My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ebid can't fail now!

marmalade8a just noticed you are in Taunton, I spent my first 22 years there. Where is your B&M shop?

Hello Gaz,

I know you from there as well, but I have a warning to everone, don't buy from fudgie or you will be hooked....forever :-)

Welcome from crazymama on ebid. Keep posting so we can get over the 1,000,000 mark...
    keep up the good work.
    See all the items up for sale this week at Crazymama's

http://us.ebid.net/stores/crazymamas

Huddersfield, West Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View Huddylion's Feedback (+4843)
    All-About Huddylion
    View Huddylion's Listings
    Forum Posts

Smile Love it

Over here not a biggie like some of you boys and girls, but feel so much better now i have moved over to the brightside
    WOOOOOOOO have just noticed i.m a lurker now not a newbie
    My feedback of
    is 100% positive and has all been earnt here on Ebid

Scarborough, North Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View heatemyfather's Feedback (+53)
    All-About heatemyfather
    View heatemyfather's Listings
    Forum Posts

I agree with one of the posters here - we should not turn eBid into fleeBay, we should also be vigilant for the bad sellers who will no doubt be making a b-line for the other auction sites once they get kicked off fleeBay.

There are a few good features that eBid lacks at present, but I'm sure the powers that be will get to it when they're ready
    My auctions: video games, photography stuff, miniature wargaming hobby bits and pieces
    My eBid stores: Miniature Hobby Store | Old Games
    My eBid adverts page (also home to my free eBid promotional graphics):
    http://www.jonathanmortimer.co.uk/adverts/

Quote Originally Posted by heatemyfather View Post
    I agree with one of the posters here - we should not turn eBid into fleeBay, we should also be vigilant for the bad sellers who will no doubt be making a b-line for the other auction sites once they get kicked off fleeBay.
    I think that ebid becoming like feebay is almost inevitable, providing of course that the universally predicted success of ebid comes to fruition. There is a good chance that ebid might become the victim of it's own success.

What I see happening is a large percentage of sellers from there will have no option but to leave when the crazy new feedback rules catch up with them, and they will of course. This site is the next best option obviously and they will most likely end up here and will most likely behave little differently to how they do at the moment. I have recently seen posts here from unhappy buyers, so perhaps the rot has started.

I am really hoping that this won't affect how things are run here, certainly as far as the feedback aspect is concerned, it's only fair that a seller should be able to leave appropriate feedback for non payers etc. but I wonder if further down the line the feedback rules here might be changed a little, if you asked feebay a year or two ago if they would ever take away the right of a seller to neg a buyer they would of denied it vehemently.

It's a long way off (if ever) anyway, this site won't truly take off without a load more buyers and I can't see too many leaving the other side while they hold the upper hand over sellers, sad but true imo.

If the fourms get like the other site, I will become a lucker & hide under my shell, as for the rest of it, I hope ebid get a handle on it before it starts getting like the other site.

#17 - Impact - Interestingly enough, there have been a lot of posts 'over there' from potential buyers who are getting defeated by the new 'search' inflicted recently.

So buyers may also vote with their feet - some of us keep on trying to send them over here!
    Why not take a quick look at my Stores?

Find all kinds of books HERE

Find 'Plus Size' Clothes HERE

Find NEW tiny Baby Stuff HERE

Find 'Bits & Bobs' HERE

Forum Newbie
    View littleblues's Feedback (+2126)
    All-About littleblues
    View littleblues's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thumbs up Hi all

I too have come from the other side and have to say how things are going over there best well out of it.
    i had a great score of 100% with over 1200 feedback until this week when a non paying buyer left me neutral, and because of the pathetic new rules I can't leave honest feedback, crazy.
    I really hope ebid stay in touch with all it's members and keep it fair for everyone who plays by the rules. Sadly I think the timewasters will end up on here after they are kicked off but everywhere in life has those folks and why ebid allow BOTH parties to leave honest feedback it shouldn't be a problem.

Just hope ebid realise why so many of us are coming over here and learn from the mistakes of the other site as it's really sad when it goes down hill and everyone starts falling out with everyone as they have over there.

I'm sure that everyone here will happily support ebid as long as ebid make sure it's fair for everyone, I hope this site grows into the no.1 auction site and also hope ebid understand what has made it good.

I'm happy to recommend to everyone but the moment it starts to go one sided I'm out!

Well done ebid so far and please please just keep it fair for buyers and sellers, honest feedback is very important to buyers and sellers.

Thread Information