My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: No increase in book and magazine listings

I've found the market in fiction hardbacks over here to be just about dead. No one wants them, not even genuine first editions, and I suspect that the ones that they do want are not the sort that you would be selling in quantity.

View klj's Feedback (+3320)
    All-About klj
    View klj's Listings
    Forum Posts

I think that is only true for used hardback fiction first editions - there are still some collectors, but not a huge secondary market. However, more people are buying new firsts, given the discounts on most of the larger book sites (esp. online).

Oh yes, I only get to sell used ones .

Default I think slow buying is a sign of our economies...

I dont know about you guys over in UK or Australis or Canada, but we are getting beat all to hell with OUR GAS PRICES... and I think people are running scared to spend money on what they consider more frivolous items.

Greedbay is certainly being hurt by it all - stock down 50% and auctions have dried up tremendously, though that could be to them temporarily BANNING all the sellers who get a few frivilous negative feedbacks...

I can *tell* people are drooling over my books because I can see how they are being searched. Its not like they are not being looked at... I am trying to get my sellers over here asap from greedbay and some have followed, but they have sent me emails that buying is put on hold right now for money's sake!

Still I would like to plug - THE M-BAG.... its a SUPER CHEAP way to mail alot of books overseas for like $1 a hardback or even less... tons of paperbacks for very little... To qualify for an m-bag the media CANNOT have any advertisements in the items i.e. comics dont qualify, magazines dont qualify, but hardbacks, paperbacks, audiobooks etc.... DO QUALIFY... only drawback is it can take 3 to 5 weeks to arrive in UK... 4 to 6 weeks in Australia - my repeat buyers in Canada have said 2 to 5 weeks also with most arriving in two weeks...

This is great if someone buys in LARGE QUANTITIES - I am hoping some of the dealers overseas for me (I am in USA) - will want to buy alot of first edition science fiction, fantasy, horror, etc. hardbacks in mint or near mint shape to RESELL overseas and will thus make large purchases...

OR MY HOPE AND DREAMS ARE "IF I KEEP LISTING, THEY WILL COME" I.E. also the USA buyers will get WIND of ebid.net - greedback squashes any mention of them overhere in USA - THEY NEED TO ADVERTISE JUST A LITTLE... as everyone is ticked off at greedbay and they are under boycott over here -

A RIVAL AUCTION SITE IS JUST WAITING TO BUST LOOSE in USA.... EBID CAN DO IT PROVIDED THEY DO *SOMETHING* to get the word out - TELL EVERYONE, EMAIL YOUR PAST BUYERS *ONCE* ABOUT THIS WEBSITE - tell your friends and neighbors and ASK THEM TO TELL THEIR FRIENDS AND NEIGHBORS...

we have to get some sort of chain reaction going to get the word out if no advertising in USA (which WOULD/WILL be the largest market for Ebid) but even GREEDBAY had to advertise at the start....

Forum Lurker
    View bedel's Feedback (+8783)
    All-About bedel
    View bedel's Listings
    Forum Posts

As A very new member of Ebid i have a strange feeling this is about to change with the hugh rise in ebay costs just anounced for both the uk and us sites a lot of people will be looking elsewhere to sell I myself have 2 ebay shops which stock over 3000 uk magazines , which due to the price change I am having to dramatically cut and im looking for somewhere to sell them .

All-About klj
    View klj's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bedel View Post
    As A very new member of Ebid i have a strange feeling this is about to change with the hugh rise in ebay costs just anounced for both the uk and us sites a lot of people will be looking elsewhere to sell I myself have 2 ebay shops which stock over 3000 uk magazines , which due to the price change I am having to dramatically cut and im looking for somewhere to sell them .
    Welcome to eBid Bedel! You will find lots of help here to get your stores up and running if you decide to become a seller + member here. Any questions, or to share your comments about 'over there', try the kitchen table forums, as everyone will want to meet you.

Forum Lurker
    View bedel's Feedback (+8783)
    All-About bedel
    View bedel's Listings
    Forum Posts

Talking thanks for the welcome

Thanx klj it will take a little while to get up and running i intend to keep ebay goping for a while but i intend to put flyers in all my ebay sales promoting m ebid shop thus hopefully pulling my customer base slowly over with me by offering discounts to old customers who use my ebid shop

Quote Originally Posted by bedel View Post
    Thanx klj it will take a little while to get up and running i intend to keep ebay goping for a while but i intend to put flyers in all my ebay sales promoting m ebid shop thus hopefully pulling my customer base slowly over with me by offering discounts to old customers who use my ebid shop
    Thanks for the idea! I've been selling on ebay for years, gradually emptying my attic, ie. private seller, but the price hikes are too much since I usually put things on for 99p BIN etc. Not worth selling there anymore after Sept 24th - they only want big businesses. So I'll give ebid a try and hope for the best!

All-About klj
    View klj's Listings
    Forum Posts

For both of you, Bedel and Cidu, you will find lots more tips and ideas on the help forums and the kitchen table. You'll find it much less expensive to open a store here - but the site does take some getting used to when you come from feebay. So be sure to ask any questions (we're friendly).

Smile

I`m also a fairly new member of ebid. I tried it once a few weeks ago, but had no sales, but now with huge fee hike on ebay, I`m going to give it another go as it looks like I might have to close my shop over there. Not many views as yet, but as someone else said, I think there are going to be loads of new sellers here after 24th september, hopefully bringing their customers with them.

Thread Information