Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Trying to attract wargamers.

View CrazyJay's Feedback (+149)
    All-About CrazyJay
    View CrazyJay's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Trying to attract wargamers.

I still sell on @@@@, but I also sell on Ebid. I can list for much lower prices there usually, as the listing is free and the final value is only 2%.
    Ebid tends to be more BIN listings than auction style, because there are fewer bidders. Postage on the whole seems much fairer, because sellers are not as inclined to try avoiding high commision charges - (the charges are low enough not to worry about.)
    with Ebid, you can accept money however you want. If YOU prefer to accept PayPal only you can make that decision, it is not forced upon you.
    There are plenty of low priced items, because there is no minimum viable listing price - If an item only warrants 3p commision, that is what you pay. So you don't end up having to pay 40p just to get it seen.
    Currently, there is not enough wargame related stuff listed, but hopefully as more people see the benefits, that will change. There is great potential for Ebid to revitalise that garage / yard sale environment that made @@@@ so enjoyable in the early days.

For those who aren't fussy about filtering what I sell - Take a look at ALL my stuff above. - But for more specific listings, take a peek in the stores below.

TOY-PALLOI - For all sorts of traditional playthings!

THE PAPERBOYS PLEASURE - For Books & Magazines

OUT ON THE FLOOR - For Records - (mainly 1950's - 60's)

VIEWPOINT - Photographic Equipment

THE SCRAPYARD - Spare parts for old cars and bikes

Default Re: Trying to attract wargamers.

Hi:

With the last increase on the other site for auctions, I just gonna come and try ebid. I'm a power seller and top rated there, I hope to do good here. Next weekend I'll be ready to start posting my auctions. I mainly sell painted 28mm and 15mm WW2, 32mm Malifaux figures and random armies/units, that I got or get cheap.

Got a lot of 38 figures Sikh Infantry of WW2 and a German Infantry lot of 36, painted and ready to be listed, a painted Malifaux army and some 1/2400 painted ships. They will be up in no more than 2 weeks.

I saw when I first register here, (not a long time ago), that the for life subscription was 49.99 and now is 74.99. Since many of wbay sellers are merging willing to merge, wouldn't that sale be good to keep for say 15 days? Not sure where I could suggest this but since I was looking for wargaming post and only found this one I posted it here.

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Trying to attract wargamers.

Hi guys
    The membership price is a little confusing when it comes to pounds and dollars.

Also the 74.99 is the normal price, you can get it on "special" for 49.99

Thread Information