Thread: Can you let me know what you think

Forum Newbie
    View MarkyABC's Feedback (+3)
    All-About MarkyABC
    View MarkyABC's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Can you let me know what you think

Hi,

Have started adding things to my store, but wondered if any of you more experienced people on here could let me know what you think as I have only sold one item in 3/4 weeks.

I don't think my prices are to high as i am making very little anyway, but any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks

Marcus

Forum Saint
    Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey, United Kingdom
    View meebo1's Feedback (+7886)
    All-About meebo1
    View meebo1's Listings
    Forum Posts

It's some time since I needed to buy any petfood. But as postage is included the prices seem ok to me. I just wish I could have bought on line when I needed it, rather than loading up the bicycle!

Ok first off on the listing I looked at you say shipped next working day then below within 3 days, so which is it, if you look confused perhaps that may put buyers off. I see you have a zero for feedback so haven't taken the advice to buy a few things to get started, which always looks better. Don't forget it is about as much selling yourself as a seller as the product. Perhaps some reference to previous feedback selling history, just no direct links Have a look at my listings to see what I mean. Hope that helps.
    Ken

For low cost Prints and Affordable Originals just Click the Logo

http://tinyurl.com/39bkpc/images/affordablelogo.jpg
    and check out my other stores

Ken's Cave

Fantastic Fotos Store

Hi Marcus, As ken has pointed out in the past have you emailed your customers to let them know you are here?your listings look fine, I am getting traffic onto my listings with google adwords I have now had 4 sales on here (woop woop) its slow but the more people know about it the sales you will get.My website took 4 weeks before I got my first sale unfortunately you have to go drag the customers here, its not like thiefbay where the sheep are always grazing the grass you need to lower the fence so they can see how green the grass is here.
    Dont give up on it you need to push push push, get on your comp find your customers tell them where you are and make sure your prices are better than theifbays 10p difference will get them in. Get more listings on I need some fish food(flakes only have a few fish,1 tub lasts months if you have any I will buy some). I currently use aquarian flakes 50g tub if you have same or equivelent let me know

I would buy sunflower seeds and niger seeds if the price was competetive with what I pay locally.
    Ken

For low cost Prints and Affordable Originals just Click the Logo

http://tinyurl.com/39bkpc/images/affordablelogo.jpg
    and check out my other stores

Ken's Cave

Fantastic Fotos Store

Mark, I imagine pet food is rather heavy for its price, so postage is a killer? If so, you need to campaign for postcode based searches on this site, so you can improve your chances of selling to locals.
    Click for bargain auctions!

Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

Marcus - without being able to magically upload all your available items sales will always start slow....hopefully with more stuff on the shelves the % of hits/sales will increase.

The OH has just bought two new collars for our muts ....I bauked at paying £10 for each one....... I'm not saying yours are expensive (I have no idea) what I'm saying is that you need to be showing collars (for eg) for every pocket....when you can get to that stage then you have more chance of hooking every type of dog lover.....from me (tight) to my missis (not so tight) to those with more money than sense.

At the moment when my Husky X loses his ten pound coller (as he certainly will in some undergrowth somewhere) I'm not sure you're listing 'my' replacement....but no doubt you will in time and I'll certainly check back in when the time comes....... if you beat £4,25 I'm there!

One other v minor pont.... why not open a seperate shop for the clothes items? If I'm clicking on for pet supplies I'm not wanting to wade through t-shirts (I know you've only got a couple on at the moment but if more are to follow it could become off putting for your pet customers AND t-shirt customers)

Best of luck ....as I say ....two 'potential' customers here who survive on Wilkos' & Tescos' products at the moment.

Newton Stewart, Dumfries and Galloway, United Kingdom
    View nykmedia's Feedback (+922)
    All-About nykmedia
    View nykmedia's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Well said!

Quote Originally Posted by johnwash1 View Post
    Mark, I imagine pet food is rather heavy for its price, so postage is a killer? If so, you need to campaign for postcode based searches on this site, so you can improve your chances of selling to locals.
    I agree with this suggestion and have also made it before - a search for local items offering free collection would be very helpful, but you would then need to split the item costs from postage & packaging. I wouldn't buy retail pet food by post but wouold buy in bulk. (I see you have listed a palletload section - should be interesting to see as I know how much I pay per pallet for delivery.)

My suggestions:
    1. Research and compare the market carefully
    2. Don't waste time listing if you can't compete
    3. Inform all current and former customers
    4. Promote your store
    5. Offer the option for customers to collect (postage free)
    Good luck with your venture on eBid, it's fun here.
    Be my eBuddy - Join eBid HERE

Raising funds to help feed rescue ponies via my eBid Frugaldom store

Still winning with Racing Book Shop

if you sign up to google you can register your site(ie here)and actually rgister your business on the local search within google maps this will give you the local targeting,also sorry to harp on about adwords you can also demographically target in that aswell for a pittance.until local searches are impletented here(didnt realise you couldnt do that..note to self explore this site more) this may be an option for people.

Thread Information