Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 51 of 98 FirstFirst ... 414243444546474849505152535455565758596061 ... LastLast

Thread: What book are you reading at the moment

[QUOTE=gyronny;1062508]ps Robin Hobb's pseudonym is Megan Lindholm QUOTE]

Ah yes that's the one - I think the Lindholm bit is part of her real name! Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by lejoueurdepipeau View Post
    Thanks for those - keep them coming! He has read David Eddings too and loves them - (forgot to mention him) and he recently discovered Robin Hobb but you have mentioned names that are new to me! I understand that Robin writes under another name as well - Megan ????? (something or other) - is her style and subject matter different with each persona?
    How did you guess? I'd certainly like to get birthdays and Xmas sorted for years to come - brilliant!! Oh .... and feel free to hijack away....
    Youngest reads Hobbs/Lindholm as well as Weis and Hickman. Hobbs books when she writes as Lindholm are much smaller and easier to read but are harder to come by.
    There are lots of good fantasy authors. Has he tried Elizabeth Moon, more sci-fi but good and then there is James Barclay a UK writer.

Quote Originally Posted by gyronny View Post
    The Martin books are huge, each around 700 pages long and 4 so far with a fifth in the offing.
    I'm waiting for the next one of them to come out.
    Please Visit my Book Store:

Affordable books Books

Family Members:
    Gothicina

My Children:
    Honehe
    Niffnaff
    Tozcentral

Glasgow, South Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    View ejean9's Feedback (+946)
    All-About ejean9
    View ejean9's Listings
    Forum Posts

in the middle of "At my mothers knee..Paul OGrady" very funny in places..

Forum Saint
    View moonwitch's Feedback (+1616)
    All-About moonwitch
    View moonwitch's Listings
    Forum Posts

I'm reading 'seeing angels' that I bought from a new seller on eBid.

It's a book full of accounts of people who have been helped by angels.

I already have a buyer lined up for when I have finished the book

Forum Saint
    Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey, United Kingdom
    View meebo1's Feedback (+7886)
    All-About meebo1
    View meebo1's Listings
    Forum Posts

I have been given: The Other Half Lives by Sophie Hannah
    Anyone know it or read something else from this writer? I am not sure it's a book for me and it's big - 550 pages, hardback

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

I'm reading FAT by Rob Grant. It's funny, observant, and horribly believable. By one of the guys who wrote Red Dwarf. Set in an only fractionally different version of "now" when being fat has become so unacceptable that the obese are penalised at every turn. It has a wonderfully irrascible celebrity chef in it. I'm four fifths of the way through, and still have no idea how it's going to finish...

Birmingham, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View maroy41's Feedback (+1089)
    All-About maroy41
    View maroy41's Listings
    Forum Posts

I'm reading The Dark Highlander by Karen Marie Moning, I was going to list them ( I have the series ) but started reading them again, and haven't been able to put them down since - no listing done either
    Great books reasonable prices please click on the logo below and browse around I have quite a selection for you to choose from.

Some great Dvd's --->
    Here

Jusr finished ABC's of Property Management and now starting Grant Writing for Dummies, because I is one!
    I have new listings! Check them out!

Everything I say can be fully substantiated by my own opinion.
    Fed up with paying to sell?

Quote Originally Posted by lejoueurdepipeau View Post
    OK folks - need a bit of help. It is the OH's birthday soon and he is an avid science fiction/fantasy reader (and I am not!). He has already read everything not nailed down by Robert Jordan, Stephen Donaldson, Anne McCaffrey and Ursula le Guin. What other authors would you recommend? Would quite like to start him off on someone new while he waits for the new Wheel of Time - he's currently reading them all again in anticipation!
    I'm waiting for the Jordan too,
    Terry Goodkind & George R R Martin IMO are darker than Jordan.
    Like Wiz says James Barclay is another good one to read.

As for Elizabeth Moon, she wrote two of the Planet Pirates Series with Anne McCaffrey, so if he liked Sassinak & Generation Warriors, he'd like the "Serano" & "Vatta" series by Elizabeth Moon.

I've just finished re-reading the Dinosaur Planet & Planet Pirate Series, although McCaffreys Pern ones are my favourites.

Not reading anything at the mo, had too many migraines lately so had to restrict my reading & computer time, & coffee for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    (minor hijack )

So if I like Feist and Eddings, I'll like Kerr? Haven't read any SF/Fantasy for a while, it'd be nice to try somebody new.
    I suggest you try the Dragon Prince Trilogy & the Dragon Star Trilogy by Melanie Rawn, she's written others, but I think those two trilogies are her best.

Don't get me wrong I like Katharine Kerr, was my fault Wiz got hooked on Fantasy I bought her OH the first one, which she read. Kerr's have a celtic flavour, & the forward & backwards in time can be confusing.

I also enjoy Trudy Canavan, Maggie Fury, Mercedes Lackey.
    Last edited by Gothicina; 6th September 2009 at 09:36 PM.
    Gothicina.

MAHATMA GANDHI - "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way in which its animals are treated."

My Stores
    Gothicina Labels | Gothicina's Web - for eBid Auction Templates & Store Banners.

My Alter egos
    Kewtonia Books | Kewtonia's Klutter | Kewtonia Magz

Family
    Leadhillsonline | Honehe
    Tozcentral | NiffNaff
    SynysterChambers | Goldenboys13

Free eBid Banners | Free YDC Teddies | Charity Listings YDC Teddy Templates

View klj's Feedback (+3320)
    All-About klj
    View klj's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by meebo1 View Post
    I have been given: The Other Half Lives by Sophie Hannah
    Anyone know it or read something else from this writer? I am not sure it's a book for me and it's big - 550 pages, hardback
    Meebo I've read every one of Sophie Hannah's earlier crime fiction books and found them all extremely good - she is one of my favourites. When you are ready to pass that one on, please let me know!

Thread Information