Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: What A Mighty God we Serve!

View youmeus's Feedback (+203)
    All-About youmeus
    View youmeus's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: What A Mighty God we Serve!

Could this possibly be jealousy at work. Maybe they know it was not their prayers but the prayers of others that got them thorough a rough spot and later they (the devil at work) become jealous of your closeness to God. It seems like an encounter with God either brings people closer or they choose not to be His and go even further away.

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Well, I do think it probably is forces of darkness at work. Those forces can make people do things that they might not ordinarily do. It could be jealousy at work, but it doesn't have to be. We are told that........"we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places." [Ephesians 6:12]

An encounter with God for one of His children will bring them closer to God. Sometimes a non-believer has an encounter with God's power also. This can at times be dangerous because forces of darkness will be mobilized because that person may attempt to reach for God. I see it as a time when they need extra prayers of protection and the wisdom and direction that comes only from God, so that they will be able to withstand an attack from the Kingdom of Darkness. That Kingdom does not want to lose a trophy or a king pin. BTW, this could be a "very nice person" simply not yet a child of God, because it is a choice.

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

PRAYER REQUESTS/ UPDATES/ PRAISE REPORTS

Youmeus - (1/1) Praying the New Year will be God focused - (1/13) Linda reports focusing on God's grace in her devotions & sharing about it with others

Burgyeb -(1/1) Praying the New Year will be God focused -(1/14) Ava reports focusing on God's Word in her daily devotions & striving to live it.

Luvintage- (1/2) Needs strength to act in wisdom for challenges being faced in her life

Charlene, neighbor of Youmeus - (1/13) Had recent mastectomy, awaiting tx decisions, & is a widow who farms.

Sofiag1964 (Sophia) - (1/17) Praise Report: "my sister is doing well & continue to improve since diagnosed with brain embolism; my niece Taya still improving & doesn't need oxygen tank as much due to the swine flu." Also praising God for blessing her with 6 months of free rent in her first shop.

Sofiag1964 (Sophia)- (1/17) Requesting prayer for her fibromyalgia condition that is putting a strain on her physical strength as she runs her business.

Hopeful2 (Sandy) - (1/17) Requesting continued prayers for her daughter Rene who has been struggling with cardiac problems. Rene is also homebound and is in need of prayers for the prosperity of her business of making & selling jewelry online. Rene's restoration to a state of wholeness in spirit, mind & body is the focus of prayer. [Jeremiah 33:3]

Youmeus - (1/23) Is requesting prayers due to a very difficult week for her & her loved one's. Oh's Uncle was admitted to a facility due to Alzheimers. Neighbor with cancer awaiting source & treatment information. Her brother had surgery on Thursday for removal of a portion of his colon. ADIL's father had an aneurism, & it reportedly looks bad.

Youmeus (Linda) had a doctor's appointment & was scheduled for a total hip replacement on Feb. 14th. Prayers for God's peace & strength needed to help Linda and her loved ones meet these difficult challenges. (3/8/2011) Linda reports on continuing to feel better since her successful hip surgery on Valentine's Day (2/14/11).

Update (1/27) Youmeus reported family of DIL made decision to take father off life support on 1/26/11 and he passed away 3 hours later. Continue to pray for the families peace and strength. Also neighbor, Frank will be starting a treatment plan for esophageal cancer. Continue prayers for him that the treatment plan will be effective and that he will be able to tolerate the treatments.

Youmeus - (1/30) Linda is thankful to God for providing traveling mercies for their family who attended DIL's father's funeral. She shared testimony of her DIL (Joy) concerning her father's passing (see 1/27 update above & post # 1076).

Youmeus - (3/8) Linda is thankful for the many prayers received for her hip surgery on 2/14/11; she is in self-directed rehab & recovering nicely. PTL! (4/10/11) Linda continues to receive good reports from her doctor on her hip surgery success. Praise The LORD!

Gramma1111 - (4/8) Pray for Jackie as she is dealing with illness in her family. Pray for Jackie's strength and family peace.

Rene' (Hopeful2's Daughter) - (4/8) Sandy has requested continued prayers for her daughter Rene' who has chronic cardiac problems. Please continue to stand on Jeremiah 33:3 for a wholeperson healing from the LORD. Nothing is too hard for God! PTL! (see 1/17/11 request above).

FOR EARLIER UPDATE HISTORY SEE POST #760 & POST #982 (LAST 2010 LIST UPDATE)
    SEE POST # 1039 FOR THREAD 2010 SUMMARY REPORT & POST #1043 FOR 1st PRAYER LIST 2011

Father, in the Name of Jesus Christ, we continue to give you thanks for the many answered prayers in our midst.

May God continue to work in the lives of all of those on the prayer list, and meet the needs of those with unspoken prayers. Amen.

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

May all have a blessed reflective day on what Christ Jesus accomplished for us on the cross this Good Friday.

Have a blessed and joyous Easter Day, as you celebrate the victorious ressurection of our LORD & Saviour, Jesus Christ!

Quote Originally Posted by burgyeb View Post
    May all have a blessed reflective day on what Christ Jesus accomplished for us on the cross this Good Friday.

Have a blessed and joyous Easter Day, as you celebrate the victorious ressurection of our LORD & Saviour, Jesus Christ!
    Thank you burgyeb. Hope yours was blessed as well. =)

the Green Room 24/7
    See my auctions here:
    http://us.ebid.net/perl/main.cgi?wor...arch&type=user

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Welcome to this thread thegreenroom247. I had a quiet, peaceful, and reflective weekend. :-)

Welcome to this thread thegreenroom247. I had a quiet, peaceful, and reflective weekend. :-)
    thank you for the welcome. in reference to the quite, peaceful,....nice =) in reference to the "reflective"...all pleasant conclusions/resolve?

the Green Room 24/7
    See my auctions here:

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by thegreenroom247 View Post
    thank you for the welcome. in reference to the quite, peaceful,....nice =) in reference to the "reflective"...all pleasant conclusions/resolve?
    Not all pleasant. The passion of Christ deeply reflective. I usually spend larger than usual time alone. Although not all pleasant, it is a time of great peace.

Not all pleasant. The passion of Christ deeply reflective. I usually spend larger than usual time alone. Although not all pleasant, it is a time of great peace.
    the passion of CHRIST...intense.
    by "alone" i know you don't mean "alone alone" (because of your faith), therefor... "not all pleasant...a time of great peace" - I understand completely.

the Green Room 24/7
    See my auctions here:

Thread Information