Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 74 of 98 FirstFirst ... 24646566676869707172737475767778798081828384 ... LastLast

Thread: What book are you reading at the moment

Forum Saint
    View adruml's Feedback (+1138)
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: What book are you reading at the moment

The Big Book of Law A collaboration by Dewey, Cheatem & Howe

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by adruml View Post
    The Big Book of Law A collaboration by Dewey, Cheatem & Howe
    LOL! Too true!

Best wishes for many sales to all,

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by suesjools View Post
    Kimbo, it must be great fun working in a bookshop, I used to visit the local regularly when I had spare $ and always envied the folks in there with their coffees who seemed to be having a wonderful time. I'm sure there are down sides of course, as with any job, but as a buyer all I saw were the positives. ,
    I love it. And am thrilled that my agreement has been extended/made indefinite. I was taken on for one day a week, then asked to do a second just for July/August. I've today been asked to make the two days until the end of the season (end Oct) then switch to one day a week in the warehouse doing online type stuff till the season starts next year. Brilliant. Not sure about a down-side... Except for rather long days in the hols, and having to wait until the shop's empty for locking the door and rushing for a wee it's my idea of heaven.

All-About suesjools
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    I love it. And am thrilled that my agreement has been extended/made indefinite. I was taken on for one day a week, then asked to do a second just for July/August. I've today been asked to make the two days until the end of the season (end Oct) then switch to one day a week in the warehouse doing online type stuff till the season starts next year. Brilliant. Not sure about a down-side... Except for rather long days in the hols, and having to wait until the shop's empty for locking the door and rushing for a wee it's my idea of heaven.
    Ooh, I am jealous, loving books as much as I do. Have applied at some of local bookshops for work, but unfortunately nobody's hiring at the moment. Oh well, I can wait and dream.

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by suesjools View Post
    Ooh, I am jealous, loving books as much as I do. Have applied at some of local bookshops for work, but unfortunately nobody's hiring at the moment. Oh well, I can wait and dream.

At risk of making you explode with jealousy... they asked me!

All-About suesjools
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    At risk of making you explode with jealousy... they asked me!
    Sound of loud explosion...

Northampton, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
    View gyronny's Feedback (+1772)
    All-About gyronny
    View gyronny's Listings
    Forum Posts

Got 3 on the go at the moment

Sworn Sword by James Aitcheson
    Fall Of The West by Adrian Goldsworthy
    Shadow Of The Silk Road by Colin Thubron

And I've just got the new Christian Cameron and the latest Merrily Watkins book by Phil Rickman. Heaven!
    My TBR pile never seems to get any smaller, I think I'll have to stay in bed for a week or so and try to catch up on my reading.
    Better start making sandwiches and a flask of coffee

View HerMajesty's Feedback (+1863)
    All-About HerMajesty
    View HerMajesty's Listings
    Forum Posts

Betty Crocker......trying to get ideas for supper.
    Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

Slide Inn for Vintage 35mm photographic slides
    https://uk.ebid.net/stores/Slide-Inn

ALSO!! Click below to see my store, THE BEE'S KNEES!
    https://the-bees-knees.ebid.net

Forum Master
    Penarth, The Vale of Glamorgan, United Kingdom
    View Salomina27's Feedback (+273)
    All-About Salomina27
    View Salomina27's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DZAMBO View Post
    Well…right now I am on ‘’Third World America’’ by Arianna Huffington…and by the way, why all the time people who lives in Europe in small country long time ago or just come in here before couple years always can see clearly and explain what is going on in here and have knowledge much more from peoples who are born in here or live in here in the last 80 years or around that….and many from Europe especially from small countries make nice life in here and become good in business or regular jobs…I think because exactly like that peoples understand how this system for real work and is not easy to take this peoples in the ‘’trap’’ or put him in debt for rest of life….The book is not masterpiece because of theme but is real explanation day to day what you can expect for real….I don’t like much ‘’fantasy’’ books I rather stay in earth and read stuff which can help you or be ready if coming on you any time instead of fantasy which is not true and fantasy will never help you or come on you…is just like entertainment, peoples look, listen….and after that nothing absolutely nothing but many live in own fantasy world and after open door and go in real life everything is changes….and is not that perfect and nice and good…If entertainment or school (for profit) can teach you nothing or just give you ‘’fake’’ hope person can always can educate yourself for real and need things which is going to need in real life….....
    Interesting stuff Dzambo.
    Im not really into fantasy or fiction either, I find when I do read books these days its either true stories (like the one I mentioned earlier by Dervla Murphy, the 2 previous to that were about Guernsey, true stories also) or factual, learning books as you mentioned.Or magazines and newspapers (not celeb mags or trash like that though!) lol
    Having said that the child in me can totally relate to you KIm and your Enid Blyton. As a child my siblings and me had all the famous five books between us, they kept me going! Other Enid Blyton books too, I also loved Hans Christian Anderson, I couldnt get enough of books, I lived for them but then a lot of it WAS escapism too from reality as you say Dzambo, I needed it a lot of the time. I was always in the library too.
    As a Mother my children were also 'soaked' in books and we always had read aloud sessions too, and bed time stories (where Id sometimes fall asleep with them too, briefly lol) they had even more Enid Blyton than me, my son still loves the famous five and asked for the box set one xmas when he was 17 ! They also had Winnie the pooh, Roald Dahl, Beatrix Potter, Alison Utley, etc etc my son loved Terry Pratchett too as a boy.
    Working in a book shop (or even going through my own childrens books sometimes) I still start getting into them again, Id be like you KIm. Childhood favourites are unbeatable ...

All-About suesjools
    Forum Posts

I used to love the Paddington Bear books when I was a kid, have them all around here somewhere.

Thread Information