Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Add Option, MAKE A OFFER with BUY NOW

Forum Newbie
    View jandjsales's Feedback (+52)
    All-About jandjsales
    View jandjsales's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Make an Offer Option with Buy Now

I would like to see this option added here at eBid. Personally I listed all of my listings at another auction site this way and received alot of sales based on this option. I work for an employer that sells hundreds of items weekly using only make an offer.

What can it hurt to offer this to the sellers that want to use that option? Nothing. I hope they offer this option soon.

J & J Sales

Forum Newbie
    View jandjsales's Feedback (+52)
    All-About jandjsales
    View jandjsales's Listings
    Forum Posts

I highly agree. I've sold all of my listings this way with the other auction site. What can it hurt to add this option for those sellers that wish to use this option?

J & J Sales

Forum Diehard
    View kedo's Feedback (+4128)
    All-About kedo
    View kedo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by heatemyfather View Post
    I would expand it to include an Offer system for auction format listings, so instead of a Buy Now price there is only the starting bid and an Offer button (if the seller wants to add it), buyers can privately make their offers to Buy Now while the listing is still active. How many times have you seen people asking a seller what they would sell for now in auction format listings?
    I like that idea !

I would expand it to include an Offer system for auction format listings, so instead of a Buy Now price there is only the starting bid and an Offer button (if the seller wants to add it), buyers can privately make their offers to Buy Now while the listing is still active. How many times have you seen people asking a seller what they would sell for now in auction format listings?
    Yeah, smart thinking, like it.

On the main site I sell on (a music-only site, not feebay) I have best offer on all my listings 99p and above. Most of the time people just buy it now, I guess they just want to get the deal done and not mess around, my prices are mostly stupidly cheap anyway because I am very keen on undercutting.

But for high-value or generally rare stuff best offer is almost a neccesity, it's so hard to place a value on really rare items, sometimes I am struggling to find even one price to compare, seriously. Vinyl is such a fickle market, prices vary wildly, and with small production runs it's really a moot point what some random white label is truly worth. Bottom line is it's worth what anyone is prepared to pay for it at any given time.

Now the other area where best offer comes in handy is if a customer wants to make offers for a small discount on several items, I am invariably like, "yeah, no problem, on you go..." because it's so much less hassle to send out a bundle of tunes to one customer, I might save a bit on p+p too.

You do get some cheeky offers but you just knock them back. My advice is don't encourage it, they will tell their mates you're a soft touch

Over there one can set boundaries to auto-reject or auto-accept offers, while leaving other offers to be decided upon manually. This seems like a good system, however I would expand it to include an Offer system for auction format listings, so instead of a Buy Now price there is only the starting bid and an Offer button (if the seller wants to add it), buyers can privately make their offers to Buy Now while the listing is still active. How many times have you seen people asking a seller what they would sell for now in auction format listings?

But remember that the buyers on ebid have different buying/bidding habits as those on the other sites (even if they also buy there). They spend less time on line and don't like to fool around when buying an item. No questions, no emails, just BIN or bid. This option does mean a bit of fooling around. i.e. contactin seller, offering, counteroffering, etc. Buyers here shy away from that.

Also, I never used this feature on feebay and probably would not use it here. My first bid is the lowest price I would accept for the item AND I always have a sale going that offers 25% to 30% off if the buyer takes multiple items (more they take, higher the discount). That discounts the items already. So why would someone want to make a lower offer if they get a discount already?

I won't stand in anyone's way if they feel that they just have to have this option. As others have said, I just would not use it.

Forum Diehard
    All-About kedo
    View kedo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by deltadelta48 View Post
    No questions, no emails, just BIN or bid. This option does mean a bit of fooling around. i.e. contactin seller, offering, counteroffering, etc. Buyers here shy away from that.
    That's not true in my experience.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Gayukshop View Post
    Hi would like a MAKE A OFFER option,when placing item for sale on BUY NOW,
    Give buyers a chance to barter and the seller to sell if agree on offer. It would help moving things quicker than to relist. Like to know other members views
    Agreed. An upgrade like that would be far more economical & easier to do then the rest that are needed.

Wish the adminitration would just poll the membership privately to see if they'd like the "OPTION" to accept a Best-Offer. Heck just the selling membership would be grand.

Not too many here, or even on the darkside, are willing to risk it all on a opening bid 1 cent with no reserve.

Mostly it is a high opening bid with a buy now that is pretty close to the opening bid.

Or it is a low opening bid with a high reserve and if there is a buy now it is usually if not close to the reserve it is identical.

Limitations are just plain limiting.

Surely the simple answer is to place with auction at the lowest offer you would accept anyway, and a BIN for what you would really like. How hard can that be.
    Ken

For low cost Prints and Affordable Originals just Click the Logo

http://tinyurl.com/39bkpc/images/affordablelogo.jpg
    and check out my other stores

Ken's Cave

Fantastic Fotos Store

Forum Diehard
    All-About kedo
    View kedo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kengillam View Post
    Surely the simple answer is to place with auction at the lowest offer you would accept anyway, and a BIN for what you would really like. How hard can that be.
    No, because what people want through any best offer type facility is contact with the buyer. It's a chance to actively sell!

Quote Originally Posted by kengillam View Post
    and offer a discount if they take two or three, etc. Why make such a fuss about selling one at a sliding price when you can easily sell more at a discount?

Thread Information