eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Should I Report the Murano Fakes?

Chester - Le - Street, Durham, United Kingdom
    View Armstrongs's Feedback (+1436)
    All-About Armstrongs
    View Armstrongs's Listings
    Forum Posts

(In answer to your Q, victorfrank, yes, an experienced jewellery maker can tell from a decent pic (clarity of the glass etc), but you don't need to be 'in the know': the real 'tell' for everyone is the price; a 12mm high standard Murano coloured glass heart (suitable for one earring) costs around £2.50+ to a jewellery maker, planing upward if foiled with silver, or yellow/white gold. Cost-in the other materials, and design/time/labour at an illegal-in-this-country £2 per hour, and the seller is still making a titanic loss if it is genuine Murano from Venice. I think this scenario is unlikely.)

Have to agree there on the clarity of the glass, I bought an electric blue wine decanter & six glasses, all decorated in 22ct gold gondolas (how twee lol) from Murano Island in the Venetian Lagoon, way back......about 30 years.
    It's still as pristine as the day I bought it

Would love to know what it's worth today.....think I paid around £20, back in the seventies Murano Glass ain't cheap!

Yv x

Look here for Crafty Bits

Find the Beamish Bazaar here!

I'M A YDC SUPPORTER!
    Find eBid's monthly charity auctions HERE on the 24th!

I have mine listed as Murano Type, which implicates that it is in the style of Murano. I have a friend living in Italy at the moment and we had a discussion about this funnily enough.
    With all genuine Murano you will get a certificate stating its authenticity.
    I was considering purchasing some for sale over here but was not sure how popular it would be considering you can get similar looking pieces but no where near the quality of the real thing.
    Please let me know if you think that type is acceptable.

Hi, I make/sell jewellery including Murano style beads & pendants and always say "Murano style". If I ever made a mistake and missed the word "style" from my description I would deffinitely hope that some kind ebidder would drop me a friendly line instead of reporting me .
    If you see a seller with all their Murano style items just marked as Murano, then afraid I think they should be reported.
    Am now off to check all my listings!!!!

Thread Information