eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: What A Mighty God we Serve!

View sucadot's Feedback (+845)
    All-About sucadot
    View sucadot's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: What A Mighty God we Serve!

Quote Originally Posted by HerMajesty View Post
    Well, probably everything in the universe is alien, as we all came from somewhere else.

I enjoy this thread in a similar way as I enjoyed Sister Wendy's art observations. Learning about people's points of view in a reasoned manner …. beats some of the conversations I have with our rooster, Russel Crow.

The Many Worlds Theory helps me understand him. And I don't know where he came from, either.

I hadn't heard of The Many Worlds Theory, just had an interesting google of it.
    [SIGPIC]
    view my listings here

Quote Originally Posted by sucadot View Post
    I hadn't heard of The Many Worlds Theory, just had an interesting google of it.
    In another universe I'm making my fortune on eBid !

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

It is good to see that eBid and eBidders are so tolerant of religious world views. Freedom of religion is one of the key elements that lead to the founding of the United States of America.

I do not subscribe to the religions or theories of atheism, agnosticism, paganism, gnostic views, etc, but I have never attacked those views on eBid or elsewhere. Each to his own.

To any who find a Christian world view offensive, would recommend you start a thread in support of your own world view.

This thread is located in a forum for spiritual issues, and Christianity is a spiritual matter.

Perhaps a new religion should be coined: "rudeness and intolerance for variations in world views. It would probably be a major draw and builder of eBid membership.

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

SUMMARY REPORT FOR "WHAT A MIGHTY GOD WE SERVE" THREAD JAN. 1, 2018 - DECEMBER 31, 2018

Praise God for bringing us through the tumultuous events of 2018. The natural disasters and tragedies of 2018 seemed to reflect the latter portion of 2017.

This is the fifth (5th) summary report for the "What A Mighty God We Serve" Thread.

The 1st Summary Report through the 4th Summary Report are at post# 1623.

The year 2018 was marked by a sense of devastation, tradgedy, and loss. There were many natural disasters, and man-made tragedies throughout the year. Also we lost a general in the Lord, Billy Graham. However, our loss is his gain, as he is resting peacefully in the Lord.

My prayer for the individuals, families, and communities impacted by the events of 2018, is that they will be comforted and restored now and throughout 2019.

In the midst of the loss, hardship, and devastation of 2018, there were rays of hope and deliverance. The rescue of the Thai boys and their coach was viewed as a miracle by the boys and many others. In a recent follow-up story, the boys and their coach are prospering as a strong team. They are still verbalizing that their rescue was a miracle.

In summary, this Summary Report for 2018, that covers a period of January 1, 2018 through December 31, 2018 revealed a tumultuous year, but also a year of hope, deliverance, and peace in the Lord.

As we enter 2019,
    In the coming new year..............."The LORD bless thee, and keep thee: The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee: The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace." Numbers 6:24-26 KJV

PRAISE THE LORD

Haverfordwest, Pembrokeshire, United Kingdom
    View olivia8143's Feedback (+1394)
    All-About olivia8143
    View olivia8143's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by burgyeb View Post
    It is good to see that eBid and eBidders are so tolerant of religious world views. Freedom of religion is one of the key elements that lead to the founding of the United States of America.

I do not subscribe to the religions or theories of atheism, agnosticism, paganism, gnostic views, etc, but I have never attacked those views on eBid or elsewhere. Each to his own.

To any who find a Christian world view offensive, would recommend you start a thread in support of your own world view.

This thread is located in a forum for spiritual & Metaphysical issues, and Christianity is a spiritual matter.

Perhaps a new religion should be coined: "rudeness and intolerance for variations in world views. It would probably be a major draw and builder of eBid membership.
    Oh dear it looks like burgy doesn't like people of other beliefs enjoying a joke on "his" thread. Personally, I found the "Red Dwarf" joke funny - thanks Astral

View madelaine's Feedback (+5872)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by olivia8143 View Post
    Oh dear it looks like burgy doesn't like people of other beliefs enjoying a joke on "his" thread. Personally, I found the "Red Dwarf" joke funny - thanks Astral
    There is a time and place for everything... this is not the place for jokes about religion. To post them here is just bad manners.

That this sort of thing is regarded as OK.. turn it round. Can I say that Maelbridga's beliefs are simply made-up bunk without being criticised?

This confirms something which has been becoming firmer in my mind. This is my last post on the eBid forums.
    Last edited by madelaine; 3rd January 2019 at 08:12 AM.
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by burgyeb View Post
    Why is Love So Important?

Love is the key that gains us entry into the things of God. God is love. (see 1 John 4:7-8, 16) The very essence of God is love. His love is unconditional, and is based on good will towards mankind. God wants us to walk in love with him (salvation); and to walk in love with each other, because love never fails. God wants the best for us, and his best is found in love (1 Corinthians 13:13). In order to receive God's best, we must walk in love. "And this is love: that we walk in obedience to his commands. As you have heard from the beginning, his command is that you walk in love." (2 John:6 NIV) Walking in love includes honoring God through obedience; forgiving others as God forgives us (Ephesians 4:32; Colossians 3:13); and walking in the fruit of the Spirit, which is love. (see 1 Corinthians 13; Galatians 5:22-23; Colossians 3:14) Ultimately, love is the governing principle that influences everything God is and does. Therefore, love must control all that the followers of God are and do.

The fruit of the Spirit is expressed as singular, and is described in Galatians 5:22-23 as follows:
    "But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self control."

Love is defined in 1 Corinthians 13 [NIV], and contains the following components:
    "Love is patient" 13:4 [patience]
    "Love is kind" 13:4 [kindness]
    "Love does not envy" 13:4 [goodness]
    "Love does not boast" 13:4 [gentleness]
    "Love is not proud" 13:4 [gentleness]
    "Love is not rude" 13:5 [goodness/gentleness]
    "Love is not self-seeking" 13:5 [goodness/gentleness]
    "Love is not easily angered" 13:5 [peace]
    "Love keeps no record of wrongs" 13:5 [goodness]
    "Love does not delight in evil" 13:6 [goodness]
    "Love rejoices in the truth" 13:6 [joy]
    "Love always protects" 13:7 [faithfulness]
    "Love always trusts" 13:7 [faithfulness]
    "Love always hopes" 13:7 [faithfulness]
    "Love always perseveres" 13:7 [self control]
    "Love never fails" 13:8

There are three things that will remain when other things pass away, according to the Word of God.........."faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love." (1 Corinthians 13:13 NIV)

Therefore,............clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues put on love which binds them all together in perfect unity. Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. (Colossians 3:12-15)

I am going to forgive you Olivia as you are lost and need to be found. The religion you serve, does not have the power to produce love in your life. If it did, you would not have time to post such rudeness and offensive posts.

Maddy, I am sorry to hear you say that, but as always I respect your decision, because I know you did not come to your decision without much thought and consideration. Please continue to come into this thread, as your presence is needed.

Laurencekirk, Aberdeenshire, United Kingdom
    View Maelbrigda's Feedback (+2605)
    All-About Maelbrigda
    View Maelbrigda's Listings
    Forum Posts

I didnt post about my beliefs i posted a joke (whether it was in good or bad taste is a different matter)
    Simply Handmade all my handmade items
    Maelbrigda's Bits and Pieces For Clothing and Jewellery, Ornaments, Odds & Ends & Much More
    Craft Store Crafty bits & pieces. Patterns, Card, Yarn, Stamps and more
    Books, Blu Rays, DVD's, CD's and Vinyl Records
    https://www.ebid.net/uk/stores/The-Pagan-Tree

Please have a look. I combine postage wherever possible.

Haverfordwest, Pembrokeshire, United Kingdom
    View olivia8143's Feedback (+1394)
    All-About olivia8143
    View olivia8143's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Maelbrigda View Post
    I didnt post about my beliefs i posted a joke (whether it was in good or bad taste is a different matter)
    Exactly, if anyone was being rude it was burgy for recommending that "I do not subscribe to the religions or theories of atheism, agnosticism, paganism, gnostic views, etc .............would recommend you start a thread in support of your own world view."

Thread Information