Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Add Option, MAKE A OFFER with BUY NOW

Quote Originally Posted by marschenegger View Post
    I'm not going to stand in the way of eBid importing the Best Offer option. If they want to do it, so be it. I can take it or leave it. I just find that there are many people who want eBid to be another feeBay clone for the obvious reason that they want the best of both worlds, i.e., they want volume sales without the fees. That's simply not realistic.
    I'm not getting involved in this debate, but there is one thing I don't understand. You obviously would never use the Best Offer option. That's fine. But, why are you so dead set against anyone else having it? I'm trying to understand how other people using such an option would harm you. You have devoted a great deal of time on this thread, so it's obviously of great importance to you to prevent this from being implemented. Why?

There are currently listings on eBid that include in their titles something like "open to offers." I assume that prices on these items could be negotiated through PM. We have a great deal of freedom in what and when we can edit here, so it probably would be easy to "edit" in a negotiated Buy It price or just invoice to include a discount to reflect the agreed-upon price.
    In other words, you can already offer this option yourself if you want to.

I just find that there are many people who want eBid to be another feeBay clone for the obvious reason that they want the best of both worlds, i.e., they want volume sales without the fees. That's simply not realistic.
    I want the best of both worlds, but I don't want eBid to become an e*ay clone. Otherwise, I'd be there exclusively and not here at all.

Quote Originally Posted by TiasTreasures View Post
    I'm not getting involved in this debate, but there is one thing I don't understand. You obviously would never use the Best Offer option. That's fine. But, why are you so dead set against anyone else having it? I'm trying to understand how other people using such an option would harm you. You have devoted a great deal of time on this thread, so it's obviously of great importance to you to prevent this from being implemented. Wny?

Does seem like a tempest in a teapot, doesn't it? I don't use the Make Offer option elsewhere, but don't care if others do.

Quote Originally Posted by TiasTreasures View Post
    I'm not getting involved in this debate, but there is one thing I don't understand. You obviously would never use the Best Offer option. That's fine. But, why are you so dead set against anyone else having it? I'm trying to understand how other people using such an option would harm you. You have devoted a great deal of time on this thread, so it's obviously of great importance to you to prevent this from being implemented. Why?
    This discussion is not about me, it's about the subject of Best Offer. I have already offered reasons why I don't think it should be implemented. Unfortunately, nobody has offered any good explanations of why it should be implemented. I don't care to make this a personal issue.
    ================

The biggest truths are always left unsaid.

The biggest lies are repeated endlessly.

Weaverboy you have been banging on about Best Offer since you arrived, for goodness sake give it a rest. As for it attracting buyers and promoting more sales, eBid needs a far wider variety of items with sensible pricing and P&P before it needs to concentrate on other issues.

I presume if Best Offer is the best thing since sliced bread no doubt you are making a killing over on the other side so why are you making such a fuss here. Can we now please drop this subject.
    Ken

For low cost Prints and Affordable Originals just Click the Logo

http://tinyurl.com/39bkpc/images/affordablelogo.jpg
    and check out my other stores

Ken's Cave

Fantastic Fotos Store

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by kengillam View Post
    Weaverboy you have been banging on about Best Offer since you arrived, for goodness sake give it a rest. As for it attracting buyers and promoting more sales, eBid needs a far wider variety of items with sensible pricing and P&P before it needs to concentrate on other issues.

I presume if Best Offer is the best thing since sliced bread no doubt you are making a killing over on the other side so why are you making such a fuss here. Can we now please drop this subject.
    Hey Ken I didn't start this thread nor a few of the others, so it seems that I'm not alone. Those coming over like the option of haggling, so the administrators should look into it. The site needs to adapt to survive and thrive.

It is beyond me why they just don't privately poll the membership... Heck just the selling members to see if they'd like the OPTION to use here and how offend.

Oh and it isn't the greatest thing since sliced bread... What would be is a shipping calculator that mirrors feeBay's United States shipping calculator. But of course that I'm sure would be not only costly, but extremely time consuming.

The Best-Offer option would be more economical and problably would not take that long to set up. If I wrong OH PLEASE let a web-site tech correct me.

And Ken
    "You know there ain't no rest for the wicked,
    Money don't grow on trees,
    I got bills to pay,
    I got mouths to feed,
    There ain't nothing in this world for free.
    I know I can't slow down,
    I can't hold back
    Though you know I wish I could,
    Oh no there ain't no rest for the wicked,
    Until we close our eyes for good."

Cite: Cage The Elephant

Feel free to listen on my Myspace page.

Quote Originally Posted by kengillam View Post

I was going to say the same thing, just not as eloquently
    ================

The biggest truths are always left unsaid.

The biggest lies are repeated endlessly.

Cool

I was going to say the same thing, just not as eloquently
    Yes and neglecting the fact that threads about having a Best-Offer on eBid keep popping up, and they aren't mine. I only put up one poll that won if I recall correctly.

Wonder what would happen if the entire membership was posed the question of having a Best-Offer option?

Who knows it might be totally shot down?

You should encourage Mark and Gazza to poll the membership so I can see how wrong having a Best-Offer option might be.

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by theweaverboy View Post
    Yes and neglecting the fact that threads about having a Best-Offer on eBid keep popping up, and they aren't mine. I only put up one poll that won if I recall correctly.

Wonder what would happen if the entire membership was posed the question of having a Best-Offer option?

Who knows it might be totally shot down?

You should encourage Mark and Gazza to poll the membership so I can see how wrong having a Best-Offer option might be.
    What is your obsession with spamming the membership? If ebid started emailing questions to all their members every time somebody on the forums had some tin-pot little pet idea, those members would leave in droves. If you have an idea that holds merit, argue it's case, don't expect teacher to do it for you.

Thread Information