Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Coin Collectors/Sellers-Endangered To Growing Species On eBid

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lm5403 View Post
    Nope. Where is it?

I do appreciate the helpful hints on listing, but I've been doing this for years on many different sites... just not here until now...
    Click on "Quick Links" above; 2 categories down is "Networking" select "Social Groups" . You will see a list of public special interest groups. The name of the group I'm talking about is "Coin Collectors & Sellers On The Ebid Zone"

This public group is designed for people who love dealing with coins, and want to get together to chat about coins; share their interested or their wanteds. Also to get questions about coins answered or share their expertise. All are welcome.

1M5403 could you let me know if you received an email or some type of notification about the group when you can? Thanks!

View lm5403's Feedback (+3379)
    All-About lm5403
    View lm5403's Listings
    Forum Posts

I didn't get any emails, but after reading the above I saw some kind of notification under the Welcome LM5403.
    Life Member American Numismatic Association (ANA)
    Life Member American Veterans (AmVets)
    Life Member Veterans of Foreign Wars (VFW)
    Life Member Fleet Reserve Association (FRA)
    Member Loyal Order of Moose
    Member American Legion

My current auctions http://us.four.ebid.net/perl/main.cg...arch&type=user

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lm5403 View Post
    I didn't get any emails, but after reading the above I saw some kind of notification under the Welcome LM5403.
    May have been an automated response from the social group because you were listed as invited, and once you come the system recognizes it. It's new to me too.

My listings have started!!!!!!!
    Keep watching and tell me if there are any UK coins you are into so I can list them asap for you.
    Cheers

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Very nice troysells4you! I love your oceanview banner & your store's colors. Do you have any pics to add to your auctions. You can add pic with free auctions or add pics with gallery auctions. I'm not terribly knowledgeable about foreign coins in general, but I do like bullion proofs (gold, platinum) foreign or USA.

I want to learn more about foreign coins, and I see involvement with ebid and the various coin/collectible groups helping me to get a better understanding of foreign coins. If you have had a chance to visit my store you will notice I have USA coins, but I have a category set up for foreign coins. I sold the coin I had.

Again, congrats on getting your store & auctions up! Nice Work!

~burgyeb~

P.S. I'm interested in "large lot sales" auction style, low start bid, no reserve" in regards to foreign coins.

Hello!

'Glad to see some more recent posts on this topic. I am almost exclusively into collecting Canadian paper money at present, but I still have some Canadian coins to sell, and would love to do that on eBid. I have already made a post in the Category Suggestions forum asking for a Canadian Coins category because everything that is non-US is lumped into the "Other North American" category at present. It's kind of hard for bidders to take a site seriously when a popular area of collecting like Canadian coins doesn't have its own category, much less any sub-categories.

The Internet auction in all its forms (including FleeceBay) has been an absolute treat for coin collectors. Auctions exposed the serious glut of material that is out there, and prices are quite soft for common material. I'm not overly-optimistic that Canadian coin buyers will be inticed to come to this site. Many larger Canadian dealers operate their own auction and sales sites, and quite successfully at that, so that's another stumbling block. The volume of listings on Fleecebay allows many collectors to not have to venture anywhere else or even patronize their hometown dealers. However, with prices as soft as they are and with FleeceBay fees as high as they are, it's only a matter of time before that auction site flushes itself and collectors can start getting good prices for their coins elsewhere.

Cheers,
    Mark
    ================

The biggest truths are always left unsaid.

The biggest lies are repeated endlessly.

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi marschenegger:
    I saw your post this evening on Category suggestions; and I totally agree with you. I think Canada should definitely have their own category & sub-categories. I have collected a few notes, mainly USA historical note sets. I'm more of a coins collector & seller. I have purchased from Canadian seller's, but only bullion.

My sales on Ebid are somewhat slow, but I'm hoping that will change soon. I added on an additional 6 countries to transact sales. I was trying to be cautious about not adding countries too quickly until I understood shipping regulations & pricing more.

Well again, welcolme aboard, and please list your wares (coins).

~Burgyeb~

Crazymama says hi and welcome to ebid.
    See all the items up for sale this week at Crazymama's

http://us.ebid.net/stores/crazymamas

View FBNeNotes's Feedback (+1108)
    All-About FBNeNotes
    View FBNeNotes's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hello to all... World Paper Money is me
    Much-Many properly Graded Notes I will be offering here.
    Good Luck to all... can make this site a big contender.

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FBNeNotes View Post
    Hello to all... World Paper Money is me
    Much-Many properly Graded Notes I will be offering here.
    Good Luck to all... can make this site a big contender.
    Welcolme To Ebid & To This Thread!

Thread Information