eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: They must be worried

Forum Newbie
    View tinkev's Feedback (+21)
    All-About tinkev
    View tinkev's Listings
    Forum Posts

Cooool Listings going up, sales going up , trends about to change as feebay make yet MORE ridiculous changes.... Go Ebid as more come over this site will get better

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Buy-It-Cheap

Forum Lurker
    View bf2007's Feedback (+12)
    All-About bf2007
    View bf2007's Listings
    Forum Posts

Shame we can not have the Spanish site in Spanish as would get more people from Spain joining, as most of my buyers from the other side liked to pay by bank transfer which they can not do now other there

The PowerSellers Unite site is showing eBid UK as having 1,053,780 live auctions as at 15.10pm 15th July. The upward trend in the numbers of listings continues!

Forum Newbie
    View TheNose's Feedback (+100)
    All-About TheNose
    View TheNose's Listings
    Forum Posts

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by smokyq View Post
    The Power Sellers Unite website is showing the number of eBid UK listings as at 4.10 pm this afternoon at 1,040,900. I am checking this number each day and it is quite clear that there is now ongoing meaningful listing activity taking place on eBid. If all the sellers can keep increasing their offering on eBid, the time will come when there is enough momentum on this site to start pulling in the buyers in a serious way. Selling activity might not be as strong here at present as on some other sites but the listings numbers show that eBid is going in the right direction! I for one am going to put a lot of effort into my eBid Shop over the coming months. I opened it around 2 years ago and have not done a lot with it until now but that is going to change. Collectively, we can all make eBid a big success story - it is not going to happen instantly but if we all keep working at it one day we will be there. The most important thing in the short term is to get the number of listings up. Then people elsewhere on other sites who have been dismissing eBid will have to sit up and take notice. Thanks. Robert
    I know, I really wish people would start BUYING though. It's so frustrating because I list loads of stuff only for it to rattle round and round for days/weeks with people looking but not buying or bidding on it. Some people's items have been rattling round here for YEARS. It's appalling.

Put the same untouched item/s on FleeBay for more money + increased shipping and it sells within hours sometimes!

My loyalties are here but unless people actually start to buy instead of just looking and then going back to Ebay to spend a fortune that they needn't, as a seller's place it is not currently very profitable at ALL.

This is where Ebid really needs to start helping itself now, and us, with a national TV campaign, something that will visually help people sit up and take note.

Forum Newbie
    Wakefield, West Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View smartpricebooks's Feedback (+16)
    All-About smartpricebooks
    View smartpricebooks's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheNose View Post
    I know, I really wish people would start BUYING though. It's so frustrating because I list loads of stuff only for it to rattle round and round for days/weeks with people looking but not buying or bidding on it. Some people's items have been rattling round here for YEARS. It's appalling.

Put the same untouched item/s on FleeBay for more money + increased shipping and it sells within hours sometimes!

My loyalties are here but unless people actually start to buy instead of just looking and then going back to Ebay to spend a fortune that they needn't, as a seller's place it is not currently very profitable at ALL.

This is where Ebid really needs to start helping itself now, and us, with a national TV campaign, something that will visually help people sit up and take note.

Well for me sales are so few on Feebay at the moment due to the way items are showing up in the search, shop items and buy it now new and old mixed together, that i'll be concentrating on eBid listings for now. Sales may be slow here but at least it dosen't cost me to repeatedly relist everytme an item dosen't sell as it does over there. It just feels like i am throwing money away everytime i list on Feebay

Hello TheNose, What you are saying is quite correct. Transaction activity on EBid is not the same as on some other auction sites. It is going to take a lot of hard work to make eBid really take off for the bigtime and to get a lot of buying going on. As sellers our bit is to get the listings going up and to give good quality service to customers. We can also do our bit to spread the word about eBid. Other parts of the eBid story such as M&G will be focussing on getting the IT side and corporate promotion right. The reason why I referred to listings numbers previously is that amidst everything that we are all doing here on a day to day basis, it helps to focus on some of the key performance indicators for the eBid operation to get the wider vision of where we are all really going. Listings numbers are one of the foundation stones for a strong eBid. Without listings growth, eBid cannot expand and be strong. I also referred to listings numbers to try to help raise the spirits of people setting up shops here seriously for the first time and who are finding it not the same as where they have been selling elsewhere. I am sure that the investment of our time and effort in getting our shops up and running will in due course pay off but the returns might not be immediate. But to try to give a positive message, the PowerSellers Unite website is showing eBid UK as having 1,060,295 live listings as at 12.10pm this afternoon. The trend in listings numbers is still up and in the right direction. There is definitely something going on here with listings numbers. If all of us sellers can keep adding to the listings in our stores to make eBid a site that people really really want to come to, then the sales volumes will follow. So please let all the eBid sellers stay positive and focussed on building up eBid as a must come to site.

View victorfrank's Feedback (+160)
    All-About victorfrank
    View victorfrank's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by smokyq View Post
    Hello TheNose, What you are saying is quite correct. Transaction activity on EBid is not the same as on some other auction sites. It is going to take a lot of hard work to make eBid really take off for the bigtime and to get a lot of buying going on. As sellers our bit is to get the listings going up and to give good quality service to customers. We can also do our bit to spread the word about eBid. Other parts of the eBid story such as M&G will be focussing on getting the IT side and corporate promotion right. The reason why I referred to listings numbers previously is that amidst everything that we are all doing here on a day to day basis, it helps to focus on some of the key performance indicators for the eBid operation to get the wider vision of where we are all really going. Listings numbers are one of the foundation stones for a strong eBid. Without listings growth, eBid cannot expand and be strong. I also referred to listings numbers to try to help raise the spirits of people setting up shops here seriously for the first time and who are finding it not the same as where they have been selling elsewhere. I am sure that the investment of our time and effort in getting our shops up and running will in due course pay off but the returns might not be immediate. But to try to give a positive message, the PowerSellers Unite website is showing eBid UK as having 1,060,295 live listings as at 12.10pm this afternoon. The trend in listings numbers is still up and in the right direction. There is definitely something going on here with listings numbers. If all of us sellers can keep adding to the listings in our stores to make eBid a site that people really really want to come to, then the sales volumes will follow. So please let all the eBid sellers stay positive and focussed on building up eBid as a must come to site.
    I do very much agree, especially that at the moment, the number of listings is crucial to the future. At the moment, eBid should be regarded as a mid to longer term 'investment', if you are used to higher volume sales elsewhere.

West Bromwich, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View merlin's Feedback (+3081)
    All-About merlin
    View merlin's Listings
    Forum Posts

excellent words nose
    if your seller+ you have 5 stores most businesses only need 2 or 3 use the other 2 stores also just list anything in them it could help bring you sales to your other stores

also get a signature set up for posting here it can bring in a few sales

list as much as you can don`t just list a few items i barely got a sale until i got over 500 listings on now i get quite a few i also advertise myself around the net only takes half hour a day , if you opened your own website you would need to promote look at ebid like your own site

Forum Saint
    View moonwitch's Feedback (+1616)
    All-About moonwitch
    View moonwitch's Listings
    Forum Posts

Merlin is right when he says we should promote our stores like we would our own websites.

I'm in the process of de-cluttering my flat so I will be adding more listings in the 5th store I have here.

I have my own website too so I promote my stores here in the same way that I promote my own site.

Whenever I open another store here I wizz around the internet and add links to my sites - I have one paid for one and several freebies as well as blogs.

I also add the links to any forums that allow links to stores

I have set myself the target of mentioning eBid's listing numbers at least once a day on feebay Q & A.

I have had 2 'slaps' so far.

I don't want to get suspended though - I still buy on there, and will occasionally list for a fast sale.
    Why not take a quick look at my Stores?

Find all kinds of books HERE

Find 'Plus Size' Clothes HERE

Find NEW tiny Baby Stuff HERE

Find 'Bits & Bobs' HERE

Thread Information