eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: ebid news on tamebay

Default ebid news on tamebay

Click on the Banner to go to my Store

http://uk.four.ebid.net/stores/Wizzy-Movie-Store

So when was it announced that ebid would be going into Portugal, Denmark Sweden & Belgium?

If they do, will theses sites be in english also?

Default July Newsletter

Quote Originally Posted by raindropsies2 View Post
    So when was it announced that ebid would be going into Portugal, Denmark Sweden & Belgium?

If they do, will theses sites be in english also?
    in the July Newsletter

http://helpdesk.ebid.net/showthread.php?t=108844

Click on the Banner to go to my Store

http://uk.four.ebid.net/stores/Wizzy-Movie-Store

View madelaine's Feedback (+5873)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

I've posted some comments on that article on Tamebay.
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

Hi
    Madelaine i just read the thread, and i like your post.
    There are a lot of people out there that think ebay is the only place to sell, and if anyone mentions anywhere else, they always try to discredit it. They make me sick, they are so pompous, usually people that are scared of change, so won't even try it.
    Jane

Nakhon Ratchasima Thailand (Not Singapore), Singapore, United Kingdom
    View gazlannathai's Feedback (+796)
    All-About gazlannathai
    View gazlannathai's Listings
    Forum Posts

Jane - and the worst culprits of that are the TamEbay owners

Madelaine - what did you say then? I'm not allowed to read TamEbay - they banned me for criticising the Head of Ebay UK Trust & Safety

View madelaine's Feedback (+5873)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

In response to posts which generally rubbished ebid suggesting that there were not enough items and not enough buyers and that ebid should remove the seller+fee and that they should remove the special offer on seller+ (so they were consistent....)

"I’m fascinated by the way people seem so sure that they know what ebid’s management are thinking/should be doing!

I’ve been on ebid since 2003 (ebay did something annoying then too.. can’t remember what it was). Until recently I sold perhaps 3 or 4 items per month and I only really listed because I don’t like monopoly.

Since the last change, I have been listing more seriously and I’m selling 30-40 items per month on each of two accounts. My fees have yet to break the £2 barrier for a month (and that is adding the two bills together).

No, it’s not ebay but unsold items cost me nothing, I can afford to list items that may take a while to find a buyer and autorelist saves a lot of my time.

Advertising? ebid have concentrated on banner ads online, which generate steady traffic flows. Listings with a BIN and long enough to run are uploaded to Google shopping. Over half my sales this month so far (23 on one id and 29 on the other) have been to newbies which suggests that something is working.

Neil H, you had two NPB for laptops on ebid? Your feedback there? Zero is it? Well, would you buy a laptop from a zero rated seller on ebay? I wouldn’t!
    Like all sites, ebid has a problem with scammers but they are much quicker to remove such people AND they prevent further sign-ups by the same person far more effectively than ebay. I am one of the very few people you will find on there with two ids and that is because one of mine is entirely for charity and they have let me have two because of that. "

later
    "

“Personally I’d have look at the feedback and decided that before biding and wouldn’t be a NPB.”

I totally agree - I am not defending the NPB rate, which is a pain wherever it happens but on ebay you would have lost your listing fees. Have you reported the npb to ebid? You will get your FVF refunded and, if the buyer does it more than twice, he will be removed from ebid.

The company is a private one so no publicly quoted shares and I agree that the contact details leave a lot to be desired but the email response to problems is personal, almost always swift and they actually read your email before replying.

I think that the staff levels at ebid are higher than is publicised - there is an impression that it is two owners + one member of staff but I don’t believe it for one moment."

So you see I didn't do a cheerleader act for ebid - I tried to tell it like it is.
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

Rhondda Cynon Taf, Rhondda Cynon Taff, United Kingdom
    View Trinakarenmille's Feedback (+2574)
    All-About Trinakarenmille
    View Trinakarenmille's Listings
    Forum Posts

madelaine.

Good posts of yours on that link in the OPs post.

What gets me are the posters who say they put this or that on greedbay & ebid but only the greedbay one sold.
    I often see it posted on the forums over there usually by greedbay supporters.

If a seller starts all over again on another site, they have IMO have to prove to potential buyers that they are there for the long haul, build buyers trust.
    Not give the appearance of being a fly by night by listing one item then complaining they had no sale, then giving up.

I realised it would be like starting from scratch again, same as when I started on the other site so long ago.

Okay sales here have not been as they were in greedbay hey day, but then for many sellers sales on greedbay are not in great quantities.
    Many sellers feel over there that their few sales there are just about paying the monthly fees with a little over if they are lucky.

At least here my sales are building, I get to keep the majority of the money from a sale. Dont pay if an item does not sell, buyers can find the items unlike with that New search that as been brought in over there.

A poster posted over there, summed it up quite nicely.
    Selling less on ebid than greedbay but making more of a profit on ebid.

Thread Information