Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Star Trek Items

Default Star Trek Items

Hello all,

When I was younger I used to collect everything I could lay my hands on that had anything to do with Star Trek. I still enjoy the shows but I no longer collect anything, I've sorta outgrown that phase of my life.

I am however left with quite a few items that take up a lot of space. I've often thought about selling them but never really got around to do anything about it. My collection includes everything from books and comics to lots of videos (vhs) and even items from Franklin Mint which cost quite a lot at the time. For example I have the 3D chess set as played by Kirk and Spock in the original series and sculptures in glass domes.

Would it be worth listings these items individually for sale on Ebid? I've put some things in the local paper a few times but never really get any interest in them. I've also searched for collectors websites or stores who maybe bulk buy items but I've not found anything like this or even sure such a thing exists.

South Queensferry, West Lothian, United Kingdom
    View HannaHolly's Feedback (+3177)
    All-About HannaHolly
    View HannaHolly's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Darkmast2 View Post
    Hello all,

When I was younger I used to collect everything I could lay my hands on that had anything to do with Star Trek. I still enjoy the shows but I no longer collect anything, I've sorta outgrown that phase of my life.

I am however left with quite a few items that take up a lot of space. I've often thought about selling them but never really got around to do anything about it. My collection includes everything from books and comics to lots of videos (vhs) and even items from Franklin Mint which cost quite a lot at the time. For example I have the 3D chess set as played by Kirk and Spock in the original series and sculptures in glass domes.

Would it be worth listings these items individually for sale on Ebid? I've put some things in the local paper a few times but never really get any interest in them. I've also searched for collectors websites or stores who maybe bulk buy items but I've not found anything like this or even sure such a thing exists.
    Yes it's worth listing-, your items are ideal for ebid, especially as it's free to list here.

I have sold Star trek items on ebid ( books, VHS, old convention programmes plus stuff from the ST exhibition in edinburgh). List your items with at least 8 days to run (set to auto repost) so that they get uploaded by ebid to google products ( for free) and can be found by people searching on google

Scarborough, North Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View heatemyfather's Feedback (+53)
    All-About heatemyfather
    View heatemyfather's Listings
    Forum Posts

Holly is right - if ya don't list 'em you won't sell 'em! You might also try small collector's shops, they will know what things are worth and should offer you a fair price which would allow them to make a little profit.
    My auctions: video games, photography stuff, miniature wargaming hobby bits and pieces
    My eBid stores: Miniature Hobby Store | Old Games
    My eBid adverts page (also home to my free eBid promotional graphics):
    http://www.jonathanmortimer.co.uk/adverts/

I'll certainly do that, I'll need to take inventory of what I have. Most of it is in a cupboard and up in the loft. Once I get things sorted I'll put them up on ebid.

Northampton, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
    View bluebedouin's Feedback (+107)
    All-About bluebedouin
    View bluebedouin's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Darkmast2 View Post
    ..... I've also searched for collectors websites or stores who maybe bulk buy items but I've not found anything like this or even sure such a thing exists.
    I put "Star Trek Forums" into my search engine & there were over ten pages of results.Once you have the items listed you could join a few of these & give a link to them or your store if you go to seller+.

That's a good idea I never really thought about doing that

Take a moment to suss out each forum's attitude to links though darkmast .....some are a bit sniffy about it if your first post is a clear out and out advert...... engage in a few topics first.

having said that some forums don't mind at all....after all you may have something to sell that the admin chaps are after themselves.

if there's ten pages of forums you can bet yer life each one has its own little rules and regs......usually posted up in a sticky somewhere.

good luck ...... popular items like ST are a welcome boost to any auction site as they can attract a wide range of folks through the mall doors......and once they're in they may start looking around for something else.

That's what first brought me to eBid all the way back in 2001. I searched for records (Vinyl) of Star Trekkin Great song. I have at least 2 copies of it on vinyl. Although I did forget about eBid until this year when I came across it again

View JaBek1's Feedback (+25)
    All-About JaBek1
    View JaBek1's Listings
    Forum Posts

I believe I have two of "MR Spock sings Music from Outer Space" LP. Also an 8x10 of the original crew from a convention where I met Gene Roddenbury. I've got Scotty's autograph on a vhs tape box too I believe.
    Dennis

Thread Information