eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: What A Mighty God we Serve!

Forum Master
    View poppa501's Feedback (+642)
    All-About poppa501
    View poppa501's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: What A Mighty God we Serve!

Hoping all you wonderful people on this thread have a glorious, prosperous, and happy new year.
    May God bless and watch over you all.

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thank you Poppa...........things have been going ok so far this year.........hoping for more sales on eBid. God's blessings are appreciated in many areas and many ways. Hope this year is going well for you and others so far. I also hope for God's blessings to continue for us all throughout this year and beyond.

Forum Master
    View sofiag1964's Feedback (+456)
    All-About sofiag1964
    View sofiag1964's Listings
    Forum Posts

hi guys! It's great to come back after so long. How are you doing?

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sofiag1964 View Post
    hi guys! It's great to come back after so long. How are you doing?
    Hey there Sofiag............what it be! Great to see you. I doing fine thank you. How about you? What have you been up to; are you still doing your High Street Business?

Forum Master
    All-About sofiag1964
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by burgyeb View Post
    Hey there Sofiag............what it be! Great to see you. I doing fine thank you. How about you? What have you been up to; are you still doing your High Street Business?
    aww glad to hear you're ok... a lot has happened; all good... not doing business for a while; need help to run it; in the meantime; I got myself sorted out, moved to a bungalow; finally!!! I was living in a flat and had to deal with stairs; not good... God's grace kept me through all changes. My son is now working, finally bless him.... I'm now engaged to be married to my ex-husband!! lol... so those are the highlights

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sofiag1964 View Post
    aww glad to hear you're ok... a lot has happened; all good... not doing business for a while; need help to run it; in the meantime; I got myself sorted out, moved to a bungalow; finally!!! I was living in a flat and had to deal with stairs; not good... God's grace kept me through all changes. My son is now working, finally bless him.... I'm now engaged to be married to my ex-husband!! lol... so those are the highlights
    Well PTL to all of that..........God is very faithful!

Forum Master
    All-About sofiag1964
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by burgyeb View Post
    Well PTL to all of that..........God is very faithful!
    yes He is!! Amen!!

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

PRAYER REQUESTS/ UPDATES/ PRAISE REPORTS

A PRAISE

I saw the LORD seated on a throne, high and exalted, and the train of his robe filled the temple. Above him were seraphs......and they were calling to one another: "Holy, holy, holy is the LORD Almighty; the whole earth is full of his glory." [Isaiah 6:1-3 NIV]

Give unto the LORD, O ye mighty, give unto the LORD glory and strength. Give unto the LORD the glory due unto his name; worship the LORD in the beauty of holiness. (Psalms 29:1-2 KJV)

Give unto the LORD, O ye kindreds of the people, give unto the LORD glory and strength. Give unto the LORD the glory due unto his name: bring an offering, and come into his courts. O worship the LORD in the beauty of holiness: fear before him, all the earth. (Psalms 96:7-9 KJV)

Give unto the LORD the glory due unto his name: bring an offering, and come before him: worship the LORD in the beauty of holiness. Fear before him, all the earth: the world also shall be stable, that it be not moved. (I Chronicles 16:29-30 KJV)

FOR EARLIER UPDATE HISTORY SEE POST #760 & POST #982 (LAST 2010 LIST UPDATE)

SEE POST # 1039 FOR THREAD 2010 SUMMARY REPORT & POST #1043 FOR 1st PRAYER LIST 2011
    POST# 1281 FOR LAST PRAYER LIST FOR 2011 & POST# 1288 FOR 2011 SUMMARY REPORT
    SEE POST # 1447 FOR LAST PRAYER LIST FOR 2012 & POST # 1486 FOR 2012 SUMMARY REPORT
    SEE POST # 1504 FOR LAST PRAYER LIST FOR 2013

Quote Originally Posted by victorfrank View Post
    Many people seem perfectly willing to agree that evolution took place over millions and millions of years, but are unable (as yet) to understand that God could have existed from the dawn of time and started the whole process which we now see as scientific evolution.
    Nearly, but not quite...God as Creator must exist outside time (part of Creation). I do wish they'd stop speaking of evolution from a monkey though...shows they never ever read the Theory of Evolution! All they read is what some creationist thinks it says....then they tell us this is what evolutionists say! Oh dear...

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

The concept of time is expansive, even if looked at as just a noun. In Webster's New Twentieth Century Dictionary, Unabridged, Second Edition, time as a noun had 29 broad definitions, and an additional 40 fine differential meanings of time as a noun.

Several of the broad definitions of time as a noun included the following:

1) the period between two events or during which something exists, happens, or acts........
    2) ..... period during which something is done.........
    3) the point at which something has happened, is happening, or will happen........

4 a) the entire period of existence of the known universe; finite duration, as distinguished from infinity.........
    4 b) the entire period of existence of the world or of humanity.........
    4 c) earthly duration, as distinguished from eternity​..............

The Bible in Genesis 1:1 states........"In the beginning God created.........." In is used as a function word to indicate inclusion, location, or position within limits" as defined by Meriam Webster's Collegiate Dictionary, Tenth Edition. This approximates in to the concept of during, which Meriam defines as "a point in the course of".

Genesis 1:14 references the creation of time, that is included among the 29 broad definitions noted for time in Webster's. In John 1:1 it states......."In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning". The beginning was a certain point during which certain events occurred. The events known as the creation of the known universe, world, humanity (defined within the broad categories of time); but differentiated from eternity.

Psalm 90:2 points to everything else as having a beginning, but to God as eternal (from everlasting to everlasting).
    "Before the mountains were born or you brought forth the earth and the world, from everlasting to everlasting you are God"

"God as Creator does exist outside time (part of creation)."

Thread Information