eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ebid vs The other Demonic auction site?

Forum Newbie
    View gjwatches's Feedback (+8)
    All-About gjwatches
    View gjwatches's Listings
    Forum Posts

Question Ebid vs The other Demonic auction site?

Hello all.

I am sick to death of the "OTHER" auction site and their ridiculous feedback and fee rules. Having built a business with a £60,000 per annum turnover on there for many years they have knocked me down on these policies.....so here I am.

Can someone tell me the differences I am going to find with ebid and what I can expect of prices my items will reach compared the them. I have started with one listing to see how it fairs and will switch all listings to continue with ebid depending on the success. How many other success stories are there out there? Is there a big international interest? Obviously this business is my income and need to make the correct decisions.

Thanks in advance

Pontefract, West Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View astro941's Feedback (+27)
    All-About astro941
    View astro941's Listings
    Forum Posts

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by gjwatches View Post
    Hello all.

I am sick to death of the "OTHER" auction site and their ridiculous feedback and fee rules. Having built a business with a £60,000 per annum turnover on there for many years they have knocked me down on these policies.....so here I am.

Can someone tell me the differences I am going to find with ebid and what I can expect of prices my items will reach compared the them. I have started with one listing to see how it fairs and will switch all listings to continue with ebid depending on the success. How many other success stories are there out there? Is there a big international interest? Obviously this business is my income and need to make the correct decisions.

Thanks in advance
    Hi, I commiserate with you in regard to the afffect of polices that have affecteed your listings. Why do you expect your income to be maintained by another auction site? This site is a different market place and here your experiences will be pretty much as you started on the darkside with low feedback except the site has an equitable feedback system, a community and is established. It is up to all of us to develop our businesses by which ever way we choose. You may wish to check out my feedback at the dark side where I was also astro941 and if you want a laugh look at the 'my world page' as hopefully some of my former customers will, indeed have.

I have sold 9 items since 'landing ' here in April so yes there are buyers but you must realise that you can list here for very little in overhead and therefore you must bring buyers here to be successful. 5 of the sales went to US so there is an International viewing .

My opinion is that if you stay with dirtybay, as I am fond of calling them, your business will seriously be affected by 4 fundementals:

1. Receiving negative or neautral (fair or unfair) feed back and losing your FVF discount.

2. Dirtybay and feepal fees will affect your profits adversely.

3. Buyit.com or similar will compete with your product and adversly affect your business which has higher overheads than buy.com.

4. Can you trust dirtybay to give your product equal visibility?

This of course must be balanced by the footfall provided less the effect of policy changes, lack of customer service and the fear syndrome that has been created.

You may wish to learn from the other sellers on this site, there are many way in which to advance a business here and don't forget, to parachute in with 1 item to any where is rather like opening a high street shop with say 1 gold ring and then make a judgement on the result. You may list hundreds of products here virtually free of cost, from a marketing view point I feel that this brilliant. If I had thousands of products I would list them here, I find maintaining my listings easier than at dirtybay and once the learning curve levels off it you may feel the same to you. Use paypal to email all of your customers on dirtybay to advise them of any relocation or promotions etc.

My other comment is that many people, including myself, have learned that to put all of your eggs in 1 basket is foolhardy and for the independant sole trader many online venues may be necessary, even dirtybay but primarily to direct customers to new and less costly - to them - products at other online venues such as this. I hope you have every success here and I wish you luck for the future.

Regards

Les Smith

I never thought about this untill recently but many people seem to alway say that all the recent changes will benefit buyers as they are the people that feebay treat like gold. But in actual fact, the more people that know about that place the more competition buyers face when bidding for items. I remember my first purchase on this site was a rare item that sold to me for 99p but if it had been listed on the other side, there would have been a huge bidding war and probably priced me out of the market. I think feebay is just overated like celebrities. The only people that benefit are the shareholders not buyers and sellers.

View Opis's Feedback (+664)
    All-About Opis
    View Opis's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi gjwatches, great to have you here

astro941 post says it all really, eBid is different and you have to work and plug yourself hard to get buyers, but they ARE here!!

The seller+ offer on at the moment is perfect for new ebid traders. For 50 quid you can list for next to nothing, or even free. The more items you put on here the more visable you are.

You obviously have a good business over on feebay, so maybe you could let your new and existing customers know you are moving to another site, and possibly list your item for slightly cheaper here to get them coming over and buying.

I've had more questions & interest from overseas buyers here than anywhere else on the internet, though my buyers have all been from this country so far.

As a seller ebid is different to feebay to nagivate, so it takes a little while to get used to that (these boards are very helpful if you get stuck). However once used to it, most people find it much quicker & easier to use than feebay.

Hope this helps

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Took me a couple of days to find my way around here - it's a doddle now

Forum Newbie
    View Sagerosesattic's Feedback (-76)
    All-About Sagerosesattic
    View Sagerosesattic's Listings
    Forum Posts

Wink Converting my Ebay Store to Ebid..New and Saying Hello!

Hi Everyone..I have been a Ebay seller for a total of 10 years now and also have been fed up with the High Seller Fees and Unfair Seller Practices..And thanks to a wonderful friends suggestion found Ebid and have just started to import my Ebay store items to Ebid..

Love the ease of listing and user-friendly sites and have snooped around and found some wonderful stores and sellers!!

We sell Vintage Costume Jewelry. I just opened a store..If you have any suggestions for this newbie, please let me know..

Looking forward to meeting you!!

Bobbie
    Sage Roses Attic

http://us.ebid.net/stores/Sage-Roses-Attic
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Sagerosesattic; 4th June 2008 at 08:01 AM.

View Opis's Feedback (+664)
    All-About Opis
    View Opis's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi Sagerosesattic!

There's loads of us newbies on here so you're not alone - pull up a pew and have fun joining in

Just had a peek at your shop and it looks gorgeous, good photos and fine descriptions.

The one thing that sticks out is the fact you aren't using a gallery picture for a lot of your auctions. When browsing, people tend to skip over items with no photo display - (I know I do!).

Research shows that our eyes are immediately drawn to curves and colour images (like photos), rather than straight lines and neutral tones (like in a no photo/ gallery list). You have such well presented auctions, it would be a shame if no one even saw them because they skipped over your items on the items list page. For the sake of only 2% FVF I reckon it's worth it.

Other than that i think your auctions are great - hope you sell loads

Rhondda Cynon Taf, Rhondda Cynon Taff, United Kingdom
    View Trinakarenmille's Feedback (+2574)
    All-About Trinakarenmille
    View Trinakarenmille's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi all the new sellers.

Have a look on the threads for sellers who are offering to put your shop store banner on their web sites.
    Free advertising.

There is a thread where posters have put lots of good tips, worth a read.

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Trina-Kare...igner-Auctions

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Trina-Kare...ntage-clothing

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Trina-Kare...e-Collectibles

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Trina-Kare...Vintage-Crafts

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Trina-Kare...tage-Bookstore

Forum Newbie
    View Sagerosesattic's Feedback (-76)
    All-About Sagerosesattic
    View Sagerosesattic's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thumbs up Thank you Opis for the Suggestion!!!!

Thank you so much Opis!!I agree with you..I am closing the ones that don't have the "Gallery" feature and listing similiar and they look so much better!

The fees are so much cheaper than "Feebay" and I had to get use to how to use the Gallery and functions but will post in all my future auctions the "Gallery" option!!

I should have thought about the eye grasping the pics first.. I guess I wasn't thinking that one out completely.Plus I have to laugh ...I couldn't find my own auctions that fast on my auction page without the pics!! So you are right and I really appreciate you pointing that out to me!!

Thank you for the kind compliments..Still plugging away and will list more when I rest!! Looking forward to reading the other forums and suggestions and meeting sellers!!! I already feel very welcomed here!!

Finally auctions are going to be fun again!!

Blessings to All!!

Bobbie

Attached Images Attached Images  

East Ayrshire, East Ayrshire, United Kingdom
    View sweetpea40's Feedback (+10)
    All-About sweetpea40
    View sweetpea40's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default more please!

JUST BEEN ON YOUR STORE out of nosy nose ness.....more please....your store is lovely and list and keep listing will keep you as a favourite. I make my own jewellery to sell but also collect vintage jools....lovely...stuff.

Sam x

Quote Originally Posted by Sagerosesattic View Post
    Thank you so much Opis!!I agree with you..I am closing the ones that don't have the "Gallery" feature and listing similiar and they look so much better!

The fees are so much cheaper than "Feebay" and I had to get use to how to use the Gallery and functions but will post in all my future auctions the "Gallery" option!!

I should have thought about the eye grasping the pics first.. I guess I wasn't thinking that one out completely.Plus I have to laugh ...I couldn't find my own auctions that fast on my auction page without the pics!! So you are right and I really appreciate you pointing that out to me!!

Thank you for the kind compliments..Still plugging away and will list more when I rest!! Looking forward to reading the other forums and suggestions and meeting sellers!!! I already feel very welcomed here!!

Finally auctions are going to be fun again!!

Blessings to All!!

Bobbie

for all your sparkle visit my store handmade jewellery updated daily and weekly

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Sams-Sparkles

Thread Information