliated hospitals from the other New York Boroughs are also sending patients.

The purpose once again of these highly skilled medical workers is to provide top notch care with the love and compassion of Jesus Christ. Little children had posted thank you notes on the fences surrounding the Field Hospital. One of the most touching scenes pictured, was the medical personnel sealing their isolation gowns with Bible verses, like Psalm 23 and Psalm 91.

I will bless the Lord at all times and his praise shall continually be in my mouth.

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Continuing to pray for individuals, families, and communities around the world, who are impacted by Covid 19 virus. Praying also that leaders and health officials utilize wisdom as they make decisions for reopening their economies.

Samaritan's Purse has provided an encouraging report about their Emergency Medical Hospitals care and ministry for Covid-19 patients in hard hit locations. The field hospital in New York City (NYC) has reported discharging over 90% of its Covid 19 patients back into their communities. Several patients in NYC and Cremona, Italy have shared their testimonies of physical and spiritual healing. Samaritan's Purse also reportedly is providing covid 19 outreach and prevention services to at least 26 additional nations.

Praying also for those with stated and unstated needs.

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

About Praise and Miracles (Continued)

Is there a difference between miracles and being blessed (of God)? I think there is a difference. Starting with their definitions included in Merriam Webster's Collegiate Dictionary, 10th Edition.

Blessed - To invoke divine care for; approved; to confer prosperity or happiness upon; bringing pleasure, contentment, or good fortune; finding favor with man (male or female) and God.

Being blessed is a state of relationship that occurs through God's love and grace for mankind. One can be blessed even in the face of tragedy and loss. Being blessed is a state of being, in good times and in bad times.

Miracle - A wonder, marvel; an extraordinary event manifesting divine intervention in human affairs.

Miracles do not happen all the time; they are out of the ordinary occurrences. A Christian or a non- Christian will be in awe and marvel when a miracle occurs. A mature Christian does not need to see a miracle from God, to believe in God, or to love and obey God. They will thrill in God's power and ability to display miraculous events.

As I shared in post #1735 on page 174, that 2009 appeared to be a year of miracles, and I wanted to share some of those miracles. If you have the time, desire, or interest, please review 2009 posts and summary report. Each reported miraculous event was equally as important as any other. My selection of a few was done because of important patterns I observed when considering the miracle. However, I was absolutely thrilled each time a miracle occurred, because it demonstrated God's awesomeness.

This first miracle was chosen because it showed that a miracle from God can be progressive, it does not have to happen in a moment of time. This is important to understand, because sometimes people get discouraged when/if God does not answer their prayer immediately, or in the way they wanted it answered.

On June 18, 2009 (post #411, p.42) Sofiag1964 (Sofia) requested prayer for her niece who was in ICU after delivering her baby; she had pneumonia and swine flu. I posted my prayer for Sophia's niece on post #413, p.42; Ropegg added Sofia's niece to our prayer list. On June 30, 2009 (post #423, p.43) Ropegg reported receiving an email from Sophia, stating that Sophia's niece was expected to live for 24 to 48 hours.

On July 17, 2009 (post #461, p. 47) contained an update to Prayer List's Praise Report Section. "Sophia's niece - She is doing better.....
    They are starting some rehab by moving her legs." PTL! She was being given 24 to 48 hours to live one month ago.

On August 22, 2009 (posts 496--498) Sophia was finally able to get back into the forums. She included an updated praise report on her niece's recovery (see post # 498, p. 50). Sophia reported that her sister (her niece's mother) and her niece's husband refused to accept the doctor's report. She stated "as soon as the words left the doctor's mouth, that her daughter had 24 to 48 hours to live, her niece's mother said 'NO', we shall believe in the report of the Lord!' " Sophia described her sister as being unwavering in faith, refusing to accept any negative talk about her daughter's condition, and refusing to prepare for a funeral.

Sophia said "Look at God show off, huh? Taya is now well on the road to recovering & restoration, praise God." And I add my "praise God" for his miraculous healing and process of restoration for Sophia's niece. Shabach! Hallelujah!

View ropegg's Feedback (+424)
    All-About ropegg
    View ropegg's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by burgyeb View Post

Is there a difference between miracles and being blessed (of God)? I think there is a difference. Starting with their definitions included in Merriam Webster's Collegiate Dictionary, 10th Edition.

Blessed - To invoke divine care for; approved; to confer prosperity or happiness upon; bringing pleasure, contentment, or good fortune; finding favor with man (male or female) and God.

Being blessed is a state of relationship that occurs through God's love and grace for mankind. One can be blessed even in the face of tragedy and loss. Being blessed is a state of being, in good times and in bad times.

Miracle - A wonder, marvel; an extraordinary event manifesting divine intervention in human affairs.

Miracles do not happen all the time; they are out of the ordinary occurrences. A Christian or a non- Christian will be in awe and marvel when a miracle occurs. A mature Christian does not need to see a miracle from God, to believe in God, or to love and obey God. They will thrill in God's power and ability to display miraculous events.

As I shared in post #1735 on page 174, that 2009 appeared to be a year of miracles, and I wanted to share some of those miracles. If you have the time, desire, or interest, please review 2009 posts and summary report. Each reported miraculous event was equally as important as any other. My selection of a few was done because of important patterns I observed when considering the miracle. However, I was absolutely thrilled each time a miracle occurred, because it demonstrated God's awesomeness.

This first miracle was chosen because it showed that a miracle from God can be progressive, it does not have to happen in a moment of time. This is important to understand, because sometimes people get discouraged when/if God does not answer their prayer immediately, or in the way they wanted it answered.

On June 18, 2009 (post #411, p.42) Sofiag1964 (Sofia) requested prayer for her niece who was in ICU after delivering her baby; she had pneumonia and swine flu. I posted my prayer for Sophia's niece on post #413, p.42; Ropegg added Sofia's niece to our prayer list. On June 30, 2009 (post #423, p.43) Ropegg reported receiving an email from Sophia, stating that Sophia's niece was expected to live for 24 to 48 hours.

On July 17, 2009 (post #461, p. 47) contained an update to Prayer List's Praise Report Section. "Sophia's niece - She is doing better.....
    They are starting some rehab by moving her legs." PTL! She was being given 24 to 48 hours to live one month ago.

On August 22, 2009 (posts 496--498) Sophia was finally able to get back into the forums. She included an updated praise report on her niece's recovery (see post # 498, p. 50). Sophia reported that her sister (her niece's mother) and her niece's husband refused to accept the doctor's report. She stated "as soon as the words left the doctor's mouth, that her daughter had 24 to 48 hours to live, her niece's mother said 'NO', we shall believe in the report of the Lord!' " Sophia described her sister as being unwavering in faith, refusing to accept any negative talk about her daughter's condition, and refusing to prepare for a funeral.

Sophia said "Look at God show off, huh? Taya is now well on the road to recovering & restoration, praise God." And I add my "praise God" for his miraculous healing and process of restoration for Sophia's niece. Shabach! Hallelujah!

I am so thankful that God does preform miracles and that you do such a fantastic job of promoting His Love. Sofia has given us a lot.
    My stores:
    Ropegg
    Cups-Cups-Cups
    And Other Stuff
    Peggy A's Jewels

God Bless and have a great day!!!!

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ropegg View Post
    I am so thankful that God does preform miracles and that you do such a fantastic job of promoting His Love. Sofia has given us a lot.
    Thank you Ropegg. Yes, I agree. Sophia has given us a lot. I sure do miss her.

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

This second miracle was chosen because it showed that a miracle from God can be in an instant, it can happen in a moment of time. This is important to understand because there is no time to plan, to pray an exhaustive prayer; this could be a matter of life or death. This miracle involved an animal, yes an animal, a cow to be exact. This occurred on December 1, 2009, on post #610, p.61.

A few questions came to mind: Does God speak to animals? Does God directly control animals? The Bible clearly testifies of God's sovereignty, power, and love demonstrated through his interaction and control of animals. In the Book of Job, God did not speak one word during Job's suffering, nor his complaints to God, during 37 of 42 chapters. God appeared to Job in the last 5 chapters of Job, chapters 38----42. In four (4) of the five (5) chapters God challenged Job to answer his questions concerning the animal kingdom, and their interaction with God. (See Job 38:39----39:30; Job 40:15-24; and Job 41) Job was unable to answer God; and in Job 42:1-6, Job repented in dust and ashes.

Read the post about what happened on p.61, post # 610, as reported by Youmeus. She stated, "Gary went to chore this AM and a cow charged him, knocked him down and rolled him around on the rock drive. He thought she was going to kill him and he said 'Help me Lord'. The cow turned around and walked off. PTL." See the post to see the damage that cow did before walking away.

A three word prayer turned that cow around "Lord help me" (See Gramma1111 post #611, p. 62)

Ropegg also thanked God.....'for turning that cow around and preventing it from killing Gary when he asked for his help' (post 613, p. 62)

Burgyeb acknowledged God's swift & powerful response to Gary's cry to God, as a miracle ( post #616, p.62)

Ropegg stated she considered it a miracle (post #632, p. 64)

Youmeus reported on her husband Gary's successful surgery from the attack by the cow (post #617, p. 62)

Gramma1111 prayed a very special prayer on post #620, p.62 under the prayer list:

"Thank you Father for hearing our prayers. Thank you for the miraculous and loving things you have done for everyone on this prayer list. We don't deserve such perfect love but thank you for showing us otherwise. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen."

Thread Information