Thread: A bit upset

Forum Newbie
    View clickAcraft's Feedback (+2677)
    All-About clickAcraft
    View clickAcraft's Listings
    Forum Posts

Angry A bit upset

Hello,

I came here like many other from ebay 15 days ago and listed 1000 items.
    I have received 1 order compared to 25 a day on ebay.
    I have just mailed my 5000+ data base and many are saying can't be bothered to register on a new site!
    On top of this I have just realized that as I am in France (with 50% of my customers in France and Belgium, Belgians can't even register!) the French home page opens in english so were is the point of having a ebid France because they don't understand!!On top of that I just listed a front page auction to try and attract new customers and it only shws up on the French front page where no one goes so that was a waste of money!!
    I think ebid should get their act together fast if they want to attract/keep ex international ebay sellers and buyers.
    David

http://uk.nine.ebid.net/perl/main.cgi?type1=a&type2=a&mo=subcategory&categoryid =7368

View Rednosty's Feedback (+998)
    All-About Rednosty
    View Rednosty's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by clickAcraft View Post
    Hello,

I came here like many other from ebay 15 days ago and listed 1000 items.
    I have received 1 order compared to 25 a day on ebay.
    I have just mailed my 5000+ data base and many are saying can't be bothered to register on a new site!
    On top of this I have just realized that as I am in France (with 50% of my customers in France and Belgium, Belgians can't even register!) the French home page opens in english so were is the point of having a ebid France because they don't understand!!On top of that I just listed a front page auction to try and attract new customers and it only shws up on the French front page where no one goes so that was a waste of money!!
    I think ebid should get their act together fast if they want to attract/keep ex international ebay sellers and buyers.
    David

http://uk.nine.ebid.net/perl/main.cg...ategoryid=7368
    While the management Read most of these threads I think you should contact support NOW directly and explain this to them.

Vintage Mechanical and Quartz Watches
    and collectables

Click on the link to enter my store

Why not visit my New Store. Where you will find almost anything

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Rednostys-All-Sorts-Store

View Xaos's Feedback (+7)
    All-About Xaos
    View Xaos's Listings
    Forum Posts

I have responded on your other, identical thread:

http://helpdesk.ebid.net/showthread.php?t=105580

I'm unsure what you would 'report' to eBid, considering that they know the problems with the site in Belgium and France.
    Xaos -pro: kay-os (Gk: Χάος) -n: the primal void; non-linear system sensitive to initial conditions.

Sigil Magick and Chaos Magick - See my eBid listings: http://ebid.xaos.org.uk

Join the Chaos Magick Bebo Group

My Listings

Forum Newbie
    All-About clickAcraft
    Forum Posts

Hello,

Thanks for the advice.
    I did concerning language 10 days ago and was told they would check with technical dpt and so far no response and this afternoon concering "front page auctions" and here is answer just received:

"....Thanks for your mail.The front page listing is only available on your home site country's Front page...."

I seem to remember reading somewhere in conditions that it would go on all the selected home pages we sell to.

David

West Bromwich, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View merlin's Feedback (+3081)
    All-About merlin
    View merlin's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hello,

Thanks for the advice.
    I did concerning language 10 days ago and was told they would check with technical dpt and so far no response and this afternoon concering "front page auctions" and here is answer just received:

"....Thanks for your mail.The front page listing is only available on your home site country's Front page...."

I seem to remember reading somewhere in conditions that it would go on all the selected home pages we sell to.

David
    this is for auction listing formats only the front page is mainly for each country as this is the opening page for most people ,

as for ebid not getting the site in french yet this should have been up and running now so i understand your frustration and as to why belgium was not added with france i just don`t know what was going on there ?

South Queensferry, West Lothian, United Kingdom
    View HannaHolly's Feedback (+3177)
    All-About HannaHolly
    View HannaHolly's Listings
    Forum Posts

Whilst I sympathise that France is one of the beta sites with fewer members, I don't understand why you have started a thread about it? This is information which was available to you when you joined.

If you have only been here 15 days I wouldn't expect you to have made many sales- especially as you have no feedback yet. Ebid is very new to France so you won't see the same number of sales as on ebay.
    On the plus side you are doing the right things, your 'about me' page is well presented, you've listed your items with BINs so they will qualify for ebids free uplift to google ( is google well used in France and Belgium?). You could try listing some items with auction start prices as well as BINs, and have some of them running as 7 day listings (with auto repost) rather than 'run until sold' which are always at the back of the searches, and if you took advantage of the lifetime seller+ you will see ebid continue to expand over the next few years and your patience will be rewarded

Forum Newbie
    All-About clickAcraft
    Forum Posts

Hello,

Thanks for the advice but not a all clear.
    Are you saying that if I list in auction format and not in direct sale this will go on front page of all countries....I don't think so.
    As for opening page, the browser/internet explorer or firefox opens automaticly the country where you are.
    David

Forum Newbie
    All-About clickAcraft
    Forum Posts

Hello Hannaholly stores.
    The reason I started a thread is because I think it shoul be pretty easy to translate the French open page to French, accept Belgian residents (maybe a problem as there is already a different belgian site with same name) and at least let French registered like me offer on front page of ALL the other countries or increase or reduce the fee because not at all same number of viewers.
    David

West Bromwich, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View merlin's Feedback (+3081)
    All-About merlin
    View merlin's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hello,

Thanks for the advice but not a all clear.
    Are you saying that if I list in auction format and not in direct sale this will go on front page of all countries....I don't think so.
    As for opening page, the browser/internet explorer or firefox opens automaticly the country where you are.
    David
    what i am saying is front page auctions are limited to your own country ,as if you look there are only a few slots available on any countries opening page , if these were available to all countries then the front page of ebid would be clusters of small front page auctions

normal auctions are available to list in all countries by selecting where you will ship to

sorry if i m not too clever with help

Forum Newbie
    All-About clickAcraft
    Forum Posts

Hello,

OK,

So why is same fee charged to go on front page of France that no one reads and on US front page that thousands read.
    And also not made clear in conditions because when you list all is seen under same category in every country.
    David

Thread Information