Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Gerry & Napier Brooches, anyone know about them?

Question Gerry & Napier Brooches, anyone know about them?

I was going through all my old jewellery yesterday & came across a brooch saying "Napier Sterling" & two stamped on the back "Gerry".

I have tried looking up on google about the designers, but can only find stuff for sale & not details about them.
    Can anyone enlighten me please as a matter of interest?

Thanks Dawn
    Last edited by sparkdeco; 2nd July 2008 at 01:26 PM. Reason: repeated title

View klj's Feedback (+3320)
    All-About klj
    View klj's Listings
    Forum Posts

Dawn -

Gerry's jewelry company is a vintage designer who manufactured vintage costume jewelry between the early 1950s to about 1994. They are known for their whimsical brooches and pins. Does that fit?

Napier Jewelry was first founded in 1875 as Whitney and Rice and then with in 10 years became the E.A. Bliss Co.. Then after World War 1 it became Napier Bliss Co. and in 1922 it became The Napier Co. The mark Napier in block has been used since 1922 till its sale in late 1980s and merchandise was marked Napier in script, the company was purchased by "Victoria & Co". The Napier company was closed by Victoria & Co on 10-15-99. Nothing but excessive stock was last being sold by those dealers that were lucky enought to have it.

Hope that helps.

Hi Klj, thanks for your efforts, I did manage to finally find out some info on Napier, but drew a blank with Gerry's.

I actually have 2 butterfly Gerry's brooches & an unusual Napier one but no idea of how old they might be.
    thanks again
    Dawn x

Thread Information