Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Coming from Feepay to eBid.

Forum Newbie
    All-About timbodude
    View timbodude's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Coming from Feepay to eBid.

Hi People,

After selling on feepay for over 7 years i've decided to come over to ebid to check it out and list a few things.

I have a good feeling regarding this site and forums.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by timbodude View Post
    Hi People,

After selling on feepay for over 7 years i've decided to come over to ebid to check it out and list a few things.

I have a good feeling regarding this site and forums.

Thanks
    Hi and welcome to ebid hope you have success here.
    Last edited by stampsulove; 27th November 2008 at 02:29 PM.
    Myositis in Focus : my website on the awareness of the Muscle inflammatory disease

My Daily Journal : my Daily Blog " Living with Dermatomyositis

Years Gone By My Genealogy and Family History store

welcome

Reincarnation is just another repeat

View Opis's Feedback (+664)
    All-About Opis
    View Opis's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi timbodude

You'll find there are loads and loads of feebay refugees on here so you're not alone!

Ebid is a bit different to navigate than feebay, but once you get used to it most find it miles quicker and easier. These boards are a goldmine of info if you get stuck, and very friendly too

Remember to tell your customers where you are going - some sellers on here entice their feebay buyers with slightly cheaper items here and it seems to work

I'm starting to wonder if feebay will have any sellers left by Xmas

its an uplifting place to be op.welcome.

Reincarnation is just another repeat

Hi timbodude welcome to eBid, OK to help you get started add a signature link to your posts so us nosey lot have an easy link to your items, read this thread http://helpdesk.ebid.net/showthread.php?t=100959 then fill in some info on Your About Me Page. Perhaps buy a few things to kickstart your feedback over here ( I have some nice cheap prints ) have a look at my listings to see how I dealt with the zero feedback problem when I started.

Then email all YOUR (not Greedbay's they are a venue, they keep telling us) customers, and tell them where you are, give them a link to your listings. Grab the records while you can and from paypal records as well. That should keep you out of the pub for a bit, and shout if you need a hand. Additional body parts incur a small fee
    Ken

For low cost Prints and Affordable Originals just Click the Logo

http://tinyurl.com/39bkpc/images/affordablelogo.jpg
    and check out my other stores

Ken's Cave

Fantastic Fotos Store

Forum Lurker
    View zapit65's Feedback (+57)
    All-About zapit65
    View zapit65's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hey, morgana77, I am still selling on feebay as well. Much as I'd like to drop it altogether there's just no denying the amount of traffic they get and I have some items I need to move out faster. Some things I don't mind keeping in stock indefinitely and they go in my store here. Also my customers get a notice in their package about my ebid store and I have had some response that they will look and likely buy from me again in the future. Who knows when that will be but it's encouraging.

I disagree with you about the fees over there as being reasonable. That's why they are driving so many of us, especially small time sellers away.

Hey I love your wrist warmers. I'm a knitter and crafter too so I appreciate hand made items.
    Last edited by zapit65; 3rd June 2008 at 06:36 AM. Reason: misspelling

View morgana77's Feedback (+12)
    All-About morgana77
    View morgana77's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Traffic

It also very much depends on us the sellers being buyers. The more we buy ourselves here, the more the sellers will list hence attracting more buyers. People always complain about traffic being low on other sites, so if everyone brings two three buyers there will be as much traffic as downtown Manhattan. I am a very small seller, but still see other sites fees reasonable, cause they bring me the sales. Plus i really like that eBay lowered listing fees (and made Gallery free) with higher FVF so i have less to lose then before if item doens't sell (and if it does, i will be happy to pay for this sale even though it's more then elsewhere) I wish there are no fees, but everything is going up (gas, food, houses, just about everything), its called inflation and eBay's fees didn't go up as high as other items i mentioned
    Id like to see that there are other sites besides eBay expanding to bring some competition. Although I dont think eBay will be lowering teh fees when they get competition, people will at least have choices !!! And that's great
    morgana77
    www.marhababambinas.blogspot.com

Handknit gloves and wrist warmers - check my Adoption fundraising store Knitter's Attic

Quote Originally Posted by morgana77 View Post
    I came from eBay too, but I kept my business there as well, after all, eBay does still get lots of traffic and sales. It's great to try a new site but rather then move my business completely, I see it as an addition to my sales on other sites. I don't, though, buy from sellers who call eBay 'feebay" or complain on other sites about it, because it did and will provide lots of good sales. Since they do have the most traffic, the fees, I think, are reasonable. Good luck with your sales and welcome again !
    Morgana
    Morgana, we call the other site, feebay, wepay or any other name on the forums, because everytime its name is mentioned on a thread, it helps promote it, when google indexes our forums.

This is eBid why would we want to promote over there?

BTW feebay didn't make gallery free in the UK, only your side of the pond.
    Last edited by Gothicina; 2nd June 2008 at 03:30 AM.
    Gothicina.

MAHATMA GANDHI - "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way in which its animals are treated."

My Stores
    Gothicina Labels | Gothicina's Web - for eBid Auction Templates & Store Banners.

My Alter egos
    Kewtonia Books | Kewtonia's Klutter | Kewtonia Magz

Family
    Leadhillsonline | Honehe
    Tozcentral | NiffNaff
    SynysterChambers | Goldenboys13

Free eBid Banners | Free YDC Teddies | Charity Listings YDC Teddy Templates

Quite right Gothchina calling £b*y by its proper name is a complete no-no on this forum and should remain so for the reason you give.

A warm welcome to timbodude - the very best of luck to you and thanks for giving e-Bid a go............ be prepared for the possibility of a slow start (I think we went two /three weeks without a sale) but if you take some of the very helpful advice scattered about this forum (starting with Ken's on this thread) then things will hopefully begin to move for you.

Thread Information