My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: They must be worried

Default Keep emailing ebayers about ebid....

I have said it before and will post it again and again and AGAIN... everyone selling on this website needs to start emailing all their old customers from *over there* and even going through the auction, you can ask the seller a question - you need to just randomly go through and notify everyone about ebid - ebay cant stop this - EVERYONE SHOULD inquire with say 50 sellers a day and send them emails about ebid, cheaper rates, better websites etc...
    if we all do this and keep it up the word will get around... people i.e. sellers and buyers are SICK AND TIRED OF EBAYS ARROGANCE AND DISREGARD FOR THEIR SELLERS...
    we need to get them OVER HERE....

GET TO IT PLEASE.... MAKE IT A HOBBY OR AN EXPRESSION OF YOUR DISPLEASURE TO TAKE, WHAT, 30 MINUTES OF YOUR TIME A DAY TO CUT A PASTE A MESSAGE ABOUT EBAY TO THE SELLERS??

Forum Lurker
    View cruellady's Feedback (+42)
    All-About cruellady
    View cruellady's Listings
    Forum Posts

Um. Well, I feel equally enthusiastic, Devils, but there's legitimate promotion of eBid, and then there's spamming - something we don't want to be associated with. If all the enthusiastic sellers did what you suggested, I think the Other Place could have a good case for associating eBid Members with dodgy web practice, if not worse. If you happen to have bought something from an Other Place seller in the past, and fall into natural conversation, that's quite a different matter ...

On the other hand, there's being a bit over-cautious - listing a few things and hoping for a flood of sales isn't how it works here - there's no huge advertising budget to get eBid's name in front of the punters. If you want folk to browse and buy your product on eBid, you have to make an effort to promote both eBid and your own listings. I put an eBid banner on my site before I started listing - it's no use trying to drive a cart if you've nae horse in front ...

Cru
    x

I dare say there are still a lot of sellers still providing items for buyers to purchase over there, so that is hardly going to encourage them to come here, why should they bother. It's when they can't find anything on the shelves they will be more motivated to come here.
    Ken

For low cost Prints and Affordable Originals just Click the Logo

http://tinyurl.com/39bkpc/images/affordablelogo.jpg
    and check out my other stores

Ken's Cave

Fantastic Fotos Store

View madelaine's Feedback (+5872)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kengillam View Post
    I dare say there are still a lot of sellers still providing items for buyers to purchase over there, so that is hardly going to encourage them to come here, why should they bother. It's when they can't find anything on the shelves they will be more motivated to come here.
    Ken, listing on the other side is not that counter-productive. I list a bit now and then and every buyer gets a message about ebid(Note to self - must tell those I buy from as well). Removing ourselves from there if people don't know this site exists will not bring in the buyers.

However, I have sold over 40 items in July over here. Everyone knows that sales drop in July (unless you are selling water wings and sunscreen), so how many will I sell in the autumn? It's a really encouraging thought.
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

West Bromwich, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View merlin's Feedback (+3081)
    All-About merlin
    View merlin's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kengillam View Post
    but i had some cards listed here for ages not one buyer listed a few over there and sold ONE FOR £23.00 and ONE FOR £16.00 YET they only got a couple of looks here ? sorry but those types of sales i need as cards are my hobby and i need to sell some to be able to buy more

Default Getting the ball rolling

WITHOUT PREJUDICE
    OP.

Ebay are not worried, they are still wallowing in their own success and their heads are not far enough up their bottom to see the light. The time they will be concerned is when the sellers on this site start to list the bargains that used to be found on eBay and still are but not to such an extent now due to their new trading policy and going away from the auction image to the virtual shop and mall style image. From the accountancy aspect on paper it is better to have a fixed income from a shop rather than the revenue generated by a small listing fee and commision on sales. The eBay site high hit rate may be attracting the big corporate sellers that pay big fees to have an eBay shop; if so this increased income would make eBay's books look good if it was about to come up for sale. The same goes for pay pal with eBay forcing all sellers to offer this method of payment. If this is the case then it is a matter of time. eBay seems to be haemorrhaging the good seller where a bargain could be had. If this is their plan and the site traffic falls below a certain threshold and the corporates pull out, the crest of the wave which ebay are riding on at this instant in time may well turn into a tsumani. A solution to attracting buyers to a site is sellers offering sort after items at bargain prices together with a good service this might just get the buyer to cross over oe at least browse the site and what it has to offer in a bit more depth.

I understand your point. Most of the changes feebay seem to have done are in keeping with the business seller anyway.

Many small hobby sellers are not going to be bothered about DSR ratings as many may be single mums that can only post out on one day a week etc where a business would be expected to have fast shipping, good customer service ratings etc, I have only very rarely sold there anyway despite being a member for 8 years. If I got unfair negs from a buyer and got suspended, it would not bother me as I never sell more than 1 item per month due to their fees.

I agree that ebid has a market for sellers offering personal items, as feebay is becoming so big and famous its now like a household name. I'm surprised they have not brought out their own high street shop or market stalls.

Many powersellers often are too big for their boots and give poor service and are the ones which give out retallitories negs for any buyer that dares to critisize them. The sort of behaviour not tolerated by sales staff in a real shop therfore the reason why they needed to clamp down on sellers to avoid getting a bad name .

I don't mind ebid taking over small sellers as they have a better attitude. A lot of stuff you get "over there" you can get cheaper in a pound shop or in Tesco.

Forum Lurker
    View cruellady's Feedback (+42)
    All-About cruellady
    View cruellady's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by This_year View Post
    I don't mind ebid taking over small sellers as they have a better attitude. A lot of stuff you get "over there" you can get cheaper in a pound shop or in Tesco.
    This illustrates their short-sightedness - it's the small sellers with their bits and pieces that added the variety and interest that allowed them to become a household name. Certainly the 'pound shop prowlers' are increasing over there - I noticed someone selling rubber faux ironwork plant pot trivets for £4.99 plus £2.49 postage (including the pound shop tag!), which are price-as-advertised at source. Ok, some folk may not have a pound shop near them, but a four pound mark up is just short-term opportunism - someone will rumble 'em, and it will not reflect well on eBaaa.

Cru
    x
    Last edited by cruellady; 9th August 2008 at 01:33 AM. Reason: snelink mipyakes

Hi All,

New here and I am liking what I see so far. I am seeing that the topic of more traffic on the site is pretty hot. Well, I am going to do my best here and see if I can help out as much as I can. I have a great track record on donahueBay and well, I am sick of them and decided it was time to keep a bit more than the 60% of my profit I was making in that blackhole on the other side.

I am allowing my auctions to fade away on the other side and will slowly move them over to here. I hope to see some of you folks lurking through my listings and maybe making a purchase.

I too will be lurking through your listings and looking for the things I used to purchase with you know who over there.

Cheers!

Good selling to you. All the best says crazymama.
    See all the items up for sale this week at Crazymama's

http://us.ebid.net/stores/crazymamas

Thread Information