eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: What A Mighty God we Serve!

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: What A Mighty God we Serve!

PRAYER REQUESTS/ UPDATES/ PRAISE REPORTS

Youmeus - (1/1) Praying the New Year will be God focused - (1/13) Linda reports focusing on God's grace in her devotions & sharing about it with others

Burgyeb -(1/1) Praying the New Year will be God focused -(1/14) Ava reports focusing on God's Word in her daily devotions & striving to live it.

Luvintage- (1/2) Needs strength to act in wisdom for challenges being faced in her life

Charlene, neighbor of Youmeus - (1/13) Had recent mastectomy, awaiting tx decisions, & is a widow who farms.

Sofiag1964 (Sophia) - (1/17) Praise Report: "my sister is doing well & continue to improve since diagnosed with brain embolism; my niece Taya still improving & doesn't need oxygen tank as much due to the swine flu." Also praising God for blessing her with 6 months of free rent in her first shop.

Sofiag1964 (Sophia)- (1/17) Requesting prayer for her fibromyalgia condition that is putting a strain on her physical strength as she runs her business.

Hopeful2 (Sandy) - (1/17) Requesting continued prayers for her daughter Rene who has been struggling with cardiac problems. Rene is also homebound and is in need of prayers for the prosperity of her business of making & selling jewelry online. Rene's restoration to a state of wholeness in spirit, mind & body is the focus of prayer. [Jeremiah 33:3]

Youmeus - (1/23) Is requesting prayers due to a very difficult week for her & her loved one's. Oh's Uncle was admitted to a facility due to Alzheimers. Neighbor with cancer awaiting source & treatment information. Her brother had surgery on Thursday for removal of a portion of his colon. ADIL's father had an aneurism, & it reportedly looks bad.

Youmeus (Linda) had a doctor's appointment & was scheduled for a total hip replacement on Feb. 14th. Prayers for God's peace & strength needed to help Linda and her loved ones meet these difficult challenges. (3/8/2011) Linda reports on continuing to feel better since her successful hip surgery on Valentine's Day (2/14/11).

Update (1/27) Youmeus reported family of DIL made decision to take father off life support on 1/26/11 and he passed away 3 hours later. Continue to pray for the families peace and strength. Also neighbor, Frank will be starting a treatment plan for esophageal cancer. Continue prayers for him that the treatment plan will be effective and that he will be able to tolerate the treatments.

Youmeus - (1/30) Linda is thankful to God for providing traveling mercies for their family who attended DIL's father's funeral. She shared testimony of her DIL (Joy) concerning her father's passing (see 1/27 update above & post # 1076).

Youmeus - (3/8) Linda is thankful for the many prayers received for her hip surgery on 2/14/11; she is in self-directed rehab & recovering nicely. PTL! (4/10/11) Linda continues to receive good reports from her doctor on her hip surgery success. Praise The LORD!

Gramma1111 - (4/8) Pray for Jackie as she is dealing with illness in her family. Pray for Jackie's strength and family peace.

Rene' (Hopeful2's Daughter) - (4/8) Sandy has requested continued prayers for her daughter Rene' who has chronic cardiac problems. Please continue to stand on Jeremiah 33:3 for a wholeperson healing from the LORD. Nothing is too hard for God! PTL! (see 1/17/11 request above).

United States of America - (5/23/11) LORD we lift our Nation to you and ask that you would restore this Nation once again to be One Nation Under God Indivisible With Liberty and Justice For All. Let your blessing roll down like the waters. Still the ravages of natural disasters that are destroying our beautiful Nation. Bless our leaders at every level, make them mindful of your sovereignity and power, and obedient to your laws and commands. LORD heal our land and it's people. Thank you LORD for being a God who hears and answers prayer. Amen.

Will and Family in Joplin Missouri - (5/24/11) LORD we lift up Will & his family to you and ask that his location & status be determined; give Will's family peace during this devastating tragedy. LORD continue to minister to the needs of all the tornado devastated communities in Joplin Missouri, Minnesota, Oklahoma, Kansas, and other mid-western and central USA states. Continue to restore the devastated Southern States from tornado damage. LORD please heal our land. Thank you LORD for being a God who hears and answers prayer. Amen.

FOR EARLIER UPDATE HISTORY SEE POST #760 & POST #982 (LAST 2010 LIST UPDATE)
    SEE POST # 1039 FOR THREAD 2010 SUMMARY REPORT & POST #1043 FOR 1st PRAYER LIST 2011

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by burgyeb View Post
    Well, finished Book I of Psalms........chapters 1-41; are all psalms of David. As I was saying in post #1154 it is something how these chapters seemed to mirror Job. As I continued into Book 2 of Psalms (chapters 42-72) I saw the same pattern of the prayers & complaints of the just, questioning God as to why they were not being delivered. The decendants of Korah, Asaph, and David were indicated as authors of these Psalms. Like David, they praised God in the midst of their suffering and complaints. For some reason I never saw the Psalms like this until I focused on Job.
    The thing I find fascinating about the Bible is that you can read the same passages of scripture, over and over and see something new each time. Job's experience and account on suffering of the righteous is mirrored strongly in Book 3 of Psalms (chapters 73-89). These Psalms were by Asaph. I am almost embarrased at never noticing this before. When I think of the Psalms, it is usually about praise, peace, joy, songs. I would like to know more about Asaph.

Happy fourth of July weekend everyone!

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Asaph was one of three leaders in King David's Levitical Choirs. The grouping of Psalms ascribed to Asaph were at times attributable to his descendants. Beginning to think a person could spend a life time studying only the Book of Psalms. Next year I plan to just read it, not study it. :-)

Completed Book IV of Psalms (Chapters 90-106); what a great Book! Psalm 105 paints a comprehensive picture of God's dealings with Israel and His deliverance of them from Egyptian bondage. There was a call for Israel to praise God for His fulfillment of the Abrahamic covenant (vv 6-11).

Psalm 106 seemed to have a strong affinity to Psalm 105 in poetic style and shared themes. Psalm 106 paints a comprehensive picture of God's dealings with Israel in "the Wilderness", after they were delivered from Egyptian bondage. The focus was on the continuous rebellion of Israel and the LORD's faithfulness and mercy.

Just started Book V of Psalms (Chapters 107-150) today. What an adventure! :-)

View youmeus's Feedback (+203)
    All-About youmeus
    View youmeus's Listings
    Forum Posts

Burgy, just checking in--------------I am reading the 3rd book of Psalms and yes it is very interesting but I don't know of anything to add to your comments, just want you to know you aren't all alone here.

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi Youmeus, great to hear from you, and even greater to know I have a Bible reading companion. I was meditating in Psalm 119 (in Book V) today. It is an awesome Psalm, about The Word of God and has 176 verses. Was surprised to see many linkages in Psalm 19:7-10, 14 with Psalm 119.

Have you ever heard Psalm 19:7-10, 14 sang? It's my favorite more contemporary song from the scriptures.

View HerMajesty's Feedback (+1863)
    All-About HerMajesty
    View HerMajesty's Listings
    Forum Posts

I agree that you can read much of it over and over and find new interpretations and insights. Also would like to renew my prayer request for my cousin Nancy who is now having radiation therapy on her back for her lung cancer (non-smoker). It's been 1 1/2 years since it was discovered, so she is succeeding well, but now is having a lot of pain. Miracles happen, and I wish one for her and her young family.
    Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

Slide Inn for Vintage 35mm photographic slides
    https://uk.ebid.net/stores/Slide-Inn

ALSO!! Click below to see my store, THE BEE'S KNEES!
    https://the-bees-knees.ebid.net

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

PRAYER REQUESTS/ UPDATES/ PRAISE REPORTS

Youmeus - (1/1) Praying the New Year will be God focused - (1/13) Linda reports focusing on God's grace in her devotions & sharing about it with others

Burgyeb -(1/1) Praying the New Year will be God focused -(1/14) Ava reports focusing on God's Word in her daily devotions & striving to live it.

Luvintage- (1/2) Needs strength to act in wisdom for challenges being faced in her life

Charlene, neighbor of Youmeus - (1/13) Had recent mastectomy, awaiting tx decisions, & is a widow who farms.

Sofiag1964 (Sophia) - (1/17) Praise Report: "my sister is doing well & continue to improve since diagnosed with brain embolism; my niece Taya still improving & doesn't need oxygen tank as much due to the swine flu." Also praising God for blessing her with 6 months of free rent in her first shop.

Sofiag1964 (Sophia)- (1/17) Requesting prayer for her fibromyalgia condition that is putting a strain on her physical strength as she runs her business.

Hopeful2 (Sandy) - (1/17) Requesting continued prayers for her daughter Rene who has been struggling with cardiac problems. Rene is also homebound and is in need of prayers for the prosperity of her business of making & selling jewelry online. Rene's restoration to a state of wholeness in spirit, mind & body is the focus of prayer. [Jeremiah 33:3]

Youmeus - (1/23) Is requesting prayers due to a very difficult week for her & her loved one's. Oh's Uncle was admitted to a facility due to Alzheimers. Neighbor with cancer awaiting source & treatment information. Her brother had surgery on Thursday for removal of a portion of his colon. ADIL's father had an aneurism, & it reportedly looks bad.

Youmeus (Linda) had a doctor's appointment & was scheduled for a total hip replacement on Feb. 14th. Prayers for God's peace & strength needed to help Linda and her loved ones meet these difficult challenges. (3/8/2011) Linda reports on continuing to feel better since her successful hip surgery on Valentine's Day (2/14/11).

Update (1/27) Youmeus reported family of DIL made decision to take father off life support on 1/26/11 and he passed away 3 hours later. Continue to pray for the families peace and strength. Also neighbor, Frank will be starting a treatment plan for esophageal cancer. Continue prayers for him that the treatment plan will be effective and that he will be able to tolerate the treatments.

Youmeus - (1/30) Linda is thankful to God for providing traveling mercies for their family who attended DIL's father's funeral. She shared testimony of her DIL (Joy) concerning her father's passing (see 1/27 update above & post # 1076).

Youmeus - (3/8) Linda is thankful for the many prayers received for her hip surgery on 2/14/11; she is in self-directed rehab & recovering nicely. PTL! (4/10/11) Linda continues to receive good reports from her doctor on her hip surgery success. Praise The LORD!

Gramma1111 - (4/8) Pray for Jackie as she is dealing with illness in her family. Pray for Jackie's strength and family peace.

Rene' (Hopeful2's Daughter) - (4/8) Sandy has requested continued prayers for her daughter Rene' who has chronic cardiac problems. Please continue to stand on Jeremiah 33:3 for a wholeperson healing from the LORD. Nothing is too hard for God! PTL! (see 1/17/11 request above).

United States of America - (5/23/11) LORD we lift our Nation to you and ask that you would restore this Nation once again to be One Nation Under God Indivisible With Liberty and Justice For All. Let your blessing roll down like the waters. Still the ravages of natural disasters that are destroying our beautiful Nation. Bless our leaders at every level, make them mindful of your sovereignity and power, and obedient to your laws and commands. LORD heal our land and it's people. Thank you LORD for being a God who hears and answers prayer. Amen.

Will and Family in Joplin Missouri - (5/24/11) LORD we lift up Will & his family to you and ask that his location & status be determined; give Will's family peace during this devastating tragedy. LORD continue to minister to the needs of all the tornado devastated communities in Joplin Missouri, Minnesota, Oklahoma, Kansas, and other mid-western and central USA states. Continue to restore the devastated Southern States from tornado damage. LORD please heal our land. Thank you LORD for being a God who hears and answers prayer. Amen.

HerMajesty - (7/17/11) - Prayer request renewed for Nancy (cousin of HerMajesty) for a miraculous intervention from God, as she receives radiation therapy to her back for her lung cancer (non-smoker). LORD please touch Nancy and give her relief from her pain. Make the radiation therapy effective in destroying the cancer cells, and sparing the surrounding normal tissue. Bless Nancy and her young family with your peace. Thank you LORD for being with Nancy and her family during her 1&1/2 years of treatment. Thank you for being a God who cares about our troubles and pain. Amen.

FOR EARLIER UPDATE HISTORY SEE POST #760 & POST #982 (LAST 2010 LIST UPDATE)
    SEE POST # 1039 FOR THREAD 2010 SUMMARY REPORT & POST #1043 FOR 1st PRAYER LIST 2011

Thank you HerMajesty for bringing your renewed prayer request for Nancy. She and her family will be in our prayers. Nancy has been added to the prayer list. May God continue to be with her and her family as she continues with her treatment.

View HerMajesty's Feedback (+1863)
    All-About HerMajesty
    View HerMajesty's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thank you for your continuing prayers here. My husband just found out a friend in his 50's was recently diagnosed with cancer and given 2 weeks to live. Please remember him, if you would, and his family. thanks
    Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

Slide Inn for Vintage 35mm photographic slides
    https://uk.ebid.net/stores/Slide-Inn

ALSO!! Click below to see my store, THE BEE'S KNEES!
    https://the-bees-knees.ebid.net

View youmeus's Feedback (+203)
    All-About youmeus
    View youmeus's Listings
    Forum Posts

HerMajesty, you are in my thoughts and prayers. May God give you the words and strength to help those you know who are battleing health problems. I'm not sure of the answers but believe God puts each of us where we are for a purpose greater than we know.

We are having a heat wave here. The high today was 98* and it has been over 95 each of the last 4 days. My garden does not seem to be suffering yet, hope it can hang on until rain comes. OH is getting hay put up--in this heat it is curing fast. On the evening news they said nationwide there had been 28 heat related deaths.

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

HerMajesty's husband's friend and his family are in my prayers. May God strengthen her husband, and help him to be a point of comfort to his friend and family, as they face this challenge to their family structure. May the peace of God be with you all. Amen.

Thread Information