Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 72 of 98 FirstFirst ... 22626364656667686970717273747576777879808182 ... LastLast

Thread: What book are you reading at the moment

Northampton, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
    View gyronny's Feedback (+1772)
    All-About gyronny
    View gyronny's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: What book are you reading at the moment

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    Nice to see this thread resurrected. Well done whoever dredged it up!

At the moment I'm re-reading a Heyer whodunnit, Detection Unlimited, and a Grisham, The Appeal. Nice bit of escapism. I've recently started doing a day a week in the local bookshop (bliss!) and I get a discount off all books, plus any in the "pound boxes" are free... swoon!
    Want an apprentice, Kimbo?

Quote Originally Posted by CarnoustieCats View Post
    Just got Earth's Children (6) - Land of the Painted Caves by Jean M Auel.
    Enjoyed the previous ones so looking forward to getting started....
    Super series, read the set twice, but not the new one yet.

Forum Master
    Penarth, The Vale of Glamorgan, United Kingdom
    View Salomina27's Feedback (+273)
    All-About Salomina27
    View Salomina27's Listings
    Forum Posts

Full Tilt by DERVLA MURPHY. Absolutely amazing true story of a young lady who decides to travel across Europe and onto India.....on a bicycle!

Laurencekirk, Aberdeenshire, United Kingdom
    View WiccaBasketUK's Feedback (+451)
    All-About WiccaBasketUK
    View WiccaBasketUK's Listings
    Forum Posts

I'm listening to Brothers & Sisters by Joanna Trollope. I don't have the concentration to read but can listen to a couple of chapters before I fall asleep

Penni
    Not a member yet? Sign up now for free:
    http://uk.ebid.net/perl/normal.cgi?r...=register-main

I read my first Murder She Wrote book a couple of weeks ago, then had a bit of an Agatha Christie fest.

A couple of hours ago, I finished re reading (for the umpteenth time) The Ivy Tree, by Mary Stewart.

I really love her books, they're my comfort zone. I first read Airs Above the Ground when I was in my early teens, I've real all her others, including her Merlin/King Arthur ones, but The Ivy Tree is definitely my favourite.

I was hoping A Memory of Light (Wheel of Time) Robert Jordan/Brandon Sanderson would be out soon, but it looks like I've got to wait until March for that.

So I'm undecided what to read next, not that I've got any shortage of books here.
    Last edited by Gothicina; 1st September 2011 at 07:07 AM.
    Gothicina.

MAHATMA GANDHI - "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way in which its animals are treated."

My Stores
    Gothicina Labels | Gothicina's Web - for eBid Auction Templates & Store Banners.

My Alter egos
    Kewtonia Books | Kewtonia's Klutter | Kewtonia Magz

Family
    Leadhillsonline | Honehe
    Tozcentral | NiffNaff
    SynysterChambers | Goldenboys13

Free eBid Banners | Free YDC Teddies | Charity Listings YDC Teddy Templates

Forum Master
    View DZAMBO's Feedback (+480)
    All-About DZAMBO
    View DZAMBO's Listings
    Forum Posts

Well…right now I am on ‘’Third World America’’ by Arianna Huffington…and by the way, why all the time people who lives in Europe in small country long time ago or just come in here before couple years always can see clearly and explain what is going on in here and have knowledge much more from peoples who are born in here or live in here in the last 80 years or around that….and many from Europe especially from small countries make nice life in here and become good in business or regular jobs…I think because exactly like that peoples understand how this system for real work and is not easy to take this peoples in the ‘’trap’’ or put him in debt for rest of life….The book is not masterpiece because of theme but is real explanation day to day what you can expect for real….I don’t like much ‘’fantasy’’ books I rather stay in earth and read stuff which can help you or be ready if coming on you any time instead of fantasy which is not true and fantasy will never help you or come on you…is just like entertainment, peoples look, listen….and after that nothing absolutely nothing but many live in own fantasy world and after open door and go in real life everything is changes….and is not that perfect and nice and good…If entertainment or school (for profit) can teach you nothing or just give you ‘’fake’’ hope person can always can educate yourself for real and need things which is going to need in real life….....

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gothicina View Post
    I read my first Murder She Wrote book a couple of weeks ago, then had a bit of an Agatha Christie fest.

I'm on Opening Night, by Ngaio Marsh. For some reason it's taken me a while to get around to NM's books, so it's a treat having a bunch of classic whodunits to read for the first time, I'm pretty much word perfect on Christie, Sayers and Wentworth now.

Also reading Puckoon as a "dip in, dip out" read. Hilarious.

I tried Silks - one of the Dick Francis books he wrote with this son, and had to stop quite quickly when the protagonist did that cheap literary trick "do something stupid and out of character just to keep the plot rolling". Clearly his wife was better at this stuff than either of the boys.

Uncovered a pile of Arthur Hailey - am about to rediscover Airport, Hotel, Strong Medicine, etc.... wonder how they will have stood the test of time - been a good few years since I read them.
    --Linda--
    all feedback from eBid

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Currently working on a stack of older history books, 'Warrior Race: A History of the British At War,' by Lawrence James, 'Letters of Queen Victoria,' and 'Anglo Saxon England,' by Sir Frank Stenton among others. Medieval European history is a big interest of mine, think I should've taken a degree in that instead of librarianship, I might just be employable.

Best wishes for many sales to all,

Forum Saint
    Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey, United Kingdom
    View meebo1's Feedback (+7886)
    All-About meebo1
    View meebo1's Listings
    Forum Posts

[QUOTE=bykimbo;1370160]I'm on Opening Night, by Ngaio Marsh. For some reason it's taken me a while to get around to NM's books, so it's a treat having a bunch of classic whodunits to read for the first time, I'm pretty much word perfect on Christie, Sayers and Wentworth now.

Also reading Puckoon as a "dip in, dip out" read. Hilarious.

I tried Silks - one of the Dick Francis books he wrote with this son, and had to stop quite quickly when the protagonist did that cheap literary trick "do something stupid and out of character just to keep the plot rolling". Clearly his wife was better at this stuff than either of the boys. [/FONT][/QUOTE
    My mother in law introduced me to N.M. and I love her books. No gppd me telling you what I am reading - it's in German

Thread Information