My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Other forums and spreading the word

Thanks for informing the "newbie" of her error! Your help is much appreciated. I think my signature is now eBid appropriate.

By the way, is there an "Items Being Watched" feature that sellers can use to see what items they are selling are being watched by potential bidders?

-Melissa
    Miss Charlotte's Handmade Crafts - Personalized Party Favors and Labels

Forum Saint
    View penny291's Feedback (+1190)
    All-About penny291
    View penny291's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kengillam View Post
    I've just had a new user agreement from Greedbay, one thing that has struck me is that if you owe them anything or they think you owe them money, they will dip into your Paypoo account and help themselves, never mind the fact that the money in your Paypoo account may have nothing to do with Greedbay sales. How can one company help themselves to funds held by another company, is that legal.

I've also had an email from Paypoo saying they will be launching a new product to advertise your wares, if yoy integrate Paypoo on your website. Looks like they are getting worried about the drop in income it seems to me. Time to integrate Google Checkout more like.
    I now have google checkout on most of my auctions, but I cannot get rid of paypal yet as most of my buyers pay that way so have to have the option, also have pppay.com, cheques and postal orders

Quick work Melissa - as I say there's no rule against you working in the odd hint on your All About Me page to suggest that if folks search 'Miss Charlotte' they will find more from you.

Officially you can use a central feedback site to get a button on your about me page which shows your live £b*y feedback count ....that's a pretty big hint in itself *****

Don't be surprised if you see active links to sites around the place ....some do it....especially on listings.

As for your 'watchers' query ...this facility is not currently available on e-Bid and I don't believe it's on the long shopping list of 'things to do' either at the moment

***** I'm sure Ken won't mind me giving a link to one of his listings to demonstrate the feedback button ...as well as other things he applies to round out his info....judging from this it's obviously ok to put it on your listings as well if you wish to help you get over the non e-Bid feedback situation until you get going.

http://uk.four.ebid.net/perl/auction...6-0&mo=auction
    Last edited by GilfidianRudge; 24th July 2008 at 07:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kengillam View Post
    I've just had a new user agreement from Greedbay, one thing that has struck me is that if you owe them anything or they think you owe them money, they will dip into your Paypoo account and help themselves, never mind the fact that the money in your Paypoo account may have nothing to do with Greedbay sales. How can one company help themselves to funds held by another company, is that legal.

I've also had an email from Paypoo saying they will be launching a new product to advertise your wares, if yoy integrate Paypoo on your website. Looks like they are getting worried about the drop in income it seems to me. Time to integrate Google Checkout more like.
    I was under the impression that paypoo is a feebay owned company.. anyone care to enlighten me... i thought this was why feebay made paypoo compulsory on all listings and was able to get away with it???

Forum Saint
    View moonwitch's Feedback (+1616)
    All-About moonwitch
    View moonwitch's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AllThingsTasha View Post
    I was under the impression that paypoo is a feebay owned company.. anyone care to enlighten me... i thought this was why feebay made paypoo compulsory on all listings and was able to get away with it???
    Yes - feebay owns paypoo but as Ken said they are able to take money from your paypoo account when that account could have amounts in it that were paid to the paypoo account holder from a number of sources.

So - if a whole bunch of your poopal balance includes payments from buyers here or anywhere else - including the birthday money your Auntie Ethel sent you, they can walk off with that too.

View TexasAda's Feedback (+635)
    All-About TexasAda
    View TexasAda's Listings
    Forum Posts

Just a small report from the hinterlands. Today I was at a garage sale conducted by a young woman selling many pairs of brand new shoes. She mentioned she'd been selling them on eBoy. There was quite a crowd of people there digging through the shoes eagerly. I piped up so that everybody could hear me and said "I used to sell on eBoy too and now I use eBid." "what?" she said. So i spelled it out "E-B-I-D" and said "NET, not COM" several times. I'm sure at least 10 people heard me.

Hi, no idea if someone else mentioned this here as there's too many comments to search through.
    eBid has been mentioned a lot lately on Tamebay.com as so many people are migrating.
    Some e B a yers poo poo the idea of listing on eBid, but I think they're the complacent arrogant sellers who've got it made on e B a y, i.e. the powersellers etc.
    But MANY people think eBid is the only viable alternative, that's why I'm here now
    I also mentioned the migration in a letter to the editor of Ireland's PC Live who ran an article on the negative changes on e B a y in this month's issue. He mentioned that he will use parts of my letter for publication, so I hope that eBid will be mentioned in the next issue of PC Live.
    Luna

Please visit my eBid Stores

Well Done You!

ALL publicity is good!!!
    Why not take a quick look at my Stores?

Find all kinds of books HERE

Find 'Plus Size' Clothes HERE

Find NEW tiny Baby Stuff HERE

Find 'Bits & Bobs' HERE

Hi everyone, I' m another newbie trying to move away from evilbay, but I'm rather concerned that ebid just isn't known enough. On Friday I decided that I would ask every one I met over the weekend if they had heard of ebid - and I mean everyone, the lady in the post office, the postman, the man doing takeaway leaflets, family, friends and everyone at the birthday party and even at the petrol station - and sadly not one single people knew we existed. (They do now of course). I know it's a big job and that word is slowly spreading but I guess I'm impatient as I so want to cut all ties with evilbay, but unfortunately I can't until I get sales here! There seem to be lots of viewers (which I suspect is lots of ex-evilbayers/competitors checking out whats available), but not a single sale in 3 weeks.
    On the plus side, it's so much more friendly here. I gave up posting over there - it all got so spiteful and very very negative.
    I'm waving the ebid flag like mad!

View TexasAda's Feedback (+635)
    All-About TexasAda
    View TexasAda's Listings
    Forum Posts

Congratulations, Ruth. I award you a virtual purple ribbon for Best in Show. That was a good idea and great action. I hereby promise next time i leave the hosue, i will wear my eBid t shirt, no matter what the destination.

Thread Information