eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Dealing with a seller???

Forum Newbie
    View EagleTech's Feedback (+1)
    All-About EagleTech
    View EagleTech's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Dealing with a seller???

Hey everyone, new here trying to transition my business from ebay to here cause im tired of them stealing my profits, lol. Anyway, I made my first purchase from someone on here and then I went to my paypal account and noticed someone from ebay who sent me money from an item won was using someone elses account, so paypal took the money back (no surprise for those who are ebay veterans). anyway, this has screwed me and put me way behind. after i purchase from the ebid seller, i wanted to get a refund like 10 minutes after i paid for the item and they said they already shipped the item (how is that humanly possible)? i asked for a refund cause i checked my paypal account right after i paid for the item and paypal was dealing with the person who used an account fraudulently so my account as now negative. i need a positive balance to use my account so i needed the money back i had sent the ebid seller. so ya, the seller started calling me a scammer and said im making up stories, yet i would have to wait forever to dispute the thing with paypal. i don't know what im asking from the forum here, or what i should do. we're a fairly new business and aren't backed financially to deal with falling behind right now. we were fine until i bought the item from the ebid seller and that fraudulent bidder sent me money that i lost. i know it's not the ebid sellers fault but any suggestions as to what to do if a seller doesn;'t want to give a refund?

South Queensferry, West Lothian, United Kingdom
    View HannaHolly's Feedback (+3177)
    All-About HannaHolly
    View HannaHolly's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by EagleTech View Post
    Hey everyone, new here trying to transition my business from ebay to here cause im tired of them stealing my profits, lol. Anyway, I made my first purchase from someone on here and then I went to my paypal account and noticed someone from ebay who sent me money from an item won was using someone elses account, so paypal took the money back (no surprise for those who are ebay veterans). anyway, this has screwed me and put me way behind. after i purchase from the ebid seller, i wanted to get a refund like 10 minutes after i paid for the item and they said they already shipped the item (how is that humanly possible)? i asked for a refund cause i checked my paypal account right after i paid for the item and paypal was dealing with the person who used an account fraudulently so my account as now negative. i need a positive balance to use my account so i needed the money back i had sent the ebid seller. so ya, the seller started calling me a scammer and said im making up stories, yet i would have to wait forever to dispute the thing with paypal. i don't know what im asking from the forum here, or what i should do. we're a fairly new business and aren't backed financially to deal with falling behind right now. we were fine until i bought the item from the ebid seller and that fraudulent bidder sent me money that i lost. i know it's not the ebid sellers fault but any suggestions as to what to do if a seller doesn;'t want to give a refund?
    Maybe I'm misunderstanding here - but why would the ebid seller give you a refund? You are expected to pay for the item purchased on ebid & your issues with paypal and ebay have nothing to do with ebid.

Forum Newbie
    View EagleTech's Feedback (+1)
    All-About EagleTech
    View EagleTech's Listings
    Forum Posts

Ya you are write in that sense but i should still be entitled to a refund. im just upset cause the ebay bidder has set me back and if the ebid seller is also fraud then i wont be able to make up what i lost and i have to work to get back on track.

South Queensferry, West Lothian, United Kingdom
    View HannaHolly's Feedback (+3177)
    All-About HannaHolly
    View HannaHolly's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by EagleTech View Post
    Ya you are write in that sense but i should still be entitled to a refund. im just upset cause the ebay bidder has set me back and if the ebid seller is also fraud then i wont be able to make up what i lost and i have to work to get back on track.
    Why are you entitled to a refund? You entered into a contract to buy an item on ebid and the ebid seller may have incurred fees. The seller received payment and sent the goods, why should he refund you?

I have no idea what reputation your ebid seller has, however If you want to avoid 'fraud' sellers then the following common sence tips will help:
    • Check the sellers 'about me' page to see what information they give about themselves and their business.
    • Check that the auction is using original photos rather than 'stock' photos, and that the text doesn't look like it's been copy/pasted from elsewhere.
    • Watch out for new ( to ebid) zero feedback sellerswho are trying to sell high value items- with no feedback record to check there is no way to be sure these sellers are genuine.
    • Feedback is the best way to check a seller. if the seller has a feedback record then look to see how many different buyers they've had- and what they've said.
    • Does the seller offer safe payment methods such as escrow?

If in doubt- don't bid

View youmeus's Feedback (+203)
    All-About youmeus
    View youmeus's Listings
    Forum Posts

And, it might be wise not to bid until you have enough money to fall back on.

Ask yourself if you really had to have the items you bid on. At any rate it is not the responsibility of the seller to help you balance your accounts.

Thread Information