Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 65 of 98 FirstFirst ... 15555657585960616263646566676869707172737475 ... LastLast

Thread: What book are you reading at the moment

View CrazyJay's Feedback (+149)
    All-About CrazyJay
    View CrazyJay's Listings
    Forum Posts

Currently reading THE KITE RUNNER by Khaled Hosseini. It's certainly making me think about my opinions on being broke, about how lucky we are in the UK compared to other parts of the world such as the Middle East etc.

Will I still moan about being a bit hard up? - Well, I probably will, but att he same time I'll try to keep it in perspective with what being really poor must be like.

For those who aren't fussy about filtering what I sell - Take a look at ALL my stuff above. - But for more specific listings, take a peek in the stores below.

TOY-PALLOI - For all sorts of traditional playthings!

THE PAPERBOYS PLEASURE - For Books & Magazines

OUT ON THE FLOOR - For Records - (mainly 1950's - 60's)

VIEWPOINT - Photographic Equipment

THE SCRAPYARD - Spare parts for old cars and bikes

...still on Harold Robbins. Finished The Dream Merchants and The Carpetbaggers and about to start The Inheritors. Ideal easy re-reading as spending a lot of time in the garden (and the bath!)
    --Linda--
    all feedback from eBid

Quote Originally Posted by Gothicina View Post

Think I'll read Stowaway to Mars by John Beynon (aka John Wyndham), next I'd imagine it's pretty dated as the copyright says 1935. I can't remember if I've read it before or not, if I did it was at least 25 years ago.
    I had read it.

I followed that by his excellent The Chrysalids, I'd forgotten how good it was, I really think that it's a book crying out for a sequel.

Then I changed pace & read "The Summer that Never Was" by Peter Robinson, it was OK but I didn't really take to the lead character, so wouldn't actively seek to read more Inspector Banks books.
    Still on the murder theme, I then read, "The Bone Garden", by Kate Ellis, that one I really did enjoy, I will probably look out for more of her Wesley Peterson books.

I'm now back into my comfort zone, Anne McCaffrey this time. I've re read "Dinosaur Planet", & have just started re reading "Dinosaur Planet The Survivors".
    Then I'll have to reread "The Planet Pirates" Trilogy, Sassinak, "The Death of Sleep" & "Generation Warriors" as they are all tied together.
    I love the way she tells some of the same story from a different person's perspective, as in "The Survivors", & "The Death of Sleep", although I shouldn't forget her co-authors in the Planet Pirates, Elizabeth Moon & Jody Lynn Nye.
    Last edited by Gothicina; 24th April 2010 at 06:14 AM.
    Gothicina.

MAHATMA GANDHI - "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way in which its animals are treated."

My Stores
    Gothicina Labels | Gothicina's Web - for eBid Auction Templates & Store Banners.

My Alter egos
    Kewtonia Books | Kewtonia's Klutter | Kewtonia Magz

Family
    Leadhillsonline | Honehe
    Tozcentral | NiffNaff
    SynysterChambers | Goldenboys13

Free eBid Banners | Free YDC Teddies | Charity Listings YDC Teddy Templates

Northampton, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
    View gyronny's Feedback (+1772)
    All-About gyronny
    View gyronny's Listings
    Forum Posts

Now reading Roma, by Stephen Saylor. It's a bit simplistic, always a fault of the huge history novels I think. Trying to cram the entire history of a city into one book doesn't leave much room for a satisfying plot or characters.
    Also reading Xenophon's retreat, which so far seems to be more about the history of the Persian/ Greek wars than Xenophon himself.
    I just read Gothicina's post re Robinson and Ellis and I'm the complete opposite! Can't get on with Kate Ellis's books, but enjoy Peter Robinson.

http://gyronny-books.ebid.net

View CrazyJay's Feedback (+149)
    All-About CrazyJay
    View CrazyJay's Listings
    Forum Posts

I've just started reading 'Brighton Rock'. Even though it's been a good few years since i saw the film, this is so close to it, that I can still see all the scenes and all the characters in my mind.

For those who aren't fussy about filtering what I sell - Take a look at ALL my stuff above. - But for more specific listings, take a peek in the stores below.

TOY-PALLOI - For all sorts of traditional playthings!

THE PAPERBOYS PLEASURE - For Books & Magazines

OUT ON THE FLOOR - For Records - (mainly 1950's - 60's)

VIEWPOINT - Photographic Equipment

THE SCRAPYARD - Spare parts for old cars and bikes

I've not been reading quite as much lately, but have still got through a few.
    Finished The Planet Pirates trilogy, then as I'd managed to get a hardback copy re read Anne McCaffrey's Dragonsdawn.

Next came John Wyndham's Web, this book was not published until 10 years after his death, to my mind not his best, but I did enjoy it.

I've just finished Katharine Kerr's Freeze Frame, which is more Sci-Fi, makes a change from her long running Deverry Series. Next on the agenda will be her Polar City Blues, followed by Polar City Nightmare.

I keep saying I won't buy any more books, but just came across one here on eBid that I really cannot pass by, so I put in a bid. It's a book I've never owned, but used to borrow regularly from the library. The last time I read it I was still at school, I read an excerpt from it for my Oral English Exam.

Was so pleased to see it, I forgot to change ID's before I bid
    Gothicina.

MAHATMA GANDHI - "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way in which its animals are treated."

My Stores
    Gothicina Labels | Gothicina's Web - for eBid Auction Templates & Store Banners.

My Alter egos

Family
    Leadhillsonline | Honehe
    Tozcentral | NiffNaff

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gothicina View Post

Was so pleased to see it, I forgot to change ID's before I bid
    Love it.

View Naturelady's Feedback (+653)
    All-About Naturelady
    View Naturelady's Listings
    Forum Posts

Finished the Black House. Started out slow and then didn't want to put it down. Now reading I'm Not Really Here by Tim Allen. Cute so far. Really does sound like the Tool Man was his character also touches on his family life and going through changes after turning 40. Am about halfway through.

Well now I've won my auction, & the item has been invoiced & paid for, I'll tell you what this mystery book is.

It's called "The Animals Came in One by One", & was written by Buster Lloyd Jones.

To many of you that will mean absolutely nothing at all.

Although his 2 biographies never got the sort of acclaim given to those by Alf Wight aka James Herriot, or those by Gerald Durrell, the founder of Jersey Zoo, Buster Lloyd Jones was at one time the most sought after Veterinary Surgeon in Britain.
    He also founded Denes in 1951

The excerpt I read was about one of the dogs Buster rescued during the war, a Borzoi, who managed to escape to give birth in a lake, bet you didn't know water births were around during WWII
    Gothicina.

My Stores

My Alter egos

Family
    Leadhillsonline | Honehe
    Tozcentral | NiffNaff

Thread Information