My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: eBid Increasingly Looks Like THE Auction Alternative

#36 - feebay spend MILLIONS of dollars advertising themselves.

eBid just doesn't have that kind of dosh - so we have to publicise it by any means we can INDIVIDUALLY - believe me, most of us are not keeping quiet!!!
    Why not take a quick look at my Stores?

Find all kinds of books HERE

Find 'Plus Size' Clothes HERE

Find NEW tiny Baby Stuff HERE

Find 'Bits & Bobs' HERE

View AnnaBee's Feedback (+57)
    All-About AnnaBee
    View AnnaBee's Listings
    Forum Posts

This isnt a knitting circle or the brownies.....no one is asking for a "snowstorm" of press releases. "eb*y" changed the world - it created something which it is now destroying & ebid is the only realistic alternative. I would have thought that it would have been noticed by now thats all.....

Quote Originally Posted by AnnaBee View Post
    I just don't understand why ebid keep so quiet....never a quote or a mention in any press coverage. With this amount of interest in the auction giant surely ebid should be on everyones lips?
    feebay don't need to do anything to get the publicity, the journalists beat a path to their door LOOKING for stories. eBid could issue a 1,000 press releases but unless the media want to pick up the story they wont.
    It's much the same way that many celebrities/pop stars/ footballers rarely get mentioned, 95% or more of the "news" is aimed at a dozen or so.
    eBid does get mentioned in the press & on TV but not in the sensational way that feebay does.
    For instance, the guy in Australia who sold his life was picked up all over the world.
    Yet the girl who was selling off her ex's possesions on eBid was ignored. (Except by the fellas on the forum )
    Gothicina.

MAHATMA GANDHI - "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way in which its animals are treated."

My Stores
    Gothicina Labels | Gothicina's Web - for eBid Auction Templates & Store Banners.

My Alter egos
    Kewtonia Books | Kewtonia's Klutter | Kewtonia Magz

Family
    Leadhillsonline | Honehe
    Tozcentral | NiffNaff
    SynysterChambers | Goldenboys13

Free eBid Banners | Free YDC Teddies | Charity Listings YDC Teddy Templates

View AnnaBee's Feedback (+57)
    All-About AnnaBee
    View AnnaBee's Listings
    Forum Posts

I am not criticising ebid in any way. I dont advocate advertising as I think a good thing will make its own life. I am saying that as eb*y is changing & there is such a furore in the wider world & as ebid emerges as the alternative site as so many are moving here - how is it that ebid is not more widely spoken of.
    Did anyone hear the radio 4 you & yours today?

Forum Lurker
    View cruellady's Feedback (+42)
    All-About cruellady
    View cruellady's Listings
    Forum Posts

What did 'You and Yours' say, AnnaBee?

Quote Originally Posted by baconsdozen View Post
    Ebay rang me yesterday ...
    The phone was put down,the truth hurts.
    LOL baconsdozen - very interesting! Also shows how complacent they've become - alienate the small and small-medium sellers, and expect 'em to be sobbing wiv slavish gratitude. :: spit, spit, spitteee ::

And yes, of course the solution is to inform as many people as you can (without spamming), and keep listing to create choice to keep 'em when they come to have a look. If they were treated well by you in the past, they'll follow you when they need another widget/thingy/gift. I always remember good suppliers, and will make a bit of extra effort to use them again ...

Cru
    x
    Last edited by cruellady; 29th August 2008 at 12:51 AM. Reason: forgot the third spit

View sidthelamp's Feedback (+541)
    All-About sidthelamp
    View sidthelamp's Listings
    Forum Posts

Unhappy the you and mine show

the you and yours radio show, the guy in scotland who presented his case why he couldent sell any more on ebay because of the fee increases, when the guy from ebay was asked can you comment on this he just said i dont want to comment on an indevidual case! but sellers fees are going down! and a free gallery ! well whoopie doo, he failed to mention the FVFs hike the shop fee hike, as for the BBC dont they have researchers who look into things ! like what this is all about FVFs and shop fees, uncertainty in visability in searches, what a joke,! maybe the Beeb have been offerd some free listing days !
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/under pressure

MY ATTITUDE IS A RESULT OF YOUR ACTIONS!!!
    IF YOU DONT LIKE IT BLAME YOURSELF.

View dbdog73's Feedback (+369)
    All-About dbdog73
    View dbdog73's Listings
    Forum Posts

You can hear the 'You & yours' show again here;

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/youandyours/

Look down the right of the page for 'Listen again'. Click on 'Thursday edition'. Scroll forward to bang on 27 minutes. The ebay part starts there.

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

As for eBid advertising, take a look here:

http://helpdesk.ebid.net/showthread....776#post755776

~Jan~

View sidthelamp's Feedback (+541)
    All-About sidthelamp
    View sidthelamp's Listings
    Forum Posts

thats great news from Gazza
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/under pressure

MY ATTITUDE IS A RESULT OF YOUR ACTIONS!!!
    IF YOU DONT LIKE IT BLAME YOURSELF.

Forum Lurker
    View cruellady's Feedback (+42)
    All-About cruellady
    View cruellady's Listings
    Forum Posts

Just listened to the You and Yours feature (thx for the link dbdog73) - agree with sidthelamp at #46 - grinny, corporate side-stepping. The thing that really got me was the fact that both yay-sayers kept steering back to 'our buyers', and 'what our buyers want'; failing to acknowledge that both sellers and people buying things are f*bay's 'buyers'! :: fume ::

To do 'em a little justice, the interviewer did persist with the draining of the 'idiosyncratic' small sellers, and that the guy in the Borders wasn't the only sufferer, but what can anyone do in the face of such complacent smugness? As sid says, a bit more research would've made it more interesting, and it's a pity they didn't make room amongst the guff for a discussion of the alternatives.

Although f*bay have indeed entered the dictionary as a synonym for online bargains, unlike Hoover, the very nature of the medium is transient, and unless the product is permanently reliable for the great majority of users, the synonym falls into disuse.

Anyway, while they're stroking their white persians in their bunkers, eBid will be quietly gathering up awards and traffic, and doing it in a rather sleek and fetching wetsuit to boot

Cru
    x
    Last edited by cruellady; 30th August 2008 at 02:10 AM. Reason: adding skin tight wetsuit

Thread Information