Thread: What A Mighty God we Serve!

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: What A Mighty God we Serve!

PRAYER REQUESTS/ UPDATES/ PRAISE REPORTS

A PRAISE

Praise God for giving us his greatest gift, Jesus Christ!

For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. Of the increase of his government and peace there will be no end. He will reign on David's throne and over his kingdom, establishing and upholding it with justice and righteousness from that time on and forever. The zeal of the LORD Almighty will accomplish this. [Isaiah 9:6-7 NIV]

2020 PRAYERS

3/28/2020 Ropegg - Praying for USA and the World concerning covid 19.

3/29/2020 Burgyeb - Continuing to pray for USA and Nations impacted by disasters during 2018 - 2019, who are still in recovery mode. Also praying for USA and the World concerning covid 19.

2020 PRAISE REPORTS

2020 UPDATES

FOR EARLIER UPDATE HISTORY SEE POST #760 & POST #982 (LAST 2010 LIST UPDATE)
    SEE POST # 1039 FOR THREAD 2010 SUMMARY REPORT & POST #1043 FOR 1st PRAYER LIST 2011
    POST# 1281 FOR LAST PRAYER LIST FOR 2011 & POST# 1288 FOR 2011 SUMMARY REPORT
    SEE POST # 1447 FOR LAST PRAYER LIST FOR 2012 & POST # 1486 FOR 2012 SUMMARY REPORT
    SEE POST # 1504 FOR LAST PRAYER LIST FOR 2013
    SEE POST # 1541 FOR LAST PRAYER LIST FOR 2014
    SEE POST # 1546 FOR LAST PRAYER LIST FOR 2015/16
    SEE POSTS #1591 & #1621 FOR LAST PRAYER LISTS FOR 2017 & POST #1623 FOR 2017 SUMMARY REPORT
    SEE POST #1691 FOR LAST PRAYER LIST FOR 2O18 & POST #1704 FOR 2O18 SUMMARY REPORT
    SEE POST # 1721 FOR LAST PRAYER LIST FOR 2019 & POST # 1723 FOR 2019 SUMMARY REPORT

LORD we give you thanks for your presence and peace during this war-like nightmare called covid-19, that is devastating the USA and the world. LORD we know that there is no mightier name than the name of Jesus.

In the name of Jesus, manifest your power and goodness as the world continues to be devastated by covid-19.

Special prayers for New York/NYC with highest number of cases and deaths reportedly. New York is reporting need of licensed healthcare staff, ventilators, and PPE.

Thank you LORD for being present and concerned about this national and world-wide situation. We give you thanks for being a God who hears and answers prayers.

View ropegg's Feedback (+424)
    All-About ropegg
    View ropegg's Listings
    Forum Posts

May the Lord's guidance be upon those having to make decisions concerning Covid 19 as that must be hard to do and so overwhelming. Blessings of peace and comfort to those who have lost loved ones.
    My stores:
    Ropegg
    Cups-Cups-Cups
    And Other Stuff
    Peggy A's Jewels

God Bless and have a great day!!!!

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Happy Easter Everyone! Stay safe as you celebrate our risen Saviour.

I have made a personal decision (choice) to observe Easter as Orthodox Christians do on April 19, 2020. Find myself wishing more often that Easter was a non-movable celebration. I understand the use of the Julian and Gregorian calendars, but man's attempt to control time is wearisome.

As long as the reason for the season is maintained, that is the most important part.

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Happy Easter to all Orthodox Christian believers; and to all believers who are observing Easter Sunday today. May we all celebrate our risen saviour, Jesus Christ daily in our hearts.

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

About Praise and Miracles (Continued)

Towards the end of March, I reviewed pages 40-70, that completed a 1 year period of time through 2009 and beginning of 2010. This review reminded me of the 2019 Covid-19 situation, because in 2009 there was great concern about Swine Flu. Here we are approximately ten years later with a more deadly situation.

On page 40, post# 395 a visitor to the thread requested "compelling evidence for belief in God. Three thread participants shared portions of their personal testimonies for belief in God from posts #396-400.

Certain patterns emerged during this thread review including the significance of numbers. Also 2009 appeared to be "A year of miracles". A few instances will be shared about miracles that occurred after prayers to God.

Well I won’t say this is a miracle but....

You know me.... Somersethedge the Pagan, Somersethedge the one with Fibromyalgia

What you don’t know I am also Somersethedge the guy who suffers with bipolar depression
    Somersethedge who wasn’t always a Pagan

I was once a Christian. I was baptised by full immersion into the Baptist Church in 1979.

I still pop into my old Church web site every so often for a look around. Just for the hell of it I went into the site to see how they were dealing with the Corona Virus. At the same time my bipolar was getting really bad again, I found that the Church was starting to “Zoom” the Sunday services, so for a laugh I asked if they would allow me to join the service, with no intension of attending.

This was on a Friday. All over the weekend my bipolar was getting worse, by Monday I woke up close to suicidal (again). I logged on to my emails and there was a reply from the minister of the Church telling me they had put me on the email list and would send me a link to the service for that Sunday....

By the time I had finished reading the short email my depression had completely lifted and I felt really good, alright I still have the pain of the Fibro but without the depression I can cope with it.

Since then I have attended the Sunday services, been back in contact with the person who prayed with me when I first gave my life to the Lord and bought a new Bible (my old one’s were getting very tatty).

I won’t say I will completely turn my back on my Pagan ways as some of their teachings work hand in hand with Christianity.

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Oh Sumer, I do consider this a miracle. In my post# 40, my opening comment was that a changed life is the greatest evidence of God's existence. A changed life is a miracle gift from God. What I have always loved about the Lord, is that he meets us where we are.

I have always known that you are/were a Pagan, and I have always respected the strength of your convictions. What is more important is that the Lord knows who you are, and he accepts you for who you are the moment you turn to him.

It is the work of the Holy Spirit to come along beside you, and to comfort and help you to walk in the path that the Lord has already preordained for you to walk. God wants you whole (healed), spiritually, physically, mentally, emotionally, socially, financially, and in every area of your life.

God has demonstrated his love and concern for you by lifting your depression, and giving you relief mentally. God is able to lift the pain away from your body that you have endured for so long. Would you allow us to place you on the prayer list for healing of your pain, and continuation of the process of making you whole. Request prayer specifically from your church for your fibromyalgia pain to be removed.

Somer, I have been literally trembling while writing this post, because of the powerful and gentle way that God has already touched you. May God continue to bless you in ways that are pertinent to your life.

P.S. Welcome back to the fold.

View ropegg's Feedback (+424)
    All-About ropegg
    View ropegg's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by burgyeb View Post
    Oh Sumer, I do consider this a miracle. In my post# 40, my opening comment was that a changed life is the greatest evidence of God's existence. A changed life is a miracle gift from God. What I have always loved about the Lord, is that he meets us where we are.

I have always known that you are/were a Pagan, and I have always respected the strength of your convictions. What is more important is that the Lord knows who you are, and he accepts you for who you are the moment you turn to him.

It is the work of the Holy Spirit to come along beside you, and to comfort and help you to walk in the path that the Lord has already preordained for you to walk. God wants you whole (healed), spiritually, physically, mentally, emotionally, socially, financially, and in every area of your life.

God has demonstrated his love and concern for you by lifting your depression, and giving you relief mentally. God is able to lift the pain away from your body that you have endured for so long. Would you allow us to place you on the prayer list for healing of your pain, and continuation of the process of making you whole. Request prayer specifically from your church for your fibromyalgia pain to be removed.

Somer, I have been literally trembling while writing this post, because of the powerful and gentle way that God has already touched you. May God continue to bless you in ways that are pertinent to your life.

P.S. Welcome back to the fold.
    Burgy, thanks again for keeping this thread going and I agree with every thing you have said about it. Sumer's post has blessed me more than anything has for a long time.

Sumer what a miracle and I will be praying for God to continue to bless you with growing faith and healing of your fibromyalgia plus protect you from the covid19.
    My stores:
    Ropegg
    Cups-Cups-Cups
    And Other Stuff
    Peggy A's Jewels

God Bless and have a great day!!!!

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

You are welcome Ropegg; good to see your post. Yes, I agree Sumer's post was a blessing; he continues in my thoughts and prayers daily. I trust that God is fully able to complete the good work he has begun in Sumer. My thoughts and prayers also continue with Maplegin.

Quote Originally Posted by burgyeb View Post
    also continue with Maplegin.
    Well Pam also watches/joins in the Sunday services, (she's a lapsed Methodist), and has a new NIV Bible. Also the Girlfriend who first "dragged" me to Church all those years ago is back in contact with some of the people at the Church after years of no contact (sort of) via me.

Thread Information