My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: They must be worried

#19 - IF I had a website or knew hoe to operate one - I'd promote eBid on it - but I haven't the need for one!

I do bore people with eBid though - I'm renowned for bring in it up in conversation at every opportunity!

I also have A4 posters on the windows of my estate, and wear my teeshirt when I go to supermarkets, PO, and the local market!
    Why not take a quick look at my Stores?

Find all kinds of books HERE

Find 'Plus Size' Clothes HERE

Find NEW tiny Baby Stuff HERE

Find 'Bits & Bobs' HERE

Forum Newbie
    Barnsley, South Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View SnoopersParadise's Feedback (+7)
    All-About SnoopersParadise
    View SnoopersParadise's Listings
    Forum Posts

I recently joined ebid from the "other side" OK sales arent booming yet, but reading all the negative comments from disgruntled members over there, I don't think it will be long before many, many more sellers desert "that site" and find their way here.

Hi SnoopersParadise, welcome to eBid, OK to help you get started add a signature link to your posts so us nosey lot have an easy link to your items whilst reading the forums, read this thread http://helpdesk.ebid.net/showthread.php?t=100959 then fill in some info on Your About Me Page so people know about you as a seller. Perhaps buy a few things to kickstart your feedback over here, always looks better than a zero, ( I have some nice cheap prints ) have a look at my listings to see how I dealt with the zero feedback problem when I started.

Then email all YOUR (not Greedbay's they are a venue, they keep telling us) customers, and tell them where you are, give them a link to your listings. Grab the records while you can and from paypal records as well. That should keep you busy for a bit, and shout if you need a hand. Additional body parts incur a small fee Oh and finally read the forums there is a lot of useful information on here.

These threads may help opening a store.

step by step with images for opening a store
    http://helpdesk.ebid.net/showpost.ph...postcount=2%20

Adding Categories
    http://helpdesk.ebid.net/showpost.ph...74&postcount=5
    and subcategories
    http://helpdesk.ebid.net/showpost.ph...77&postcount=6
    Ken

For low cost Prints and Affordable Originals just Click the Logo

http://tinyurl.com/39bkpc/images/affordablelogo.jpg
    and check out my other stores

Ken's Cave

Fantastic Fotos Store

Brillant about the listing numbers being up again. I've got lots more to list and should really be getting on with it!

Jude be careful hun, don't want you being barred altogether!

I agree with all the posts here, it is a long term venture, but the more problems e**y give itself the more both buyers and sellers will start filtering over.

Obviosly the more listings that are here the more exposure we'll get with Google searches too.

Click above link to visit my store

Dee's stores of designer ladies fashions, high class gifts and fantastic shoes, bags & boots

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/deesigners...bags-and-boots

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Bulgarian-Homes4U-Houses-Villas-Land-Apartments

Quote Originally Posted by TheNose View Post
    This is where Ebid really needs to start helping itself now, and us, with a national TV campaign, something that will visually help people sit up and take note.
    Oh not that old chestnut again.

If you'd ever looked at what a 30-second tv ad costs, both to make and to display, you'd know why you're not going to see one for several years.

So grab your camcorder, do your own 30-second ad for why you like eBid, make it hilarious (that's the tough bit), and upload it to YouTube.

It's great to hear there's more than a million auctions here now. That means it's even more important to get SEARCH working well.
    Click for bargain auctions!

Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

Quote Originally Posted by JudesNiceThings View Post
    [As the credit crunch continues people may begin to buy 2nd-hand stuff more instead of new, and that's when fleeBay will become less attractive for buyers (as most of it is new stock) and they will look elsewhere for the bargains.]

I agree - that Donohoe bloke seems to be very short on brains - trying to eliminate second-han, auctions, and small sellers in the present economic climate.

Although this doesn't sound very nice, I would say 80% of buyers go to auction sites because they are short of money - if they had the cash, they'd buy from shops or established retailers' websites, wouldn't they?
    First 2 paras, very good points.

Last para: er, no. Rich people don't get to be rich by throwing money away!
    Click for bargain auctions!

Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

View victorfrank's Feedback (+160)
    All-About victorfrank
    View victorfrank's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JudesNiceThings View Post
    #19 - IF I had a website or knew hoe to operate one - I'd promote eBid on it - but I haven't the need for one!

I do bore people with eBid though - I'm renowned for bring in it up in conversation at every opportunity!

I also have A4 posters on the windows of my estate, and wear my teeshirt when I go to supermarkets, PO, and the local market!
    Being of the 'older generation', I think that such enthusiasm and belief in what a person is doing, is commendable. Wish there was more of it in society in general.

Promote Promote Promote. We can all do it together.
    See all the items up for sale this week at Crazymama's

http://us.ebid.net/stores/crazymamas

Forum Newbie
    All-About Brandieshobby
    View Brandieshobby's Listings
    Forum Posts

Smile Advertise Ebid hmmmmm let me think about it

I have my own web site. I am new to Ebid just posted a few Ashton Drake dolls. If I do well on Ebid I would be glad to advertise for them. I spent 8 months on the "other" side and paid more money than I made. Then when things were starting to go well, they suspended me for selling Ebooks. These are real Ebooks. Oh well, I have my own site now, and can sell all the Ebooks I want. If I do well I will be glad to list a banner for Ebid. Time will tell.

Forum Lurker
    View cruellady's Feedback (+42)
    All-About cruellady
    View cruellady's Listings
    Forum Posts

One thing I don't understand (and I could be being a bit fick), is why the PSU site lists eBid US and UK separately, yet all of eBay as one total. If you add eBid US and UK together (and why not - many US items are available here and vice versa), the eBid listing total is 2 million.

With sellers continuing to join and list, the customers will gradually follow the increasing choice as word gets around :-)
    Cru
    x

Thread Information