Thread: What A Mighty God we Serve!

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: What A Mighty God we Serve!

PRAYER REQUESTS/ UPDATES/ PRAISE REPORTS

A PRAISE

Praise God for giving us his greatest gift, Jesus Christ!

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. (John 3:16 NIV)

A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another. (John 13:34-35 NIV)

My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you. Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends. You are my friends if you do what I command. (John 15:12-14 NIV)

This is my command: Love each other. (John 15:17)

2019 PRAYERS

Burgyeb - (1/4/2019) Praying for those impacted by the events of 2018, and that they will be comforted & restored throughout 2019. (see post #1704)

Burgyeb - (6/12/2019) Continuing to hold the Midwest USA, and other areas of the USA, the Caribbean Islands, and other Nations impacted by natural disasters during 2018 and 2019 in prayer.

2019 PRAISE REPORTS

2019 UPDATES

FOR EARLIER UPDATE HISTORY SEE POST #760 & POST #982 (LAST 2010 LIST UPDATE)
    SEE POST # 1039 FOR THREAD 2010 SUMMARY REPORT & POST #1043 FOR 1st PRAYER LIST 2011
    POST# 1281 FOR LAST PRAYER LIST FOR 2011 & POST# 1288 FOR 2011 SUMMARY REPORT
    SEE POST # 1447 FOR LAST PRAYER LIST FOR 2012 & POST # 1486 FOR 2012 SUMMARY REPORT
    SEE POST # 1504 FOR LAST PRAYER LIST FOR 2013
    SEE POST # 1541 FOR LAST PRAYER LIST FOR 2014
    SEE POST # 1546 FOR LAST PRAYER LIST FOR 2015/16
    SEE POSTS #1591 & #1621 FOR LAST PRAYER LISTS FOR 2017 & POST #1623 FOR 2017 SUMMARY REPORT
    SEE POST #1691 FOR LAST PRAYER LIST FOR 2O18 & POST #1704 FOR 2O18 SUMMARY REPORT

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hope that everyone had a blessed and peaceful Christmas!

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

SUMMARY REPORT FOR "WHAT A MIGHTY GOD WE SERVE" THREAD JAN. 1, 2019 - DECEMBER 31, 2019

Praise God for bringing us through yet another year.

This is the sixth (6th) summary report for the "What A Mighty God We Serve" Thread.

The year 2019 seemed to be a year of restoration, a year of quiet but dynamic change. The natural disasters and man-made tradgedies that occurred throughout 2018, left many wondering what 2019 would hold. The year showed many instances of the resiliency of people to respond in the face of tragedy with strength, compassion, and faithful resolve to build their lives again.

It also revealed an awareness that full functional recovery of the impacted areas will take years, and that commitment to the process of recovery is vital.

My prayer for the individuals, families, and communities impacted by the events of 2018 and 2019 is that they will be comforted and restored now and throughout 2020 and beyond.

In summary, this Summary Report for 2019, that covers a period of January 1, 2019 through December 31, 2019 continued to be a year of hope, deliverance, and peace in the Lord.

As we enter 2020, In the coming new year..............."The LORD bless thee, and keep thee: The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee: The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace." Numbers 6:24-26 KJV

PRAISE THE LORD

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

PRAYER REQUESTS/ UPDATES/ PRAISE REPORTS

A PRAISE

Praise God for giving us his greatest gift, Jesus Christ!

For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. Of the increase of his government and peace there will be no end. He will reign on David's throne and over his kingdom, establishing and upholding it with justice and righteousness from that time on and forever. The zeal of the LORD Almighty will accomplish this. [Isaiah 9:6-7 NIV]

2020 PRAYERS

3/28/2020 Ropegg - Praying for USA and the World concerning covid 19.

3/29/2020 Burgyeb - Continuing to pray for USA and Nations impacted by disasters during 2018 - 2019, who are still in recovery mode. Also praying for USA and the World concerning covid 19.

2020 PRAISE REPORTS

2020 UPDATES

FOR EARLIER UPDATE HISTORY SEE POST #760 & POST #982 (LAST 2010 LIST UPDATE)
    SEE POST # 1039 FOR THREAD 2010 SUMMARY REPORT & POST #1043 FOR 1st PRAYER LIST 2011
    POST# 1281 FOR LAST PRAYER LIST FOR 2011 & POST# 1288 FOR 2011 SUMMARY REPORT
    SEE POST # 1447 FOR LAST PRAYER LIST FOR 2012 & POST # 1486 FOR 2012 SUMMARY REPORT
    SEE POST # 1504 FOR LAST PRAYER LIST FOR 2013
    SEE POST # 1541 FOR LAST PRAYER LIST FOR 2014
    SEE POST # 1546 FOR LAST PRAYER LIST FOR 2015/16
    SEE POSTS #1591 & #1621 FOR LAST PRAYER LISTS FOR 2017 & POST #1623 FOR 2017 SUMMARY REPORT
    SEE POST #1691 FOR LAST PRAYER LIST FOR 2O18 & POST #1704 FOR 2O18 SUMMARY REPORT
    SEE POST # 1721 FOR LAST PRAYER LIST FOR 2019 & POST # 1723 FOR 2019 SUMMARY REPORT

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

About Praise and Miracles

A psalm of praise from David (Psalm 145) is an example of a grand praise of the Lord, the great King, for his mighty works, his benevolent character, and his just rule and kingship.

It is good to praise the Lord. Praise ushers one into the presence of the Lord. The Psalm Director Jeduthun of Asaph sang of remembering the LORD's deeds, works, and miracles (Psalm 77:11-15) "You are the God who performs miracles; you display your power among the peoples" (Psalm 77:14 NIV)

Throughout this thread are a multitude of praises to God for his miracle working power, and I would love to bring some of them to remembrance.

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

The thread was started with praise on page 1 by the OP Sophia (see posts 1 & 2); and Youmeus shared the first testimony of God's miraculous healing power (see page 1, post 10 below).

Quote Originally Posted by youmeus View Post
    It sounds like this is a praise thread and I would like to add my Praise The Lord!

I have had constant low back pain for quite some time--could only go upstairs with right foot then dragging left.

About 2 weeks ago I started to roll over in bed, back popped real loud, hurt terrible! My first thought was "I'll never be able to get up or walk" but when I got up there was no more pain and there has been none since!

It had to be God, doctors gave no hope and I was sound asleep so know it wasn't me!

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by burgyeb View Post
    I had an unusual blessing today! I was doing my devotional Bible study, I read Luke 9:1 in the NIV Study Bible........."When Jesus had called the Twelve together...." I wrote: "Jesus called." I stopped writing and went looking for the chapter and verse where he had sent out the 72 disciples (Luke 10:1). Before I could turn back to Luke 9:1 my telephone rang. It was my "head hunter", and she informed me I had received an offer on a job I had interviewed for. So I was on cloud nine. After I finished my devotional study, I came into eBid, and I had sold 9 coins and 8 were paid for, and 4 more that had bids. This did not include the YDC auctions that had bids (5). I was feeling somewhat over whelmed in a good way. I found out later in the day that I had received a higher salary offer than what I said I wanted. All I can say is praise the Lord! I feel like this can't be true, but I know that God can turn a situation around 360 degrees. Praise the Lord!
    I haven't forgotten to share about some of the notable miracles posted about in this thread. But I have been thinking about my post quoted above "unusual blessings" (from page 15, post #49) and thought of the many levels of blessings that come from God. I have often thought that miracles are often done for the benefit of non-believers, because a believer does not need a miracle to fully trust in the awesome power of God.

A believer walks in a state of being blessed, in good times as well as bad times. Thought about that song "count your blessings...name them one by one..." But sometimes God just seems to know that they need an "unusual blessing" or encouragement.

God is worthy to be praised not only for the many good things he does, but for who he is. Thank God for being a good, and mighty, and awesome God. He cares about our pain, our sicknesses, our mental anguish, our finances, our family issues, and he is able to meet us at our point of need.

View ropegg's Feedback (+424)
    All-About ropegg
    View ropegg's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by burgyeb View Post
    Originally Posted by ropegg
    I thought you might like to hear a 7 year old boy that goes to church where I go singing God Bless the USA.

http://youtu.be/hd-hsiqixHM

God bless you all.

Thank you again for posting this Ropegg; the song mentions both Texas and Houston specifically.

Was also blessed by two articles/videos last night. The first showing President Donald Trump's visit to a Houston shelter. The scene was full of love, hope, vibrancy, and excitement in the midst of the storm.

The second was an article on Texas style do it yourself rescue effort. The article demonstrated the strength, creativity, and self-reliance of the Texans. The people did not wait for assistance to come to them, they marshalled a strong community response. The traditional first responders and rescue organizations were unable to reach them initially. God has truely blessed them with strength and a strong sense of community.

Today, September 3, 2017 has been declared a National Day of Prayer. Please pray for our nation, our leaders, for Texas, and Louisiana.
    Hi Burgyeb, I pray you are doing well and being able to stay away from the covid-19 virus. With the work you do I know you are possibly in great danger of contracting it and I have ask God to special be with you. I would like to bump this post and I am asking God to not only bless and help the USA but to BLESS and HELP the WORLD.

May God's love flow through me to you and others.
    My stores:
    Ropegg
    Cups-Cups-Cups
    And Other Stuff
    Peggy A's Jewels

God Bless and have a great day!!!!

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi Ropegg, I am doing fine, thank you for asking. Taking the recommended precautions to avoid exposure to SARS-Co-V 2 (virus that causes covid-19). Joining my prayers with yours for our nation and the world.

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

I continue to hold in my thoughts and prayers those on the front lines of service, who face the challenges of covid 19. This would include healthcare workers, police, firefighters, emergency responders, to name a few. May they be provided with the tools to protect themselves, as they provide essential services to others.

Thread Information