Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Top Ten Non-Fiction Book Searches...

View iwiw60's Feedback (+761)
    All-About iwiw60
    View iwiw60's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Top Ten Non-Fiction Book Searches...

Ran across this today, thought I'd share:

1. bible 2. chess 3. cookbook 4. catholic 5. civil war 6. weight watchers 7. knitting 8. wyoming 9. lot 10. easton press
    =====================
    So if you have any of the above not yet listed....get busy!!

View pearlygirl555's Feedback (+203)
    All-About pearlygirl555
    View pearlygirl555's Listings
    Forum Posts

I purchased and read a civil war book called "Dearest Susie" at a garage sale. It was a collection of letters from an Ohio civil war soldier to his sweetie during the time of his serivce, and also for a portion of his return journey home. When I decided to sell it I did some research on it to see if there was any historical background I should add to the listing, as this was the only civil war book I'd ever read. It was talked up as being a little unusual as the author had been in the "Western Theatre" during the war, etc., and other copies of the book had brought decent money on feebay. My copy sold for 0.99 and I noticed the buyer had the same last name as the author, and was also from Ohio. Turns out the buyer was the grandson of the author and he purchased the copy from me to give to his daughter; it was kind of fun to be involved in the continuation of their family story.

Perhaps this is the right place to suggest how important keywords are in the title. I am interested in the English Civil War (yes we had one too) but if I use those words as keywords then I almost always find that I miss books because only the title is given, or I if I widen the search to 'civil war' then what I'm looking for is lost among listings for books on the American, Spanish, Irish, and various other civil wars.

Thread Information