eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: newbie in new store

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Smile newbie in new store

Hi, I'm still new, so I'm back here again today. I receive alot of help in my last thread & I was finally able to get my new store online. I came back because the solution to my last question has lead to new questions.

1) My store has a few auctions; I was able to retrieve the store when I searched in collectibles, but when I came to the page with the other stores I didn't have any auctions listed next to my store. How come?

2)How do I get links for "my buddy points", "eBid banners", "my external website" and other kinds of links. I've read a little about links, but where is the best place to get good imfo on uploading & proper use of links?
    ALSO are we allowed to have affiliate links on eBid?

3)Where is the best place to get imfo on "bulk uploading"?

Thank you for your help with these questions.

Quote Originally Posted by burgyeb View Post
    Hi, I'm still new, so I'm back here again today. I receive alot of help in my last thread & I was finally able to get my new store online. I came back because the solution to my last question has lead to new questions.

1) My store has a few auctions; I was able to retrieve the store when I searched in collectibles, but when I came to the page with the other stores I didn't have any auctions listed next to my store. How come?

2)How do I get links for "my buddy points", "eBid banners", "my external website" and other kinds of links. I've read a little about links, but where is the best place to get good imfo on uploading & proper use of links?
    ALSO are we allowed to have affiliate links on eBid?

3)Where is the best place to get imfo on "bulk uploading"?

Thank you for your help with these questions.
    Hi burgyeb, A warm welcome to eBid. I don't know if you have already got any of the answers but I'll do my best. I've only come back here a couple of months ago myself so still finding things out! Best to ask questions about the site in the forums above as you will be spotted a lot quicker.

Anyway I just had a look at your store in the store section and it is showing fine with 53 auctions beside it. When you first open a store and start to put your items inside it will still show the (0) setting until the site is refreshed. All the numbers on the site are updated 2 or 3 times a day.

Next you will find your buddy point link on your eBid page. Just go into your buddy points section, on the right hand list, and if you scroll half way down the page you will spot the link. You can then copy and paste it.

Ebid logos, banners, etc - have a look in the Promoting eBid & your eBid Stores forum there are some things there that you can use.

As for other links I think you will find this thread helpful.
    http://helpdesk.ebid.net/showthread.php?t=100959

I know you are not allowed to put ecommerce links onto the site as it takes business away. Certain other links are allowed on your home page but I would have a check on the help page first.

As for the bulk uploading I'm afraid I'm not much use as have never used it. I know there is a new lister in the process of being designed at the moment which should be ready soon. People have said that it will be much easier to use than the existing one so you might like to wait a while until that appears rather than learn two lots of instructions.

Hope some of this has helped.

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thank you cornishmaid for your help. I plan to look into your answers about the buddy link and other imfo. Thank you.

My pleasure. Good luck with the selling!

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Buddy Link Help "Test"

Thank you cornishmaid for your help. I plan to look into your answers about the buddy link and other imfo. Thank you.

Hi, Did I do my buddy link right? Thank You!
    Nice selection of books & jewelry cornish maid.

Hi, Did I do my buddy link right? Thank You!
    Nice selection of books & jewelry cornish maid.
    Thanks burgyeb - always willing to pack things together to lower postage cost!
    I can't see your buddy link anywhere. Where did you put it, was it on your about me page? Have a look at my page I've stuck mine on the bottom of the blurb about me. You have to go into your Ebid page and edit your about me page to paste it in.
    Last edited by cornishmaid1961; 4th June 2008 at 08:24 AM.

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi Cornishmaid:

I like your buddy insert. I always have trouble trying to cut & paste. Did the best I could. How do I remove that X box next to the buddy link in my About Seller Page. The X box is suppose to be a smile, but got message that it's not available or something like that. Thanks!

Hi Cornishmaid:

I like your buddy insert. I always have trouble trying to cut & paste. Did the best I could. How do I remove that X box next to the buddy link in my About Seller Page. The X box is suppose to be a smile, but got message that it's not available or something like that. Thanks!
    Hi burgyeb, The link you have put on is just the main site link. What you need is the buddy point one which has your user name in it. Open up your buddy points section on your eBid page then scroll halfway down the page you will see it looking like this ( but with your name of course!!!)

Your Buddy Link is

http://uk.ten.ebid.net/perl/normal.c...=register-main

Advertise this link and your referrals will earn you Buddy Points. Add it to your email signatures, forum signatures or on your website.

Just go back in to edit your home page and highlight the link that is there, including the missing smiley, then press your delete key that will take it out. You can then paste in the proper buddy link.

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default buddy link redo

Quote Originally Posted by cornishmaid1961 View Post
    Hi burgyeb, The link you have put on is just the main site link. What you need is the buddy point one which has your user name in it. Open up your buddy points section on your eBid page then scroll halfway down the page you will see it looking like this ( but with your name of course!!!)

Your Buddy Link is

http://uk.ten.ebid.net/perl/normal.c...=register-main

Advertise this link and your referrals will earn you Buddy Points. Add it to your email signatures, forum signatures or on your website.

Just go back in to edit your home page and highlight the link that is there, including the missing smiley, then press your delete key that will take it out. You can then paste in the proper buddy link.
    Hi Cornishmaid!
    I think I have it right this time. Thanks for all of your help and patience.

Hi Cornishmaid!
    I think I have it right this time. Thanks for all of your help and patience.
    Yep it's working fine! Good luck with the sales & buddy points. If you have come across from greedbay then contact your old customers with that link to tell them where your new home is !

Thread Information