Quote Originally Posted by JudesNiceThings View Post
[As the credit crunch continues people may begin to buy 2nd-hand stuff more instead of new, and that's when fleeBay will become less attractive for buyers (as most of it is new stock) and they will look elsewhere for the bargains.]

I agree - that Donohoe bloke seems to be very short on brains - trying to eliminate second-han, auctions, and small sellers in the present economic climate.

Although this doesn't sound very nice, I would say 80% of buyers go to auction sites because they are short of money - if they had the cash, they'd buy from shops or established retailers' websites, wouldn't they?
Jude

I do not think the shortage of green ammo is the problem the cash may not be so abundant but the credit card is there and in so many forms (the instigator of the credit crunch).

The days (sadly) have gone where the wife looked after the house, children, husband and shopped on a daily basis. Now both couples have to be out to work and time is at a premium.

The butcher, baker, and candlestick maker are nearly all gone replaced with Tesco, Asda or similar and all under one roof (the one stop shop). Once looking around the shops was a necessity now it is a luxury and it’s the luxuries that are being cut back on.

The megga one stop shop is now brought to us via the internet. Whether it is new or second hand is irrespective. It is what fulfils the buyer’s needs, and if they think they are getting a bargain or not. In some cases new cost less than second-hand, it’s a balance of quality product and price. It is a different matter with hobbies and collectors, as the purchase is through WANT rather than necessity.

This medium allows you to look over a vast array of items in a short time and, you may find what you want at a bargain starting price.

The good thing with eBay is up until now they have attract a vast number of individual sellers and a good selection of items at a good starting price, which this site lacks at this instant in time (for me that is) only time will tell if there is to be a migration of good sellers to this site. I also feel eBay’s browser layout up to now is easier to navigate (not so cluttered and links to follow) with more self help. Although the direct help on this site is far superior.