Thread: Other forums and spreading the word

Forum Lurker
    Newcastle Upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear, United Kingdom
    View hotandvintage's Feedback (+13)
    All-About hotandvintage
    View hotandvintage's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Other forums and spreading the word

I keep testing out opinions on other forums on ebid, especially trying to find forums that are not auction related.

Basically the idea is a question possibly not worded great on this one, although it was related to a conversation on the talk show. But it is getting the name out there to people that are often sitting on the computer as they listen to the show, and the forum is building with people that listen to the show

Found this one that is the biggest radio station in the north of england, where ebay gets mentioned a lot on the show, so figure why not ebid.

http://www.alanrobsonsnightowls.com/....php?f=3&t=277

It is always the case, generally because people still believe feebay is the only site with the highest amount of users at the moment and brings in the most money.

People are only now just starting to realize that they are being priced out the market with their new fee structure and compulsory paypal. I suppose feebay now don't want small sellers because they don't bring in in enough money. The new feedback policey means that buyers have a lot of power over business sellers and their right to continue trading if buyers are not happy. In the past when they made the "no surcharge" policey a lot of people just talked about leaving feebay but never bothered and things just returned to normal as not many people surcharged anyway or felt that sellers that refused to charge exrea would appear more attractive to buyers.

However as feebay is the only place that brings in a regular income people are reluctant to try anywere else. which is daft as people are mentioning going back to car boot sales or even setting up their own websites which is nothing like an online auction site.

I wouldn't believe everything you read in the media about any site being the best. Just like we know that all these new car insurance comparasion sites doesn't mean that they are the cheapest does it? Any wise person would go out and see for themselves.

Put it this way if you look at http://www.powersellersunite.com/auctionsitewatch.php you will see that auction listing for ebid has doubled over the past month especailly the UK and feebay listings have dropped. I always like to see for myself and never trust what "anyone else" has to say.

Scarborough, North Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View heatemyfather's Feedback (+53)
    All-About heatemyfather
    View heatemyfather's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by This_year View Post
    I suppose feebay now don't want small sellers because they don't bring in in enough money. The new feedback policey means that buyers have a lot of power over business sellers and their right to continue trading if buyers are not happy.
    Word has it that fleeBay only want a handful of select power sellers who sell fast turn-around goods (probably cheap rubbish from China), everyone else is going to find themselves suspended or pushed out by ridiculous anti-competitive measures. These select power sellers are not suspended if they receive poor feedback, however, and also receive a preferential fee structure. All part of fleeBay's secret master plan, but to what end remains to be seen. I suspect fleeBay will be caught short before that master plan is realised, if the courts have anything to say about it; their present business model is a contradiction, they are no longer 'just a venue' and have to take full responsibility for all the illegal activity and bad things that go on on their site.
    My auctions: video games, photography stuff, miniature wargaming hobby bits and pieces
    My eBid stores: Miniature Hobby Store | Old Games
    My eBid adverts page (also home to my free eBid promotional graphics):
    http://www.jonathanmortimer.co.uk/adverts/

I've just had a new user agreement from Greedbay, one thing that has struck me is that if you owe them anything or they think you owe them money, they will dip into your Paypoo account and help themselves, never mind the fact that the money in your Paypoo account may have nothing to do with Greedbay sales. How can one company help themselves to funds held by another company, is that legal.

I've also had an email from Paypoo saying they will be launching a new product to advertise your wares, if yoy integrate Paypoo on your website. Looks like they are getting worried about the drop in income it seems to me. Time to integrate Google Checkout more like.
    Ken

For low cost Prints and Affordable Originals just Click the Logo

http://tinyurl.com/39bkpc/images/affordablelogo.jpg
    and check out my other stores

Ken's Cave

Fantastic Fotos Store

Forum Lurker
    All-About hotandvintage
    Forum Posts

Ebay owe me money on one of my accounts, its about £4.50, but to get it back I would have had to pay them more money, so they could pay me back.

In the end I just said keep it, or give it to charity or something, just was not worth the messing round.

Forum Lurker
    All-About hotandvintage
    Forum Posts

If any of you know of any Australian forums, news chat or otherwize then start making use of them now.

There is a lot of stuff coming out of Australia, they are being extorted on fees by ebay and possibly paypal also. They are using their countries laws against ebay, and this would be a great time to start pushing ebid, as a lot of them will be looking for a new home, as it is not a case of they do not want to sell on ebay, for a lot of them they will not be able to sell on ebay due to the charges.

The Australian auctions I have looked at are just that, Australian Auctions , and they do not seem in a hurry to expand out of the country.

Rhondda Cynon Taf, Rhondda Cynon Taff, United Kingdom
    View Trinakarenmille's Feedback (+2574)
    All-About Trinakarenmille
    View Trinakarenmille's Listings
    Forum Posts

Cool

raindropsies.

Are you up for a visit to OZ

View TexasAda's Feedback (+635)
    All-About TexasAda
    View TexasAda's Listings
    Forum Posts

Recently as I visited an American history forum that I've belonged to for years, another member was telling how he's looking for a print of a certain painting and can't find it ANYWHERE. He said he'd looked on eBoy. So i replied and said to look on eBid.net (and i stressed it's eBid.net, not eBid.com). I said even if it's not here, he can run a FREE wanted ad for however long he wishes, and most likely somebody will come up with the print sooner or later because people are eager to sell.

History buffs can be very persistent and dedicated.

I heard about eBid from a member of a FeeBay Sellers Yahoo newsgroup. I have some luck selling on other websites (as shown in my signature), but I decided it was time to try eBid to see if there is market for my products. I only started listing items yesterday and am still getting familiar with the site.

-Melissa
    Miss Charlotte's Handmade Crafts - Personalized Party Favors and Labels

Melissa - welcome to e-Bid - I'm sure if you're wandering around the forum you'd pick up on it yourself in time but just in case - you need to delete the non e-Bid links in your signature.

'e-Bid links and non e-commerce links only' is the official line I believe.

It can be a bit of a grey area but if nothing else I'd suggest you get shut of the £b*y link pretty sharpish!!

You can be a bit subtle about it ....for instance saying you trade under the same name 'elsewhere' ....then if folks are interested in your products they'll take the time to search for you via google or on the 'elsewhere' site itself.

Good luck ........really enjoyed our trip to Phillie earlier this year.

Thread Information