Thread: Collectables vs Porcelain categories

Forum Lurker
    Hull, East Riding of Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View Jays's Feedback (+194)
    All-About Jays
    View Jays's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Collectables vs Porcelain categories

Just wondering, if for example you want to sell a Doulton figure, is it best to list in Pottery Porcelain etc under Royal Doulton figures, or in the Collectables figures category? I know one option is to list an item in both, but that incurs additional fees and times are hard, anyone got any experience, advice or views?

Quote Originally Posted by Jays View Post
    Just wondering, if for example you want to sell a Doulton figure, is it best to list in Pottery Porcelain etc under Royal Doulton figures, or in the Collectables figures category? I know one option is to list an item in both, but that incurs additional fees and times are hard, anyone got any experience, advice or views?
    Hi Jays. I don't think it really matters because if someone is after a particular figure they would do a search for it. I think as long as you have the name of the figure and the HN number in the title then buyers will find it. In the past, on the dark side, I would have a look to see how many of that figure was advertised in each category and choose the one that didn't have so many. As this site is smaller I don't think it really matters until we get a huge flood of china sellers and buyers in, which will be soon I hope!

Quote Originally Posted by cornishmaid1961 View Post
    . As this site is smaller I don't think it really matters until we get a huge flood of china sellers and buyers in, which will be soon I hope!
    I'm in but adding one listing at a time at the moment.

Forum Diehard
    View QCPOTS's Feedback (+52)
    All-About QCPOTS
    View QCPOTS's Listings
    Forum Posts

If you want to do it right,
    list in Pottery Porcelain etc under Royal Doulton figures,

shows,,, you know what you are doing,

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicCollectables View Post
    I'm in but adding one listing at a time at the moment.
    Hi Classic, A warm welcome pleased you have made it across. I came over at the end of February after 4 years over there. You are listing some nice things keep up the good work! Think the pottery and china section is coming on in leaps and bounds now and is looking a lot healthier. I hope it will soon start tempting a load of the buyers across. Good luck with your sales.

Thread Information