eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: General query as to selling books........

Default General query as to selling books........

'lo everyone.

I am new to this site (3300+, 100% pos f/b from feebay) and am in the process of starting to list (well, in the next week or two....) here.

I have browsed, lurked, perused etc the 'book' section, but, no-one seems to be selling anything. There are an awful lot of books listed, but there seems to be a dearth of buyers.

Can someone please reassure me that my observations are incorrect........

rgds / rod

Quote Originally Posted by watchmanrod View Post
    'lo everyone.

I am new to this site (3300+, 100% pos f/b from feebay) and am in the process of starting to list (well, in the next week or two....) here.

I have browsed, lurked, perused etc the 'book' section, but, no-one seems to be selling anything. There are an awful lot of books listed, but there seems to be a dearth of buyers.

rgds / rod
    Books do sell. If you read this thread one of eBids book sellers sold over 100 in May and my book sales are improving.
    http://helpdesk.ebid.net/showthread....926#post657926
    Please Visit my Book Store:

Affordable books Books

Family Members:
    Gothicina

My Children:
    Honehe
    Niffnaff
    Tozcentral

View iwiw60's Feedback (+761)
    All-About iwiw60
    View iwiw60's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hello Rod, and welcome to eBid! I sell books (and other goodies) here, and I've sold several. Just starting out like you, so my best advice is to hang in there...."they will come"!!

Yes, there's a lot of books listed, but that is true of all auction sites. Books tend to be a huge category.

Please put your signature up so we can visit, and best of luck to you with your new venture!

View maplegin's Feedback (+1177)
    All-About maplegin
    View maplegin's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default books

good luck in selling all the seperate listings have been slow but are all now picking up, dont forget to let your old customers no where you now are, and also the fees here are much better.

Welcome, Rod, I think that book sales will always appear to be slow because there are so many published that finding a buyer for a particlar book can take longer than with some other categories. On the other hand, the more the merrier, the more books that are listed the more buyers will come to a site.
    Ebay and Amazon are pricing themselves out with their high fees for selling books, so there is a big gap in the market for a site that offers both free listing and low fees on a sale to let sellers offer good value. Ebid everyone?

I've found that currently everywhere sales of books have collapsed, I don't think the selling platform has anything to do with it, it's just that buying new books is very low on people's list of priorities when money is tight.

I mostly sell on Amazon, and currently we are all around 80% down on normal sales, I'm selling less in a week than I used to do in a day this time last year, its very depressing.

On here, I've sold 4 items in 5 months, but I've only really been building up the stock in the last 4 weeks or so, as I realised that the dark side wasn't going to be viable, or indeed desirable as a selling venue.

I can't see that being here is going to be worse than having my own site, indeed its a better place to 'keep' my listings because it costs me nothing in maintenance and site costs, plus there are a whole load of people all promoting the site - and there is always the chance that I'm going to sell something .

I think it's going to be difficult no matter where you list, we've just got to hang on in there. The advice seems to be keep listing, the more you have listed, the more you are likely to sell something. What I like about being on here is that there seems to be people selling so many different kinds of books, I'm not sure that any of us are actually in competition, which is very good for us and any buyers who might wander along.

View klj's Feedback (+3320)
    All-About klj
    View klj's Listings
    Forum Posts

Smile

'lo everyone.

rgds / rod
    Welcome to eBid! There are alot of BIN auctions on this site, so many more books sell without being noticed the way auctions with bids are noticed. That might explain some of what you are seeing. And still there are titles I've searched for here and not found, so bring them on! Once people can find the titles they want, they will keep coming back and sales will pick up.

South Queensferry, West Lothian, United Kingdom
    View HannaHolly's Feedback (+3177)
    All-About HannaHolly
    View HannaHolly's Listings
    Forum Posts

'lo everyone.

rgds / rod
    I'm pleased to say you're incorrect I sell books here and on Amazon. I've just cancelled my Amazon Pro perchant account it's not worth paying their sellers fees during the summer when sales are low. On ebid I don't pay any listing fees and i get regular sales- both as BIN and as auctions. ( i have three books with bids on just now). My advice is get yourself a seller+ account. prepare a really good 'about me' page, get your feedback started by buying one or two items from other sellers, and get listing! remember to tell your old customers where to find you

Forum Newbie
    View Javaslublu_Books's Feedback (+323)
    All-About Javaslublu_Books
    View Javaslublu_Books's Listings
    Forum Posts

Welcome Rod - the more the merrier!!

We find that the vast majority of our books sell as BINS here, so you won't find that many with bids.

Thread Information