eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Help opening store

Default Re: Help opening store

Quote Originally Posted by Beautbots View Post
    I have had three attempts at opening up a Store without success. I appear to be going in circles. I have downloaded a logo (although it looks a bit scrunched I will tweak after I get the shop set up). Next I put in a store description (less that the max but more than 10). I updated Section 2. Next I was asked to put in Parent Categories (not sure if I did this right). Then clicked online and was told description too short had to be more than 10 characters. It was. When I went to check the description had disappeared, so I put it back in. Updated Section 2 and then clicked online. Was told the select Parent Categories. And so it went on and on. I gave up. Now on thinking I will revisit the Category bit as maybe I have not understood what is required. Has anyone else have this problem and can help?
    Welcome to eBid. If you go to the eBid help button at the top of the forum page you will find some 'how to videos' and some are about creating an eBid store where you can watch how to do it step by step. If you are still having trouble after that then you can email support@ebid.net in case there is a glitch.

Forum Newbie
    Hindmarsh Island, South Australia, Australia
    View Beautbots's Feedback (+3239)
    All-About Beautbots
    View Beautbots's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thank you. I will give that a try.
    All done now. Store is online. However when I click on my eBid Store the listings are there but the photos are not. I have selected Gallery in my store set up. Is there is something else I am missing?
    Last edited by Beautbots; 6th March 2020 at 11:44 PM.

View madelaine's Feedback (+5872)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

Can't see items in your store as they are not available to UK - on the sidebar, photos are showing.
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

You need to select the 'gallery' option on the listings themselves to get a thumbnail photo to show. So go to 'edit' on each listing and make sure the gallery box is ticked and then save.
    In the future you can set this up in your 'defaults' section on your my eBid page so you don't forget along with any other terms and conditions you want shown every time you list something.

Forum Newbie
    All-About Beautbots
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cornishmaid1961 View Post
    You need to select the 'gallery' option on the listings themselves to get a thumbnail photo to show. So go to 'edit' on each listing and make sure the gallery box is ticked and then save.
    In the future you can set this up in your 'defaults' section on your my eBid page so you don't forget along with any other terms and conditions you want shown every time you list something.
    This now means I will be charged 2% FVF for any sales, on top of the upfront fee I have already paid for Seller+ status. Taken the long way round to find that out!!!

This now means I will be charged 2% FVF for any sales, on top of the upfront fee I have already paid for Seller+ status. Taken the long way round to find that out!!!

Yes, what a bargain that is compared to other sites ! eBid have never ever put their fees up since I first joined here in 2005, so once you have recouped you initial joining fee all you pay is 2% each time you sell something. Compare that to how much you would pay on one of the bigger sites on each sale !

Forum Newbie
    All-About Beautbots
    Forum Posts

Yes, what a bargain that is compared to other sites ! eBid have never ever put their fees up since I first joined here in 2005, so once you have recouped you initial joining fee all you pay is 2% each time you sell something. Compare that to how much you would pay on one of the bigger sites on each sale !
    Once I have recouped my initial joining fee I will be able to determine whether or not it was a bargain. Until then....

Once I have recouped my initial joining fee I will be able to determine whether or not it was a bargain. Until then....

Why not offer your items overseas to help speed up sales as your items look quite light in weight ? I'm posting off quite a heavy parcel to the USA tomorrow from an eBid sale so it is worth offering overseas postage.

Forum Newbie
    All-About Beautbots
    Forum Posts

Why not offer your items overseas to help speed up sales as your items look quite light in weight ? I'm posting off quite a heavy parcel to the USA tomorrow from an eBid sale so it is worth offering overseas postage.
    Posting items overseas is difficult for me as I live 25km from the nearest PO where I could lodge items (so a 50km round trip min.) Plus postage is expensive.

View Posbear's Feedback (+43)
    All-About Posbear
    View Posbear's Listings
    Forum Posts

Don't forget that eBid give you 5 stores free, I hate to think what e**y would charge you!
    Graham

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it is about learning to dance in the rain.

Thread Information