Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Militaria Collection

Forum Newbie
    All-About Praetor88
    View Praetor88's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Militaria Collection

Hello I am new here, heard that the community are friendly and helpful so I joined.

I have started collecting Militaria recently, I acquired an Enamel Badge of late which was given the title "C.E.E. FOR SERVICE AT THE FRONT ENAMEL BADGE" at the auction. On the back there is an issue number and stamped in is this message "Penalty for misuse is 500 dollars or six months imprisonment" Which suggests to me that it is from a commonwealth nation such as Australia or New Zealand?
    I have attached a photo of the item and would like to know if anyone has any information on it? Also a value on it would be helpful too.

I also have a collection of roughly 300 German WWII photographs which are all from 1939-1942 with a few from 1943 from various locations varying from France to the Balkans and beyond. I have four British photographs too from the war in North Africa and one from the liberation of Vienna depicting A British, American, French and Russian General with each nations flag behind them.
    Most of the photos have personal writing on the back with names, locations and dates which add a special touch to them.
    I have three German Feldpost letters to their family members back home, a German friend read them to me in English one time and they were indeed very powerful and moving, getting the information from the average German is more refreshing than getting the usual bias thrown down you're throat!

I personally feel that I cannot place a value on these historically significant pieces and eventually will be donating them to a well respected Museum for their archives.

I have a few items from aircraft too such as a fuel gauge reader from a B-17, an air pressure gauge from an unknown aircraft and a tail trim gauge from a Phantom. My prized possession however is my Rolls Royce unknown Spitfire item which has not been opened since its day of production. These all look great on the mantle and make great talking points! Yet again value is unknown on these items.

I have various regimental badges too, I have an original U.S Airborne Paratroopers badge with the markings Meyers N.Y on the back. I have two subdued Airborne badges which are from the Vietnam era (I think)
    both with numbered markings on the back. I have a British Glider Regiment badge and various Russian Red Stars with the Communist insignia on them. One has crossed rifles.

I have a few more items but not enough time to type them all out! Just wanted to share it with my fellow collectors as I rarely get to show people them which is a great shame as these important pieces deserve our attention.
    My Grandfathers and Great Grandfathers all served during WWI and WWII and their stories have always fascinated me and motivated me to look into these two major events in our history so I owe it all to them.
    Thanks for your time and I would love to hear about you're collections too!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

It's Canadian, WW I: Army Class "A":
    Awarded to those who saw service at the front.

Perhaps it's not a bad idea to get rid of this thread. Apparently Praetor dropped by back in May, is not a Seller, does not check the Forums and more than likely is not a Buyer. Seems he just had some questions but didn't know how to Google.

" Those who beat their swords into plowshares usually end up plowing for those who didn't. "
    Ben Franklin

http://us.ebid.net/stores/JerseyDevi...-and-Militaria

http://us.ebid.net/stores/JerseyDevil-COMICS

http://us.ebid.net/stores/JerseyDevi...CTCs-and-Games

Thread Information