Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: What A Mighty God we Serve!

View ropegg's Feedback (+424)
    All-About ropegg
    View ropegg's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: What A Mighty God we Serve!

Burgy --- Hope you are not having to evacuate and I am praying for the safety of those of you in the storm.
    My stores:
    Ropegg
    Cups-Cups-Cups
    And Other Stuff
    Peggy A's Jewels

God Bless and have a great day!!!!

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by burgyeb View Post
    Hi All,

Thanks Luvintage, Sofia, and Ropegg for joining in with prayers. I believe in the power of prayers and I believe in miracles.

Thank you LORD for weakening the storm to a category 1 as it reached North Carolina. I pray that you would continue to weaken this storm as it travels up the East Coast. Protect the communities impacted by this storm. Shield lower Manhattan and NYC from storm damage. Protect the infra-structure of the City. Minimize personal injury and any loss of life related to this storm. I ask these things in the matchless Name of Jesus Christ. Thank you LORD for being a God who hears and answers prayers. Amen

Thank you Ropegg. I was safely hunkered down in New York. :-)

Thank you LORD for being a God who hears and answers prayers. Thank you that the storm was significantly weakened as it entered New York. Thank you for it's down-grading. Thank you for limiting the loss of human lives to 10 people across the entire East Coast. Please be with those families who lost loved one; 4 in North Carolina, 3 in Virginia, 1 in Florida, 1 in New Jersey, and 1 (?). Help those who have sufferred property damage and loss of power. Thank you LORD for your continual presence, protection, provision, and goodness. Amen.

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

PRAYER REQUESTS/ UPDATES/ PRAISE REPORTS

Youmeus - (1/1) Praying the New Year will be God focused - (1/13) Linda reports focusing on God's grace in her devotions & sharing about it with others

Burgyeb -(1/1) Praying the New Year will be God focused -(1/14) Ava reports focusing on God's Word in her daily devotions & striving to live it.

Luvintage- (1/2) Needs strength to act in wisdom for challenges being faced in her life

Charlene, neighbor of Youmeus - (1/13) Had recent mastectomy, awaiting tx decisions, & is a widow who farms.

Sofiag1964 (Sophia) - (1/17) Praise Report: "my sister is doing well & continue to improve since diagnosed with brain embolism; my niece Taya still improving & doesn't need oxygen tank as much due to the swine flu." Also praising God for blessing her with 6 months of free rent in her first shop.

Sofiag1964 (Sophia)- (1/17) Requesting prayer for her fibromyalgia condition that is putting a strain on her physical strength as she runs her business.

Hopeful2 (Sandy) - (1/17) Requesting continued prayers for her daughter Rene who has been struggling with cardiac problems. Rene is also homebound and is in need of prayers for the prosperity of her business of making & selling jewelry online. Rene's restoration to a state of wholeness in spirit, mind & body is the focus of prayer. [Jeremiah 33:3]

Youmeus - (1/23) Is requesting prayers due to a very difficult week for her & her loved one's. Oh's Uncle was admitted to a facility due to Alzheimers. Neighbor with cancer awaiting source & treatment information. Her brother had surgery on Thursday for removal of a portion of his colon. ADIL's father had an aneurism, & it reportedly looks bad.

Youmeus (Linda) had a doctor's appointment & was scheduled for a total hip replacement on Feb. 14th. Prayers for God's peace & strength needed to help Linda and her loved ones meet these difficult challenges. (3/8/2011) Linda reports on continuing to feel better since her successful hip surgery on Valentine's Day (2/14/11).

Update (1/27) Youmeus reported family of DIL made decision to take father off life support on 1/26/11 and he passed away 3 hours later. Continue to pray for the families peace and strength. Also neighbor, Frank will be starting a treatment plan for esophageal cancer. Continue prayers for him that the treatment plan will be effective and that he will be able to tolerate the treatments.

Youmeus - (1/30) Linda is thankful to God for providing traveling mercies for their family who attended DIL's father's funeral. She shared testimony of her DIL (Joy) concerning her father's passing (see 1/27 update above & post # 1076).

Youmeus - (3/8) Linda is thankful for the many prayers received for her hip surgery on 2/14/11; she is in self-directed rehab & recovering nicely. PTL! (4/10/11) Linda continues to receive good reports from her doctor on her hip surgery success. Praise The LORD!

Gramma1111 - (4/8) Pray for Jackie as she is dealing with illness in her family. Pray for Jackie's strength and family peace.

Rene' (Hopeful2's Daughter) - (4/8) Sandy has requested continued prayers for her daughter Rene' who has chronic cardiac problems. Please continue to stand on Jeremiah 33:3 for a wholeperson healing from the LORD. Nothing is too hard for God! PTL! (see 1/17/11 request above).

United States of America - (5/23/11) LORD we lift our Nation to you and ask that you would restore this Nation once again to be One Nation Under God Indivisible With Liberty and Justice For All. Let your blessing roll down like the waters. Still the ravages of natural disasters that are destroying our beautiful Nation. Bless our leaders at every level, make them mindful of your sovereignity and power, and obedient to your laws and commands. LORD heal our land and it's people. Thank you LORD for being a God who hears and answers prayer. Amen.

Will and Family in Joplin Missouri - (5/24/11) LORD we lift up Will & his family to you and ask that his location & status be determined; give Will's family peace during this devastating tragedy. LORD continue to minister to the needs of all the tornado devastated communities in Joplin Missouri, Minnesota, Oklahoma, Kansas, and other mid-western and central USA states. Continue to restore the devastated Southern States from tornado damage. LORD please heal our land. Thank you LORD for being a God who hears and answers prayer. Amen.

HerMajesty - (7/17/11) - Prayer request renewed for Nancy (cousin of HerMajesty) for a miraculous intervention from God, as she receives radiation therapy to her back for her lung cancer (non-smoker). LORD please touch Nancy and give her relief from her pain. Make the radiation therapy effective in destroying the cancer cells, and sparing the surrounding normal tissue. Bless Nancy and her young family with your peace. Thank you LORD for being with Nancy and her family during her 1&1/2 years of treatment. Thank you for being a God who cares about our troubles and pain. Amen.

Burgyeb - (7/22/11) - Prayers for Oslo, Norway terrorist attacks on the political center and the youth camp. Prayers for family & friends of the youth who were killed, injured, or terrorized by the attacks. Prayer that the responsible party(s) be captured & brought to justice. (Within Days of Attack) Perpetrator turned himself in to the law; processed for trial. (8/28/11) Continued prayers needed for all those affected by the trauma inflicted on the Nation of Norway.

Burgyeb - (8/8/11) - Prayers for the Nation of England for the mass rioting & unrest among the youth and the damage caused to many properties and businesses.
    (8/28/11) Continued prayers for all citizens of England who were negatively impacted by the rioting. Praying that the Nation will be strengthened as they go about pulling their Nation together again.

Burgyeb - (8/26/11) - Prayers for the East Coast of the United States of America that Hurricaine Irene be weakened as it travels up the East Coast.

(Quote From Post 1190 on 8/27/11 - PRAISE)

Thank you LORD for weakening the storm to a category 1 as it reached North Carolina. I pray that you would continue to weaken this storm as it travels up the East Coast. Protect the communities impacted by this storm. Shield lower Manhattan and NYC from storm damage. Protect the infra-structure of the City. Minimize personal injury and any loss of life related to this storm. I ask these things in the matchless Name of Jesus Christ. Thank you LORD for being a God who hears and answers prayers. Amen

(Quote From Post 1192 on 8/28/11 - PRAISE)
    Thank you LORD for being a God who hears and answers prayers. Thank you that the storm was significantly weakened as it entered New York. Thank you for it's down-grading. Thank you for limiting the loss of human lives to 10 people across the entire East Coast. Please be with those families who lost loved one; 4 in North Carolina, 3 in Virginia, 1 in Florida, 1 in New Jersey, and 1 (?). Help those who have sufferred property damage and loss of power. Thank you LORD for your continual presence, protection, provision, and goodness. Amen.

(UPDATE 8/28/11) Total of 14 lives reported lost. Pray for all families & friends affected by the loss of loved ones.

(UPDATE 8/29/11) Total of 35 lives reported lost in ten States. Connecticut (2), Florida (2), Maryland (1), Massachusetts (1), New Jersey (6), New York (6), North Carolina (6), Pennsylvania (5), Vermont (2), & Virginia (4)

(UPDATE 8/30/11) Total of 41 lives reported lost in 12 States. Please continue to pray for all impacted by storm

FOR EARLIER UPDATE HISTORY SEE POST #760 & POST #982 (LAST 2010 LIST UPDATE)
    SEE POST # 1039 FOR THREAD 2010 SUMMARY REPORT & POST #1043 FOR 1st PRAYER LIST 2011

Updating the prayer list and praise reports.

Continually giving praises to an awesome God, who is worthy to be praised! Hurricaine Irene was expected to result in unthinkable damage and loss of life. Thank God this storm was weakened. Amen.

Please continue to pray for the families who have lost loved ones to this storm. Pray also that those impacted by this storm will recover from damages to property, loss of personal & community property, and that their power & other resources will be restored as soon as possible.

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Current devotional Bible study in the Book of Isaiah. What an awesome prophet to the Nations of the World!

View madelaine's Feedback (+5873)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

I've just found this thread. I am ashamed that I was not part of it before. I will be praying for the requests in the post from 28th.
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi Madelaine and welcome to this thread. Thank you for joining us in prayer. Also any devotional comments, etc are most welcome. ~Burgy~

View ropegg's Feedback (+424)
    All-About ropegg
    View ropegg's Listings
    Forum Posts

This is an email I thought someone might enjoy -----

Senior version of Jesus Loves Me

92 YEAR OLD PREACHER

While watching a little TV on Sunday instead of going to church, I watched a church in Atlanta honoring one of its senior pastors who had been retired many years. He was 92 at that time and I wondered why the church even bothered to ask the old gentleman to preach at that age. After a warm welcome, introduction of this speaker, and as the applause quieted down, he rose from his high back chair and walked slowly, with great effort and a sliding gait to the podium. Without a note or written paper of any kind he placed both hands on the pulpit to steady himself and then quietly and slowly he began to speak....

"When I was asked to come here today and talk to you, your pastor asked me to tell you what was the greatest lesson ever learned in my 50-odd years of preaching. I thought about it for a few days and boiled it down to just one thing that made the most difference in my life and sustained me through all my trials.. The one thing that I could always rely on when tears and heartbreak and pain and fear and sorrow paralyzed me...
    The only thing that would comfort was this verse..............

"Jesus loves me this I know.
    For the Bible tells me so.
    Little ones to Him belong,
    We are weak but He is strong.....
    Yes, Jesus loves me....
    The Bible tells me so."

The old pastor stated, "I always noticed that it was the adults who chose the children's hymn 'Jesus Loves Me' (for the children of course) during a hymn sing, and it was the adults who sang the loudest because I could see they knew it the best."

"Here for you now is a Senior version of Jesus Loves Me":

JESUS LOVES ME

Jesus loves me, this I know,
    Though my hair is white as snow
    Though my sight is growing dim,
    Still He bids me trust in Him.
    (CHORUS)
    YES, JESUS LOVES ME.. YES, JESUS LOVES ME..
    YES, JESUS LOVES ME, FOR THE BIBLE TELLS ME SO.

Though my steps are oh, so slow,
    With my hand in His I'll go
    On through life, let come what may,
    He'll be there to lead the way.
    (CHORUS)

When the nights are dark and long,
    In my heart He puts a song..
    Telling me in words so clear,
    "Have no fear, for I am near."
    (CHORUS)

When my work on earth is done,
    And life's victories have been won.
    He will take me home above,
    Then I'll understand His love.
    (CHORUS)

I love Jesus, does He know?
    Have I ever told Him so?
    Jesus loves to hear me say,
    That I love Him every day.
    (CHORUS)
    My stores:
    Ropegg
    Cups-Cups-Cups
    And Other Stuff
    Peggy A's Jewels

God Bless and have a great day!!!!

View youmeus's Feedback (+203)
    All-About youmeus
    View youmeus's Listings
    Forum Posts

Those are great thoughts on Jesus Loves Me. The original was sung at my SIL funeral as requested by her children and I think that was more moving than anything the minister said. At least I still remember that and not who he was or what he said.

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thank you for sharing the "Senior Version of 'Yes Jesus Loves Me' email Ropegg. There are two populations that are similar yet so far away, a babe and an elderly person. Both have needs that are similar. I saw a passage of scripture, I think in the Book of Isaiah, that said something like.........." I knew you before you were formed in the womb...........and carried you even in your old age."

"The glory of young men is their strength: and the beauty of old men is the grey head. (Proverb 20:29 KJV)

"Gray hair is a crown of glory; it is gained by living a godly life." (Proverb 16:31 New Living Translation - NLT)

"Children's children are the crown of old men; and the glory of children are their fathers" (Proverb 17:6 KJV)

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Did my Master's Thesis on "Commitment and Family Wholeness............." It was a descriptive correlation field study. The strongest correlation that came out of the study showed that the children's commitment levels were highest in direct relationship to very high levels of commitment of their fathers. This was done in nuclear families of school-aged children.

Thread Information