My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Coming from Feepay to eBid.

Hi motorsportsuk OK to help you get started add a signature link to your posts so us nosey lot have an easy link to your items whilst reading the forums, read this thread http://helpdesk.ebid.net/showthread.php?t=100959 I see you've put some info on Your About Me Page so people know about you as a seller. Perhaps buy a few things to kickstart your feedback over here, always looks better than a zero, ( I have some nice cheap prints including schumacher and hamilton) have a look at my listings to see how I dealt with the zero feedback problem when I started.

Then email all YOUR (not Greedbay's they are a venue, they keep telling us) customers, and tell them where you are, give them a link to your listings. Grab the records while you can and from paypal records as well. That should keep you busy for a bit, and shout if you need a hand. Additional body parts incur a small fee Oh and finally read the forums there is a lot of useful information on here.
    Ken

For low cost Prints and Affordable Originals just Click the Logo

http://tinyurl.com/39bkpc/images/affordablelogo.jpg
    and check out my other stores

Ken's Cave

Fantastic Fotos Store

High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire, United Kingdom
    View redkiteshoard's Feedback (+3018)
    All-About redkiteshoard
    View redkiteshoard's Listings
    Forum Posts

Although I only converted a few weeks ago, I am seeing so many new but familiar faces.
    Now we need to start putting some welly behind it and make it start to move.

Quote Originally Posted by kengillam View Post
    Hi motorsportsuk OK to help you get started add a signature link to your posts so us nosey lot have an easy link to your items whilst reading the forums, read this thread http://helpdesk.ebid.net/showthread.php?t=100959 I see you've put some info on Your About Me Page so people know about you as a seller. Perhaps buy a few things to kickstart your feedback over here, always looks better than a zero, ( I have some nice cheap prints including schumacher and hamilton) have a look at my listings to see how I dealt with the zero feedback problem when I started.

Then email all YOUR (not Greedbay's they are a venue, they keep telling us) customers, and tell them where you are, give them a link to your listings. Grab the records while you can and from paypal records as well. That should keep you busy for a bit, and shout if you need a hand. Additional body parts incur a small fee Oh and finally read the forums there is a lot of useful information on here.
    Thansk very much I am just about to add a sig now.

Also on the 0 FB thing, i will have a look round and maybe buy something, i am still getting used to it here, i must admit i am really impressed, and really hope this place gets bigger

I have sent an email to all of my feebay customers, and also have sent an email to some of my website customers, i am prepared to sacrifice a few on there if it means it spreads the word for this place!

And an extra fee? Grr thts why i came here, if there is im off
    Last edited by Motorsportsuk; 12th June 2008 at 04:49 PM.

Ah yes, but the extra parts are real quality items have a look at this
    http://uk.four.ebid.net/perl/auction...9-4&mo=auction
    Ken

Ken's Cave

Fantastic Fotos Store

Grr why post that, i am so tempted to buy it!! lol

Im guessing that is from the 05 season.

I would but have just spent £50 on here for the seller account, and just cleared out my paypal account, i had let it go over £300 and i never do that!

Forum Newbie
    Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, United Kingdom
    View nottinghamlass's Feedback (+9)
    All-About nottinghamlass
    View nottinghamlass's Listings
    Forum Posts

I've finally made the jump over, not just because of the fees but also because the recent feedback changes mean I could lose my business there overnight from a few bad buyers, a missing mail sack, a run of bad luck, or anything else that I can't think of at the moment LOL!

As a high volume seller over there it is rather scary at the moment. I have a website and also do direct sales so I have a bit of a cushion but the turnover from over there would leave a big hole if it disappeared overnight so it is sensible to cover as many bases as possible.

Yep, help build the alternative over here, so when the axe does finally fall over there, it won't matter.

With good fortune and hard work, this site will be the equal in traffic as the dark side was before they started doing nasty things to it.

Forum Newbie
    All-About nottinghamlass
    Forum Posts

Let's see if I've followed the signature instructions properly?

Forum Newbie
    All-About nottinghamlass
    Forum Posts

OK - halfway there - the picture disappeared??

Being called for Heroes no though so will have to try again later :0)

Hi Nottinghamlass welcome to ebid, can I suggest that you sign up for Google Checkout I reccomend that as my preferred payment system, and offer that as a payment alternative, as not many folk use Nochchex, although I do offer that as well as on my listings. Also suggest buyigna few things to kick start your feedback always looks better than a zero, and have a look at my listings to see how I dealt with the feedback problem.
    Ken

Ken's Cave

Fantastic Fotos Store

Thread Information