eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: When do you typically read a book?

Scarborough, North Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View heatemyfather's Feedback (+53)
    All-About heatemyfather
    View heatemyfather's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default When do you typically read a book?

Morning, evening, late at night before sleep? Over a coffee?

I never know when to read, so I just forget to do it even though there are several books I'd really like to get through before I die.
    My auctions: video games, photography stuff, miniature wargaming hobby bits and pieces
    My eBid stores: Miniature Hobby Store | Old Games
    My eBid adverts page (also home to my free eBid promotional graphics):
    http://www.jonathanmortimer.co.uk/adverts/

View klj's Feedback (+3320)
    All-About klj
    View klj's Listings
    Forum Posts

I nearly always read books just before bed. But have also been known to read all night, all afternoon when the weather is bad or I'm not well, anytime I'm waiting on someone or something.... and pretty much anytime a favourite author comes out with a new book. Mornings are for the papers.
    It would never occur to me to think of books I'd really like to get through before I die. Partially because I can't imagine not having a book around that I still want to get to (would probably panic), and sorry, but also because that just sounds so funny to me.
    Am I just awful?

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Throughout the day, when I fancy a break, when I'm waiting for something, when I can't wait any longer to find out what happens next... and always in the bath.

Glasgow, South Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    View ejean9's Feedback (+946)
    All-About ejean9
    View ejean9's Listings
    Forum Posts

always in bed...always on holiday will read all day long lying in the sun...in the bath (but not the shower)...cant imagine not having a pile of books to read..cant imagine not getting excited when new books arrive from fav authors..or recommendations of good reads...love it !!

On the train going to work and back home again. At lunch. Any time I have time to kill and the book is close.

If it's a real page turner - all day and night until it's finished. (Harry Potters are like that, as was my first reading of The Lord of the Rings).

View pearlygirl555's Feedback (+203)
    All-About pearlygirl555
    View pearlygirl555's Listings
    Forum Posts

I generally have a few books going at one time. One of them will always be some light, entertaining thing that I carry with me, easy to drop the mind into during an unexpected interval, not mentally demanding......suitable for getting somewhere 15 minutes early and getting through a few pages. These books are 70% non-fiction, 30% fiction.

I'll have a "main" book that will be some non-fiction whopper that may lead me to reach for a dictionary or to search for some additional info on the computer. This one is usually read at night once the beau has gone to sleep, done downstairs at my desk in close proximity to hot tea and snack foods.....mmm.....

People loan me books and I read them as quickly as I can, at home, without eating, so I can return them in good condition.

I usually also have something I'm researching for our business and have a backpack full of books in support of the topic and get to them as need dictates.

My family is well-stocked with authors, editors, magazine publishers, other wordy types. I was raised in a house without a TV, hot water heater or telephone by a single mom who was a teacher.....no doubt I'd be a reader! Have only had a TV when my mom was living with me a few years ago as she is bedridden with Alzheimers and Parkinsons and can't read anymore herself. At 43 I have the early stages of macular degenration now and cannot imagine being unable to read some day. I read throughout every single day.

I usually have at least 2 on the go!

One downstairs ( where I read after my lunch) and one by my bed, usually with a 'spare' in case I finish it!

I dont sleep well, so when I wake at 5 am, I put the radio on and read for a couple of hours before I go downstairs.
    Why not take a quick look at my Stores?

Find all kinds of books HERE

Find 'Plus Size' Clothes HERE

Find NEW tiny Baby Stuff HERE

Find 'Bits & Bobs' HERE

I currently have 62 books waiting to be read - 7 hardbacks - mostly auto/biographies - the rest paperbacks of very differing types!
    Why not take a quick look at my Stores?

Find all kinds of books HERE

Find 'Plus Size' Clothes HERE

Find NEW tiny Baby Stuff HERE

Find 'Bits & Bobs' HERE

In bed.Can read a book before i sleep sometimes.I read fast.

Reincarnation is just another repeat

Unless I'm researching a uniform/time period for a sculpt or painting I usually read from 2am to 3am.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

" Those who beat their swords into plowshares usually end up plowing for those who didn't. "
    Ben Franklin

http://us.ebid.net/stores/JerseyDevi...-and-Militaria

http://us.ebid.net/stores/JerseyDevil-COMICS

http://us.ebid.net/stores/JerseyDevi...CTCs-and-Games

Thread Information