Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: starting bid?? little high.......

Forum Newbie
    All-About oldtownauction
    View oldtownauction's Listings
    Forum Posts

Question starting bid?? little high.......

hi new here and looking around before i decided if i would like to sell here or not. i have noticed that alot of items seem to start at a high bid. i am like most a refugee from "the one not named" , and i love to buy as much as i sell. I am at a loss though it seems most items are staring way too much for auction bid, maybe i just like a good auction bid war,lol. As a seller that seems great but as a buyer is it lousily. I have seen some items i would love to bid on but wow the bid staring price is way high. if there are next to no fees here why so high??? i can see it with fees being so high at the other place to start high?? i guess i would just like to know well is it working for you guys to start so high, have you tried starting low. i just love a .99 auction start bid.. OH one more thing are there not vintage jewelry lots/ or the good old fashion junk lots here also. thanks just wondering...

It is not often that you get more than one bid on an item over here so the start price needs to be one that you are happy to accept.
    Please Visit my Book Store:

Affordable books Books

Family Members:
    Gothicina

My Children:
    Honehe
    Niffnaff
    Tozcentral

View Barrattess's Feedback (+2717)
    All-About Barrattess
    View Barrattess's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hello oldtownauction..
    ....it is as Wiz says...you start at .99p and that is probably what you get :-) ...as for auction 'lots' ....I sell Vintage jewellery and if you would like to take a look and if you like what you see ...make me an offer on 5 or more items...I can only say yes or no ... :-) ...

Have a click...You know you want to...

Forum Newbie
    All-About oldtownauction
    View oldtownauction's Listings
    Forum Posts

well you just have some wonderful , beautiful items. After looking around and seeing that most sellers are in the uk now i know why my items at the "other" site we mostly sold to the uk.. boy taking about cheap boy was i.
    well , like i said before i like lots, so if anyone list any please email me or however you contact someone here, me and my girls take what we want and sell the rest, we shop at online auctions and local estate/ consignment auctions. Consignment auction gotta love'em.

Forum Lurker
    View bobyjo's Feedback (+1)
    All-About bobyjo
    View bobyjo's Listings
    Forum Posts

hi you can make a offer on my items if you like to barter i love doing it.have a look...bobbie

OK Just listed some jewelry at fair prices to start, I AM HOPING to get some action, now if I can figure out a banner I would do a store so I can banner my pages heheheh

just do a search for me as a seller

Some of the people are very nice here , i had once person send me an apology for over bidding me on an item.
    But if selling i would suggest a few fixed price as well as auction items.

View klj's Feedback (+3320)
    All-About klj
    View klj's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by oldtownauction View Post
    well you just have some wonderful , beautiful items. After looking around and seeing that most sellers are in the uk now i know why my items at the "other" site we mostly sold to the uk.. boy taking about cheap boy was i.
    well , like i said before i like lots, so if anyone list any please email me or however you contact someone here, me and my girls take what we want and sell the rest, we shop at online auctions and local estate/ consignment auctions. Consignment auction gotta love'em.
    You could also put a wanted up - let people know how large a lot of jewellery (oops, jewelry to you) you are looking for and how much you want to pay, what sort of things you would like to see in a lot. You might get some offers from sellers who haven't started to list lots yet.

Forum Lurker
    View bobyjo's Feedback (+1)
    All-About bobyjo
    View bobyjo's Listings
    Forum Posts

i would like to bid 99p on a cartier watch for instance and if i won do you think i would get it sent to me i think not..so the bid must start at the lowest you would accept...i will try it on one of my items just to prove a point that 99p start and i wont get much more..

I have just listed 85 items under Jewellery & Watches/Loose Gemstones with $1.00 start and put reserve prices on them to be sure I sell the item for a profit. I figured the reserve price at 75% of the MSRP.

The buyer will get a bargain basement price while I get enough money to cover my expenses and hopefully provide a small profit.

No one can stay in business long unless he makes a profit.

I've listed some nice Lapis and opal cabs and a few rubies and sapphires so far, but will continue to post more every day until my entire collection (over 4,000 items) is up for sale.

Check me out!

Thread Information