Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: They must be worried

Default They must be worried

I tried to bump an old thread on the other side this morning with a eye catching title about ebid but it got deleted within minutes, didn't get a slap though. Looks like they don't want people coming here.

I have seen a few things about ebid on the OTHER side and not great reviews there either!!

Wish there was an easy way of doing things!!
    LOL
    Rach

Scarborough, North Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View heatemyfather's Feedback (+53)
    All-About heatemyfather
    View heatemyfather's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Glamglass View Post
    I have seen a few things about ebid on the OTHER side and not great reviews there either!!
    What do you expect? Most of the staff there are just Yes Men, the reporters are fleeBay fanboys, anything negative about other auction sites just plays into their hands so stays. They are right about eBid being quiet and not a great profitable venture for most people, but I think most people don't really want that anyway, it's only the artificial furore that surrounded fleeBay that raised price and selling expectations.

As the credit crunch continues people may begin to buy 2nd-hand stuff more instead of new, and that's when fleeBay will become less attractive for buyers (as most of it is new stock) and they will look elsewhere for the bargains.
    My auctions: video games, photography stuff, miniature wargaming hobby bits and pieces
    My eBid stores: Miniature Hobby Store | Old Games
    My eBid adverts page (also home to my free eBid promotional graphics):
    http://www.jonathanmortimer.co.uk/adverts/

The Power Sellers Unite website is showing the number of eBid UK listings as at 4.10 pm this afternoon at 1,040,900. I am checking this number each day and it is quite clear that there is now ongoing meaningful listing activity taking place on eBid. If all the sellers can keep increasing their offering on eBid, the time will come when there is enough momentum on this site to start pulling in the buyers in a serious way. Selling activity might not be as strong here at present as on some other sites but the listings numbers show that eBid is going in the right direction! I for one am going to put a lot of effort into my eBid Shop over the coming months. I opened it around 2 years ago and have not done a lot with it until now but that is going to change. Collectively, we can all make eBid a big success story - it is not going to happen instantly but if we all keep working at it one day we will be there. The most important thing in the short term is to get the number of listings up. Then people elsewhere on other sites who have been dismissing eBid will have to sit up and take notice. Thanks. Robert

View victorfrank's Feedback (+160)
    All-About victorfrank
    View victorfrank's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by smokyq View Post
    The Power Sellers Unite website is showing the number of eBid UK listings as at 4.10 pm this afternoon at 1,040,900. I am checking this number each day and it is quite clear that there is now ongoing meaningful listing activity taking place on eBid. If all the sellers can keep increasing their offering on eBid, the time will come when there is enough momentum on this site to start pulling in the buyers in a serious way. Selling activity might not be as strong here at present as on some other sites but the listings numbers show that eBid is going in the right direction! I for one am going to put a lot of effort into my eBid Shop over the coming months. I opened it around 2 years ago and have not done a lot with it until now but that is going to change. Collectively, we can all make eBid a big success story - it is not going to happen instantly but if we all keep working at it one day we will be there. The most important thing in the short term is to get the number of listings up. Then people elsewhere on other sites who have been dismissing eBid will have to sit up and take notice. Thanks. Robert
    Absolutely agree

I thrid that...Those auction figures are certainly telling us something.

Forum Lurker
    View zapit65's Feedback (+57)
    All-About zapit65
    View zapit65's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by smokyq View Post
    I for one am going to put a lot of effort into my eBid Shop over the coming months. I opened it around 2 years ago and have not done a lot with it until now but that is going to change. Collectively, we can all make eBid a big success story - it is not going to happen instantly but if we all keep working at it one day we will be there. The most important thing in the short term is to get the number of listings up. Then people elsewhere on other sites who have been dismissing eBid will have to sit up and take notice. Thanks. Robert
    I too am working harder this month getting things listed. My goal is 100 items by end of this month. I joined just over 4 months ago and it's taken me awhile to get the hang of things here since obviously it's different than feebay. I don't think they like the fact that anyone is attempting to compete. And they see people leaving. But the more items we get listed here I think it helps.

Keep posting those items up for auction. Together we can do it.
    See all the items up for sale this week at Crazymama's

http://us.ebid.net/stores/crazymamas

View madelaine's Feedback (+5872)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

Not only are listings up but sales are improving already. I'm sooo close to 500 feedback on the id that started from 0. The other one imported feedback so it isn't as good a barometer (but that is growing fast too).
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

[As the credit crunch continues people may begin to buy 2nd-hand stuff more instead of new, and that's when fleeBay will become less attractive for buyers (as most of it is new stock) and they will look elsewhere for the bargains.]

I agree - that Donohoe bloke seems to be very short on brains - trying to eliminate second-han, auctions, and small sellers in the present economic climate.

Although this doesn't sound very nice, I would say 80% of buyers go to auction sites because they are short of money - if they had the cash, they'd buy from shops or established retailers' websites, wouldn't they?
    Why not take a quick look at my Stores?

Find all kinds of books HERE

Find 'Plus Size' Clothes HERE

Find NEW tiny Baby Stuff HERE

Find 'Bits & Bobs' HERE

Thread Information