Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: What do you collect?

Forum Newbie
    Gloucester, Gloucestershire, United Kingdom
    View odif's Feedback (+1416)
    All-About odif
    View odif's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi adruml, Tom was the best. Matt Smith is doing great though.

Default Re: Hi All !! Stamps and Coins

Newbie here on eBid - Seller on one of the "other" guys auction sites so I thought I try here as well.
    I collect Disneyana - the older the better. Currently I have several original programs (when they issued programs @ movies) from Disney Classics plus a couple of autographs from "The Mouse's Dad" plus some cells, lithos and giclee's as well as statuary. I have a vast accumulation of Depression, Antique, Art, 40s-50s-60s, and Crystal glass and glassware. The wife says the glass goes or else so here I am.

Thornton Cleveleys, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View cheaver's Feedback (+1050)
    All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi SellingOldThings, welcome to eBid and the Forum. I can't see your auction so I think you must only be selling US at present. I hope you enjoy it here - there is always help at hand - so I wish you well so that your wife will say you can stay !
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Forum Saint
    View adruml's Feedback (+1138)
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: What do you collect?

Quote Originally Posted by odif View Post
    Hi adruml, Tom was the best. Matt Smith is doing great though.

As long as they leave the Tardis in the episodes and bring back K9 every now and then I'm happy!

I should add I meant "the Police Box Tardis"

Quote Originally Posted by SellingOldThings View Post
    Newbie here on eBid - Seller on one of the "other" guys auction sites so I thought I try here as well.
    I collect Disneyana - the older the better. Currently I have several original programs (when they issued programs @ movies) from Disney Classics plus a couple of autographs from "The Mouse's Dad" plus some cells, lithos and giclee's as well as statuary. I have a vast accumulation of Depression, Antique, Art, 40s-50s-60s, and Crystal glass and glassware. The wife says the glass goes or else so here I am.
    Good to see you here. I only saw one listing active. Will look forward to seeing your depression glass.

Thanks for the welcome Ginny - slow starter here. Listed 1st piece of glass about 5 minutes ago. Will have MORE - over 25 boxes of depression glass, decanters, crystal, etc. to list (eventually).

Quote Originally Posted by SellingOldThings View Post
    Thanks for the welcome Ginny - slow starter here. Listed 1st piece of glass about 5 minutes ago. Will have MORE - over 25 boxes of depression glass, decanters, crystal, etc. to list (eventually).

I will have to go look and I will save you as a favorite seller. Might I make a suggestion: list your items for 7-10 day duration with 10 auto-reposts. This way your item will circulate to the top of searches by potential buyers. Put a BIN on your items so your listings will be uploaded to google. Don't use reserves...start the item at the price you are willing to let it go for. eBid is not like the bay....very little bidding wars occur. Don't use the featured auction option....IMHO it's not worth the price. Hope this helps. I will be keeping an item on your items for myself.

Forum Newbie
    View philtcm's Feedback (+1008)
    All-About philtcm
    View philtcm's Listings
    Forum Posts

Well
    Over the years I seem to heve collected almost everything from stamps to cigarette cards.
    Did go through a phase of collecting anything brewery related.
    Mainly though I have a passion for cigarette and tea cards and would love a full set of A&BC Civil war news. I did own a set a long long time ago lost most of my teeth chewing the gum :-) in my early teens I swapped the set for a very risque set of French post cards that got confiscated by my mother, never ever saw them again.
    I have thousands and thousands of cigarette cards thanks to three Great old Aunts who smoked far too much and left me with the task of sorting the lot out. Most of the odds are for sale, there are also many sets that I need just a few cards for, so not just selling. If the right card appears I do buy, but we are talking obscure rare cards for me to buy.

Lately I seem to be collecting Grandchildren so far 6.
    4 girls 2 boys ranging from 17 years to 6 weeks.
    One the 17 year old is football mad so all football memerobilia is hers programmes cigarette cards ticket stubs etc , another (grandaughter) seems to have my passion for cigarette tea cards so all full sets are hers.

Oh and I do collect White Star line memerobilia but none of that will ever be for sale whilst I am alive. I am hoping that one of my Grandsons will ask what is that picture and I can tell him your Great Great Grandfather sailed on that ship, hopefully the rest will fall into place.

Oh and have only been on here for a short while, use the other place as well but thought I would give this a try.

Regards and thanks for listening to my waffling.

Stop me and buy one sometime

Phil

I collect stamps, for the most part. Specifically, stamps from the Scandinavian countries. I noticed there was a discussion area for "coins and paper money" but not one for "stamps;" I guess money is always popular!

I also collect 20th century Scandinavian pottery.

Cheers,
    Peter

howdy-doody all, as a rookie, I will state that for now I will cruise the auctions, looking for for anything that strikes me as sure-fire addition for my collection..My main focus is collecting promtional still banks,(albeit unsual, different, and widley known here in north america, as well as the rest of the world..i.e. coke, dow, tetley..etc.) My budget is small, so auctions seem like a good place to start...TB

Thread Information