Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: What A Mighty God we Serve!

View RatDog's Feedback (+191)
    All-About RatDog
    View RatDog's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: What A Mighty God we Serve!

Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath: For the wrath of man worketh not the righteousness of God.

Wherefore lay apart all filthiness and superfluity of naughtiness, and receive with meekness the engrafted word, which is able to save your souls.

James 1:19-21

All-About RatDog
    View RatDog's Listings
    Forum Posts

And walk in love, as Christ also hath loved us, and hath given himself for us an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweetsmelling savour. But fornication, and all uncleanness, or covetousness, let it not be once named among you, as becometh saints; Neither filthiness, nor foolish talking, nor jesting, which are not convenient: but rather giving of thanks.

Ephesians 5:2-4

All-About RatDog
    View RatDog's Listings
    Forum Posts

The Preacher's Wife

Our preacher is a man of God,
    He truly loves the Lord;
    He gives the greatest sermons,
    His congregation's never bored.

He quotes the scriptures without looking,
    He shares the Good Book without end;
    He knows each member of the church,
    And calls each one his friend.

He constantly is working,
    Both at the church and in his home;
    He is very dedicated,
    And spends much time with Christ alone.

He spends hours on his sermons,
    Which are truly God inspired;
    He works almost around the clock,
    And is often worn and tired.

While we give him due respect and love,
    His wife is often missed;
    Though a sweet and caring, loving soul,
    She's not always on our list.

Oh what a shame ... we lose so much,
    For this woman's full of love;
    And when our preacher married her,
    Was he not directed from above?

She knows her Bible just as well,
    And with such gentleness,
    Has that woman's quality of warmth,
    That a man oft doesn't possess.

She can embrace, and soothe, and hold,
    Can even offer kisses;
    Sometimes this kind of love's required,
    And a man can't always do this.

While our preacher is God's shepherd,
    His wife excels in little lambs;
    We need her just as much as him,
    All this is per God's plan.

She stands behind her husband,
    Like a shadow, ever there;
    Like fresh air, always needed,
    Of which no one is aware.

She will put her arms around him,
    When he is down and blue;
    Why comfort him, this man of God?
    Because he's human, too.

She performs her mundane duties,
    Like pressing clothes and washing shirts;
    Because she is so eager,
    To have him look just right at church.

When services are over,
    And he is waiting by the door;
    We shake his hand and thank him,
    Sometimes she's smilingly ignored.

She never seeks attention,
    But is content to aid and serve;
    With a quiet consecration,
    She holds her talents in reserve.

So, all you members of the church,
    What I am trying hard to tell ...
    That when God chose this preacher's wife,
    'Twas for the rest of us, as well.

Show that you appreciate her,
    At the church door, shake her hand;
    Hug her around her shoulders,
    And behind her, take your stand.

- Author Unknown

View HerMajesty's Feedback (+1863)
    All-About HerMajesty
    View HerMajesty's Listings
    Forum Posts

Interesting observation in that poem...and often very true.
    Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

Slide Inn for Vintage 35mm photographic slides
    https://uk.ebid.net/stores/Slide-Inn

ALSO!! Click below to see my store, THE BEE'S KNEES!
    https://the-bees-knees.ebid.net

All-About RatDog
    View RatDog's Listings
    Forum Posts

As far as the east is from the west, so far hath he removed our transgressions from us.

Psalm 103:12

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

PRAYER REQUESTS/ UPDATES/ PRAISE REPORTS

Burgyeb - (1/1) Praising God for a new year and for His faithfulness in answering my prayer request for 2011. I asked God to help me to be focused on Him and He heard my prayer. The LORD helped me to get back on track with my personal Bible studies and devotions. The LORD blessed me on the last day of 2011 with a special rhema word from His Word. Looking forward to an exciting walk with the LORD in 2012 through His Word.

Suesjools - (1/09) Thanking God for healing her mother. PTL!

HerMajesty - (1/16 Update Prayer Request)
    HerMajesty is requesting continued prayers for a miracle healing from God for her cousin Nancy. She has been receiving treatment for lung cancer approximately 2 years and her illness is progressing. See prayer request on post# 1281. Please continue to pray for Nancy.

Dardonboi - (1/16) Praising God for providing requested strength for her & her husband, as they coordinated the Salvation Army Red Kettle Program in their community. They exceeded fundraising efforts from prior year by 30% and their own goal by 10%. Praise be to God!

Ropegg
    - (2/17) "Please pray as Burgyeb has requested" : "My (Burgyeb's Prayer Request) I am seeking God's favor with eBid Support in the restoration of the thread on 'Revelation'. Also in the restoration of my other post and my posting priveledges on eBid......in the Name of Jesus Christ. Amen."

Ropegg - (2/17) "Father I ask that you hear Burgyeb's prayer and the others that join in on this matter."
    PRAISE: (2/20) Burgyeb praises God for hearing her prayers. Thank you Ropegg for interceding in prayer.

Ropegg
    - (2/19) "Dear Jesus please intercede with your Father concerning the Revelations thread............I am praying for it to be reinstated."

Burgyeb
    - (2/20) Praise God and thank you to eBid Support for the restoration of my posting priveledges. Thank you Peggy for speaking for me when I was unable to speak for myself. Thank you to all who were concerned, prayed, or made comments concerning the Revelation Thread. Please continue to pray that the Revelation Thread will be restored in particular and my posts throughout the forums. Praise the LORD!

Burgyeb - (3/3) Continuing to pray for the victims and their loved one in the mid-western and southern states impacted by the devastating tornados. Lord strengthen the heavily impacted communities in Kentucky and Indiana (Henryville) who sufferred loss of life and much destruction of property. Lord also strengthen those impacted by the tornados in Ohio, Alabama, Georgia, and Florida. Lord please protect and shield these communities from the additional storms and freezing cold weather that is expected to hit their communities. Bless the emergency response teams and others who are coming to the aid of these communities.

FOR EARLIER UPDATE HISTORY SEE POST #760 & POST #982 (LAST 2010 LIST UPDATE)
    SEE POST # 1039 FOR THREAD 2010 SUMMARY REPORT & POST #1043 FOR 1st PRAYER LIST 2011
    POST# 1281 FOR LAST PRAYER LIST FOR 2011 & POST# 1288 FOR 2011 SUMMARY REPORT

View HerMajesty's Feedback (+1863)
    All-About HerMajesty
    View HerMajesty's Listings
    Forum Posts

Amen!
    Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

Slide Inn for Vintage 35mm photographic slides
    https://uk.ebid.net/stores/Slide-Inn

ALSO!! Click below to see my store, THE BEE'S KNEES!
    https://the-bees-knees.ebid.net

All-About RatDog
    View RatDog's Listings
    Forum Posts

And when the chief Shepherd shall appear, ye shall receive a crown of glory that fadeth not away. Likewise, ye younger, submit yourselves unto the elder. Yea, all of you be subject one to another, and be clothed with humility: for God resisteth the proud, and giveth grace to the humble. Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time: Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.

1 Peter 5:4-7

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Burgyeb - (1/1) Praising God for a new year and for His faithfulness in answering my prayer request for 2011. I asked God to help me to be focused on Him and He heard my prayer. The LORD helped me to get back on track with my personal Bible studies and devotions. The LORD blessed me on the last day of 2011 with a special rhema word from His Word. Looking forward to an exciting walk with the LORD in 2012 through His Word.

HerMajesty is requesting continued prayers for a miracle healing from God for her cousin Nancy. She has been receiving treatment for lung cancer approximately 2 years and her illness is progressing. See prayer request on post# 1281. Please continue to pray for Nancy.

Dardonboi - (1/16) Praising God for providing requested strength for her & her husband, as they coordinated the Salvation Army Red Kettle Program in their community. They exceeded fundraising efforts from prior year by 30% and their own goal by 10%. Praise be to God!

Ropegg
    - (2/17) "Please pray as Burgyeb has requested" : "My (Burgyeb's Prayer Request) I am seeking God's favor with eBid Support in the restoration of the thread on 'Revelation'. Also in the restoration of my other post and my posting priveledges on eBid......in the Name of Jesus Christ. Amen."

Ropegg - (2/17) "Father I ask that you hear Burgyeb's prayer and the others that join in on this matter."
    PRAISE: (2/20) Burgyeb praises God for hearing her prayers. Thank you Ropegg for interceding in prayer.

Ropegg
    - (2/19) "Dear Jesus please intercede with your Father concerning the Revelations thread............I am praying for it to be reinstated."

Burgyeb
    - (2/20) Praise God and thank you to eBid Support for the restoration of my posting priveledges. Thank you Peggy for speaking for me when I was unable to speak for myself. Thank you to all who were concerned, prayed, or made comments concerning the Revelation Thread. Please continue to pray that the Revelation Thread will be restored in particular and my posts throughout the forums. Praise the LORD!

Burgyeb - (3/3) Continuing to pray for the victims and their loved one in the mid-western and southern states impacted by the devastating tornados. Lord strengthen the heavily impacted communities in Kentucky and Indiana (Henryville) who sufferred loss of life and much destruction of property. Lord also strengthen those impacted by the tornados in Ohio, Alabama, Georgia, and Florida. Lord please protect and shield these communities from the additional storms and freezing cold weather that is expected to hit their communities. Bless the emergency response teams and others who are coming to the aid of these communities.

Burgyeb - (3/5) There have been reports of miraculous survivals of children in the tornado storms. First a toddler, a little girl was carried quite a distance from her home by a tornado and survived. Today they reported on a boy who was carried by a tornado several blocks from his home and survived. Also a mother reportedly lost her leg but was able to save her children. Praise the LORD for watching over these little ones.

SEE POST # 1039 FOR THREAD 2010 SUMMARY REPORT & POST #1043 FOR 1st PRAYER LIST 2011

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by burgyeb View Post

Ropegg

Ropegg

Burgyeb

Burgyeb - (3/5) There have been reports of miraculous survivals of children in the tornado storms. First a toddler, a little girl was carried quite a distance from her home by a tornado and survived. Today they reported on a boy who was carried by a tornado several blocks from his home and survived. Also a mother reportedly lost her leg but was able to save her children. Praise the LORD for watching over these little ones.

Prayers continue for the tornado victims, their families and communities. Special thought and prayers go out for the little one who passed away. The very fact that she survived being carried such a great distance by a twister is a testimony to the power of God. Now she is safely in the presence of the Almighty.

Thread Information