Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 63 of 98 FirstFirst ... 13535455565758596061626364656667686970717273 ... LastLast

Thread: What book are you reading at the moment

Under the dome by Stephen King

Reincarnation is just another repeat

Forum Saint
    View Anniemcc2's Feedback (+3934)
    All-About Anniemcc2
    View Anniemcc2's Listings
    Forum Posts

The Twisted Sword by Winston Graham - last but one in the Poldark series.

I finished The Gathering Storm, I'm really impressed with how well Brandon Sanderson has done in continuing Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time epic, but knowing that the series won't be finished until 2011 is a downer.

I've now read the first in the Robin Hobb Soldier Son Trilogy, Shaman's Crossing, I still don't know how I feel about it, in some ways it was quite boring, but strangely compelling as well.
    When I finished work this morning I still had about 50 pages to go, & I had to read them before I could go to bed.
    I'll start the next one tonight.
    Gothicina.

MAHATMA GANDHI - "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way in which its animals are treated."

My Stores
    Gothicina Labels | Gothicina's Web - for eBid Auction Templates & Store Banners.

My Alter egos
    Kewtonia Books | Kewtonia's Klutter | Kewtonia Magz

Family
    Leadhillsonline | Honehe
    Tozcentral | NiffNaff
    SynysterChambers | Goldenboys13

Free eBid Banners | Free YDC Teddies | Charity Listings YDC Teddy Templates

OH says he knows what you mean - he bought the Wheel of Time as a set of ten!! He didn't realise until he reached the end of book ten that it wasn't the end! He's still recovering from the shock.... I'll tell him you like the latest version - he was a bit concerned about the "new" author stringing the ending out into three books - after all it's not going to benefit Robert Jordan now!

View Naturelady's Feedback (+653)
    All-About Naturelady
    View Naturelady's Listings
    Forum Posts

I am reading My Friend Leonard by James Frey and Song of Suzannah by Stephen King in the Dark Tower Series. Both are very good books. Can't wait to get to next one in dark tower series.

Quote Originally Posted by lejoueurdepipeau View Post
    OH says he knows what you mean - he bought the Wheel of Time as a set of ten!! He didn't realise until he reached the end of book ten that it wasn't the end! He's still recovering from the shock.... I'll tell him you like the latest version - he was a bit concerned about the "new" author stringing the ending out into three books - after all it's not going to benefit Robert Jordan now!
    Knife of Dreams is book 11, & the last written only by Robert Jordan (or to give his correct name James Oliver Rigney, Jr) it began to pick up the pace a bit, & that is continued by Brandon Sanderson in the Gathering Storm.
    Despite what Robert Jordan said, I doubt he could have finished the series in one book (the publishers probably would have split it anyway) he originally thought he could complete the whole series in 6.
    Robert Jordan took great pains to make sure the series would be finished, he left copious notes the ending is his. Brandon Sanderson was chosen by Robert Jordan's Widow to complete it.
    The reasons for splitting it can be found in the following article on Brandon Sanderson's Blog.
    http://www.brandonsanderson.com/arti...Splitting-AMOL

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Jordan has some info, & more can be found on Robert Jordan's website (Dragonmount)
    Gothicina.

MAHATMA GANDHI - "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way in which its animals are treated."

My Stores
    Gothicina Labels | Gothicina's Web - for eBid Auction Templates & Store Banners.

My Alter egos
    Kewtonia Books | Kewtonia's Klutter | Kewtonia Magz

Family
    Leadhillsonline | Honehe
    Tozcentral | NiffNaff
    SynysterChambers | Goldenboys13

Free eBid Banners | Free YDC Teddies | Charity Listings YDC Teddy Templates

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gothicina View Post
    I finished The Gathering Storm, I'm really impressed with how well Brandon Sanderson has done in continuing Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time epic, but knowing that the series won't be finished until 2011 is a downer.

I've now read the first in the Robin Hobb Soldier Son Trilogy, Shaman's Crossing, I still don't know how I feel about it, in some ways it was quite boring, but strangely compelling as well.
    When I finished work this morning I still had about 50 pages to go, & I had to read them before I could go to bed.
    I'll start the next one tonight.

It had a similar effect on me. But I suspect this was partly down to expectations being so high from the previous series, that I couldn't quite believe it was really bad and kept waiting for it to improve. I've certainly not rushed out and bought any more books in the series. So I look forward to your report on book two, please!?

Northampton, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
    View gyronny's Feedback (+1772)
    All-About gyronny
    View gyronny's Listings
    Forum Posts

Finished The Janus Stone, didn't enjoy it as much as her first one. Captain of Rome was OK but I couldn't get as deeply into it as I would have liked.
    Now started on Giles Kristian's Raven 2 and having sorted through all my books have started re-reading th Lovejoy series. They hold up very well!
    Must make time for Spencer and Jack Aubrey!

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Gyronny-Books

Forum Newbie
    View pugcentric's Feedback (+540)
    All-About pugcentric
    View pugcentric's Listings
    Forum Posts

reading Cashelmara by Barbara Howatch and listening to Under the Dome by King

Forum Newbie
    View rowantree's Feedback (+68)
    All-About rowantree
    View rowantree's Listings
    Forum Posts

Angela Knights Master of Fire - cant help it - addicted to vampires!!

Thread Information