eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 93 123456789101151 ... LastLast

Thread: A fool and their money are soon parted.

Default A fool and their money are soon parted.

One of my daughters mates has just forked out £125 for a framed 12 by 8 inches photo of a local landmark.

It wasn't even a limited edition or anything special. The photo was for sale at £90 unframed or £125 framed, the frame isn't very good quality and probably cost a fiver or something.

I'm gobsmacked that folk would pay that kind of money for a simple photo.

I think I might have a bash at flogging some myself, I could do the same size photos unframed at £14.99 and still make a healthy profit.

Hmm!, might sort a few out this afternoon and get them printed this week and test the waters. Gotta be worth a try, especially with folk like that around.
    Yorkie

My FaceBook page.
    My Twitter page.
    My YouTube channel.

Mention eBid if you add me on FaceBook or Twitter so I know where you are from.

Glasgow, Glasgow (City of), United Kingdom
    All-About ginab
    View ginab's Listings
    Forum Posts

i did that few years ago, well a right few years ago tbh, i went all round ireland taking pictures of sceneries, castles, some absoutely stunning pics and had all the plans to frame them and sell them but i never did get round to that part, i just kept them myself. (pointless really)
    but you would really make a good profit at it, if ya really wanted to do it.

View klj's Feedback (+3320)
    All-About klj
    View klj's Listings
    Forum Posts

After seeing some of the pictures you've posted here Yorkie, I think it's a brilliant idea. You do lovely photographs.

Quote Originally Posted by ginab View Post
    i did that few years ago, well a right few years ago tbh, i went all round ireland taking pictures of sceneries, castles, some absoutely stunning pics and had all the plans to frame them and sell them but i never did get round to that part, i just kept them myself. (pointless really)
    but you would really make a good profit at it, if ya really wanted to do it.
    I've had a nosey around and it would seem that there is a market for it. Some folk are looking for photos or pictures to hang in their lounge, dining room, hall, staircase, and even their bathrooms. It would seem that the photo doesn't need to be of a famous location or building either, it just needs to be a good pleasing image which people will like to look at and study. It appears that the "in thing" nowadays are photographs, the designers folks love to have them spotted around a house.

I think I'll give it a bash, if I don't flog them I can always keep them or give them as pressies. lol

Time to do a little cost evaluation I think.
    Yorkie

My FaceBook page.
    My Twitter page.
    My YouTube channel.

Quote Originally Posted by klj View Post
    After seeing some of the pictures you've posted here Yorkie, I think it's a brilliant idea. You do lovely photographs.
    Thanks lass. I think I'll pop a few on eBid next week and I know of a local venue which would hang the photos and sell them for a small percentage of the sale.
    Yorkie

My FaceBook page.
    My Twitter page.
    My YouTube channel.

Glasgow, Glasgow (City of), United Kingdom
    All-About ginab
    View ginab's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by yorkiesauctions View Post
    I've had a nosey around and it would seem that there is a market for it. Some folk are looking for photos or pictures to hang in their lounge, dining room, hall, staircase, and even their bathrooms. It would seem that the photo doesn't need to be of a famous location or building either, it just needs to be a good pleasing image which people will like to look at and study. It appears that the "in thing" nowadays are photographs, the designers folks love to have them spotted around a house.

I think I'll give it a bash, if I don't flog them I can always keep them or give them as pressies. lol

Time to do a little cost evaluation I think.

A good camera and a few frames that fall of the back of a lorry should do the job

A friend of mine does this and black and white stuff goes very well xxx

Omnia Probate Optima Tenete

Music changed to The Script

Rotherham, South Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View PATRIOT73's Feedback (+173)
    All-About PATRIOT73
    View PATRIOT73's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by yorkiesauctions View Post
    One of my daughters mates has just forked out £125 for a framed 12 by 8 inches photo of a local landmark.

It wasn't even a limited edition or anything special. The photo was for sale at £90 unframed or £125 framed, the frame isn't very good quality and probably cost a fiver or something.

I'm gobsmacked that folk would pay that kind of money for a simple photo.

I think I might have a bash at flogging some myself, I could do the same size photos unframed at £14.99 and still make a healthy profit.

Hmm!, might sort a few out this afternoon and get them printed this week and test the waters. Gotta be worth a try, especially with folk like that around.
    they not a true yorkie born n bred then i take it
    "WALKING IS DEFINITELY OVERRATED"

Quote Originally Posted by ginab View Post
    A good camera and a few frames that fall of the back of a lorry should do the job
    lol, my camera is okay, it's a 10MP Kodak PowerShot A640. I can PhotoShop the image if it needs any tidying up.

I think that I'm going to sell them unframed. That way folk can put them in frames which matches what they already have, also it will make it easier/cheaper to post too. lol
    Yorkie

My FaceBook page.
    My Twitter page.
    My YouTube channel.

Quote Originally Posted by sleekpony View Post
    A friend of mine does this and black and white stuff goes very well xxx
    Yeah I like b/w photos too, Ill probably do a few b/w one's.
    Yorkie

My FaceBook page.
    My Twitter page.
    My YouTube channel.

Thread Information